Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

I've been plugging away little by little on one of the wedding ring afghans. I have my one sample square done, all of the aran centers, and 10 half rings on aran centers. Here is a pic to show the colors. The square is wonky, but I'm hoping that all will be well with blocking and once everything is sewn together.

I love the colors that you are using!!! Beautiful!

Tiffer--I like the way the Granny Star is shaping up too--and love the pink and black together!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll join you all in this, at least for a while. I have a bunch of unfinished afghans that are supposed to be for me, which is why they are all WIPs. Any time a project for someone else comes up, mine get put on hold and frequently just sit there forever undone. I also just started a scrap ripple afghan this week to use up some of the many partial skeins I have left over from other projects. I'm on row 10 at the moment. I'm just grabbing whatever happens to fit my mood at the moment and adding that color to the mix. I'm making it with a P hook and 3 strands. The last time I did a scrap afghan it turned out very pretty, so I'm hoping that this one will too. I'll try to get a picture of it later today.

Hello Ladies:

Happy sunday to all...

Wow we have all been busy bees here...

Tiffer i love that afghan you making square spirals?? i think that is what its called.. Awesome...

I also have fallen in love with the granny star ripple you making in pink and black... wooo hooo....

Yarn Geek I love your spampler finished ghan in them lovely bright cheerfull colors... Great Job.

Sue your Jacob's Ladder is lovely i love the colors and I never done one but love yours...

Dorothy like i said before in your other posts.... I love that daisy square afghan..

Its a lovely ghan and so cheerful.....

Dee Your wedding ring afghan is going to be a beautiful afghan from the sample i seen you made already... Wow that is awesome....

busy bee lmf: Caint wait to see your scrap yarn afghan I'm almost done with mine should be done today and will post photos later...

I beleive i will start another one but with a light cololr blend instead of the black ..

I'm loving these round ripple ghans...

hugs to all

Lillibet

I'd like to pop in on this CAL too if that is okay. I am currently working on this years Craft Show afghan, you can find progress pictures on my blog here. I have at least 2 other afghans in progress that I want to finish up. Mainly the Double Wedding Ring one I am doing for my DD, they got married in 2010... :lol.

Sue - your Jacob's Ladder came out great! :clap I just finished the one I was doing too. My DD and I were working on one over Skype together. Here is a picture of the one I finished.

post-22215-135897725211_thumb.jpg

bigfunfam - I see you are working on a wedding ring afghan too, maybe you can keep me going on mine. :D

Everyone's afghan's are sooo pretty!! I've got some great ideas stored away for later. These are 2 of the ones I'm working on. One is the Catherine Wheel for my niece, and the other is the Twinkle Little Star Blanket I'm working on for our new nephew due next month.

post-54847-135897725222_thumb.jpg

post-54847-135897725224_thumb.jpg

bigfunfam - I see you are working on a wedding ring afghan too, maybe you can keep me going on mine. :D

Your Jacob's Ladder is beautiful! I hope that we can motivate each other on the wedding rings. It's something I have put on my to-do list but it's kind of tedious, lol.

I am up tp row 46 on this afghan now--the animals are starting to take shape. Tedious working in one color--and white to boot!

:clap

Everyone's afghan's are sooo pretty!! I've got some great ideas stored away for later. These are 2 of the ones I'm working on. One is the Catherine Wheel for my niece, and the other is the Twinkle Little Star Blanket I'm working on for our new nephew due next month.

Those are really pretty!

I love your Jacob's ladder Carrie!! And thanks! :)

Kim, how hard is the Catherine's Wheel? I've been debating that one. Love how both of your's are coming along.

:turtle:vheart

I love your Jacob's ladder Carrie!! And thanks! :)

Kim, how hard is the Catherine's Wheel? I've been debating that one. Love how both of your's are coming along.

:turtle:vheart

Thanks!! It's really easy. Each color is made up of 2 rows, and it consists of double, triple, and chains. I used the Jumbo Catherine Wheel pattern on Youtube. The regular Catherine Wheel is single and double crochet, much smaller, and more work :D. This is the other one I have in progress too. I'm keeping it for myself, but it's not a priority right now, and packed away until after we move.

post-54847-135897725276_thumb.jpg

I hadn't thought about how washing probably helps the yarn hold together. Thank you!

You're welcome!

I've been plugging away little by little on one of the wedding ring afghans. I have my one sample square done, all of the aran centers, and 10 half rings on aran centers. Here is a pic to show the colors. The square is wonky, but I'm hoping that all will be well with blocking and once everything is sewn together.

Beautiful colors! I think your square will turn out just fine when it's all sewn together as well.

That is going to be gorgeous! Is that Carlinda's pattern?

Yep, sure is! Love her pattern!

That color combination is great!

Thank you!

Thanks!! It's really easy. Each color is made up of 2 rows, and it consists of double, triple, and chains. I used the Jumbo Catherine Wheel pattern on Youtube. The regular Catherine Wheel is single and double crochet, much smaller, and more work :D. This is the other one I have in progress too. I'm keeping it for myself, but it's not a priority right now, and packed away until after we move.

This is so pretty- I love the color combo!

:hi Beautiful :crocheting everybody.

I now have all 10 of my yellow squares done and 5 of my green squares done. I'm try to get a color done a week. That is all I can handle now that I sm starting back to school tomorrow. May not be on as much. I have three classes. One on Monday, one on Tuesday and two on Wednesday. The Monday class is two days a week. That's why I have two on Wednesday. For two of my classes I have a new teacher but she's for both classes. I hope I like her teaching style just the over all way she does things. My other teacher I've had her. I really like her.

Oh I'm going to school to be a preschool teacher. I figured you'd like to know that. i really have loved all my classes so far. I'm really learning a lot. And I'm realizing I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. :lol:lol :haha:laughroll

It is good to see everyone's progress!!! but now I want to make a Catherine's wheel and the wedding ring afghan!!!!

my mom likes quilts, and I think she would like a wedding ring crochet afghan, since I dont quilt. :)

I got 8 squares done this past weekend. I seem to get bored doing the same thing over and over, so I am trying to make some baby booties for a friend that is expecting a baby.

8 squares done, 40 to go!! :hook

Way to go everyone on your progress!!! :cheer

Hello everyone :hi

Wow, I miss so much when I don't get on over the weekend. Everyone's projects are great!

Dorothy - How far along is you CRW ghan? I have a WIP for about 2 years now that's not the CRW, but similar. The daisy afghan is gorgeous :manyheart

Nicole - Did you hold off until today to start New Moon? How's the granny stripes?

Lorry - You can do it, you can do it, you can do it :cheer :cheer :cheer

Texas Sunflower - That's a pretty pattern you picked :yes

Braxxi - Your double strands ghan is beautiful :manyheart

Lillibet - Love your RR and the colors :manyheart

Deb - It's OK, we won't kick you out :lol May I recommend doing a little of your now WIP and alot so much time and then when you finish the say half hour to an hour....then you get to work on something a little more 'fun' :D That's works for me at times :yes

Amanda - :hug I sometimes have that problem too...I love your ghan though, green's my favorite color :wink

Tiffany - I love the start of your Granny Star :manyheart

Dee - I like the beginnings of your wedding rings ghan and think the square will look good when joined together :manyheart

Carrie - Your Jacob's latter is gorgeous :manyheart

Abigail - I love your Catherine Wheel's and the Twinkle Little Star Blanket :manyheart

Now that is gorgeous! But then I'm partial to pink! :lol Love the colors! I'll have to look up the YouTube video on this one. Oh no...ANOTHER project!!!:eek

Carrie - :faint That's gorgeous!

Tiffer - The granny square is looking fabulous. :tup

Marisa - :blush No! :lol I started New Moon and finished it this weekend. That darn granny stripe is still sitting in my closet. I need a break from reading though. So, I should be back at it tonight. I probably shouldn't hold my breath though. :P

The Harley afghan is A-MAZ-ING! Love it so much! :clap

Abigail - All of your afghans look great so far! :yes

Howdy everyone! :hi

So here is a picture of my graph ghan I finished on Saturday and gave to the birthday boy....he absolutely loved it :yes

Awesome job!!

I haven't gotten much more accomplished on my afghan. I really love the pattern (granny hexagon) and I don't mind making the hexagons, but I just can't seem to get excited about finishing it. :shrug

So here is a picture of my graph ghan I finished on Saturday and gave to the birthday boy....he absolutely loved it :yes

WOW!!! Beautiful! :clap :clap :clap

I love looking at everyone's afghans!! They're all so creative and beautiful!

Thank you for all the compliments on my ghans. I really appreciate them.

I just realized that I can't count. My Twinkle Blanket, I've only made 3 blocks the correct size. For some reason, I was thinking they were supposed to be 16 rows, when they're supposed to be 18 rows. The white blocks will be easy to fix ... I just have to add two rows. The stars are another story though, as I need to add a 3rd row on before the star begins, which means I have to rip out almost 14 rows. Luckily I've only made 3 stars. Glad I figured it out now and not when i was seaming the blocks together.

Archived