Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Can I play too? I have several afghans that need to move from the WIP pile. I have a CRW, a aran strip, a bedspread (from thread), a spiral and to finish the border on a afghan for a friend. Those are the ones I can think of right now....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally finished an afghan today that I've been working on since last February! I also started one for the heirloom throw cal.

Pretty!!

This CAL is really NOT a great idea for me! I found myself starting a wool eater afghan tonight instead of working on the one I need to finish! You girls are a bad influence on me! :lol

DUH! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

i even brought my own chair and coffee mug (travel....cant be spillling gunk on my stuff)

now may i ask has anybody here attempted a daisy square afghan or am i a glutton for punishment LOL

I haven't but I love the square and have contemplated making one to use up the odds and ends of yarn I have been saving.

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

This is the Jacob's Ladder I'm working on. :)

Looks great.

My oldest ds plays that and loves it. I would too, but you know there just aren't enough hours in the day ;)

Thank you! :manyheart:hook

Your Welcome

I finally finished an afghan today that I've been working on since last February! I also started one for the heirloom throw cal.
That is beautiful, may I ask what pattern you used?

This CAL is really NOT a great idea for me! I found myself starting a wool eater afghan tonight instead of working on the one I need to finish! You girls are a bad influence on me! :lol
:blush that was me being a bad influence :eek:lol

I so want to o a Catherine's wheel and now a wool eaters AND a double strand green motif afghan.... At least this CAL will keep me busy! LOL
My mom Pineknott, is interested in a Catherines wheel, so I'll have to check out that pattern so I can help her.

ive been thinking about this CAL all day..is there any room for another crochet ADD person LOL!

i have i think at least 10 afghans in various stages if doneness (is that a word?)

i need serious motivation gals! ive got 2 almost 90% done!

:welcomeI don't even know how many afghans I have started :eek

Can I play too? I have several afghans that need to move from the WIP pile. I have a CRW, a aran strip, a bedspread (from thread), a spiral and to finish the border on a afghan for a friend. Those are the ones I can think of right now....
:welcomeWhat is a CRW? And as if I don't have enough started I want to make a bedspread from thread too, just have to find the right pattern. Had found one, but have not been able to re-find it.

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

Sue, I like your Jacob's Ladder afghan, I like the look of those, but not gotten the courage to try it, what would you say for the difficulty level?

Well maybe I'll find some of my wip afghans today, if so I will share a picture later. Most get busy for a while, and that doesn't include :hook at the moment. :(

I'll try to be back later,

René

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

That is really cool looking!

I joined the wooleater CAL too, lol! It just looks to be such a cool 'ghan that I sort of have to right ;) When I get a bunch of things going at once I assign each a day of the week to work on (sometimes my favorite project gets assigned two days lol). So I will be doing that so that I make steady progress on all of these, lol.

That is really cool looking!

I joined the wooleater CAL too, lol! It just looks to be such a cool 'ghan that I sort of have to right ;) When I get a bunch of things going at once I assign each a day of the week to work on (sometimes my favorite project gets assigned two days lol). So I will be doing that so that I make steady progress on all of these, lol.

Good idea, I'll probably need to do that too!!!

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous afghans ladies! :manyheart I've never done a sampler or a Jacob's Ladder (hmm, another WIM!!).

I am really liking the simply spiral now. I still get a little flustered at the rows 7-12, but if I go a little slower on those rows, it turns out pretty good. It's doubled in size since my last post!

Rene, I just finished a jacob's ladder. It was pretty easy, but holy cow did it seem to take FOREVER. I just could seem to keep my interest going in it. good thing it was a christmas present or it would still be sitting here unfinished. I just dont like doing straight across long blankets. I prefer shapes

Rene, I just finished a jacob's ladder. It was pretty easy, but holy cow did it seem to take FOREVER. I just could seem to keep my interest going in it. good thing it was a christmas present or it would still be sitting here unfinished. I just dont like doing straight across long blankets. I prefer shapes

Thanks Tonya, I'll put one on my list to do after I get caught up with all I am currently doing :P

Sue your afghan is beautiful! I've never done a Jacobs ladder....one of these days I'd like to try one tho.

Now I want to make the Red Heart Sampler afghan too! I think I need a CAL for this CAL! :)

I have a question for you ladies....last night I made a wool eater square. I did the first 3 rounds which is actually 6 rounds. Is there a way to make squares of this and join them? Would you be able to join them since they have the scallops? I would love to do that if it's possible! Does anyone have any ideas about it?

Oh, and just so you know, I haven't even picked up my aran afghan in days. :blush

Sue your afghan is beautiful! I've never done a Jacobs ladder....one of these days I'd like to try one tho.

Now I want to make the Red Heart Sampler afghan too! I think I need a CAL for this CAL! :)Off to look for the Red Heart Sampler Afghan, love samplers

I have a question for you ladies....last night I made a wool eater square. I did the first 3 rounds which is actually 6 rounds. Is there a way to make squares of this and join them? Would you be able to join them since they have the scallops? I would love to do that if it's possible! Does anyone have any ideas about it?I haven't tried out the pattern but I was thinking the same thing, wondering about making squares and joining instead of just one big blanket.

Oh, and just so you know, I haven't even picked up my aran afghan in days. :blush

:thinkWhat am I still doing on here??? I said I was going to get stuff other than :hook done today, logging off NOW!!:blush

I'll have a pic to share on Monday. I'll be finishing up my graph ghan today, but am not sure I'll get back in over the weekend :think

I :think *think* I'm getting the hang of this blanket. I hope so anyways! Looks a tad bit better than attempt #1 at least. That increase stripe still gets me tho.

[ATTACH]49825[/ATTACH]

I managed to get back to the same spot as before with it, in a relatively short amount of time. :wooI will work on it some more over the weekend, or perhaps grab some new yarn and work on some granny stripes and granny ripples. Those are some of my favorites. OOOHH another CAL!?! I have eyed that wool eater blanket for quite a while as well. HMMM, we shall see about that one later on perhaps.

Ok enough rambling from me. Carry on ladies! :hook Hope you have a fabulous evening!

Coming along nicely, it's looking great :yes

Love all the colors :D

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous :yes

i even brought my own chair and coffee mug (travel....cant be spillling gunk on my stuff)

now may i ask has anybody here attempted a daisy square afghan or am i a glutton for punishment LOL

The afghan I am putting a border on is the dasiy square afghan. When I get it done I will post a picture.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701-1-s&va=cathedral+rose+window+afghan

This is a link to a CRW. Cathedral rose window. It is a labor of love let me tell you and I am ashamed to tell you all How long I have been workin on it. There is a CAL here about it too.

Pretty afghans!!!

I love Twilight and Harry Potter!!

I bought Auntie Tyler's Crochet Garden today. She wrote it specifically for the Kindle because she said most crochet books on Amazon are either not for the Kindle, or you can't get a good enough look at them from the sample to see if you like the patterns. She included the back cover in the first few pages so that it would come in the sample. There are some nice square patterns in there.

I must own that one now, too. :lol

I think the true purpose of a CAL is to create more projects, not progress through them. :heehee

I so want to o a Catherine's wheel and now a wool eaters AND a double strand green motif afghan.... At least this CAL will keep me busy! LOL

:hook

ive been thinking about this CAL all day..is there any room for another crochet ADD person LOL!

i have i think at least 10 afghans in various stages if doneness (is that a word?)

i need serious motivation gals! ive got 2 almost 90% done!

Welcome!

Did Cooper rat me out??? :lol

I've seen the Twilight movies, but haven't read a book (besides my Biology book) in a long time. :)

:rofl I figured that one out on my own. Although, Cooper is well aware of your enabling abilities, too.

So pretty! I love those bright colors. Looking forward to seeing the heirloom throw.

Of course! Welcome aboard!

[ATTACH]49853[/ATTACH]

It looks great, Sue!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701-1-s&va=cathedral+rose+window+afghan

This is a link to a CRW. Cathedral rose window. It is a labor of love let me tell you and I am ashamed to tell you all How long I have been workin on it. There is a CAL here about it too.

I have one of those in the infamous WIP closet, too. :lol

marapan - Congrats on getting the graph ghan finished. Can't wait to see it.

tiffer - The Tunisian spiral looks good. :yes

Sorry if I missed anyone. Y'all have been chatty today!

I finished Twilight this morning while having coffee and oatmeal at Starbucks. So, I'm going to work on my granny stripe the rest of the weekend. I have a hockey game tonight (Go Ice!), but other than that and Mass in the morning, I should be set to crochet, crochet, crochet away. I WILL wait until at least Monday to start New Moon. I WILL!

I guess I'll grab my hooks and yarn. I'm currently ripping my music onto my new laptop. The other one died a quick, painful death. I'm horrible and hadn't backed everything up in so long that I almost have to start over. :blush:angry

HI. I need some cheerleaders telling me "YOU CAN DO IT" I am working on 2 (!) afghans from A Year of Baby Afghans Book 4--the one that looks like a parade of animal crackers...It is the August one.

All this counting and single crochet!!!! I can do it, I can!

So, I have come on over to play, too!

:hug

:waving Hi! can I still join? This afghan cal sounds like fun!! I really enjoy watching everyone's progress!

I spent the week looking for another project and I found this

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

I stopped at Hobby Lobby and found some I Love this Yarn in Ivory

so I am starting this today. I have to learn how to make the rose squares, but the middle looks easy enough (I hope!) :)

Dorothy - that is beautiful!!

Got to work on the baby RR this morning while we watched "The Smurfs". Hopefully I can get it done this next week so I can back to work on my RR.

:waving Hi! can I still join? This afghan cal sounds like fun!! I really enjoy watching everyone's progress!

I spent the week looking for another project and I found this

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

I stopped at Hobby Lobby and found some I Love this Yarn in Ivory

so I am starting this today. I have to learn how to make the rose squares, but the middle looks easy enough (I hope!) :)

That's a really beautiful afghan, looking forward to seeing your progress

Whew! Miss half a day and have 4+ pages to catch up on :lol I'm glad that so many people are here! I love the recent afghans that have been posted. I'm going to try a sampler some day after I get all my other stuff done :lol I really love the daisy afghan Dorothy!

:cheer You Can Do It Elvee! :cheer

Archived