Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

I have finished the Sunny Spread and I love it! I was totally inspired by the beautiful, colorful ones I've seen by JusOneKiss in the afghans show and tell. She is right, that pattern is addicting and I already have another one planned. I decided to try doing it in an angle pattern rather than diagonal stripes, but I think the stripes would have been better. Whatever, I love it!

It is made with Simply Soft. I picked one of their variegated "paint" colors and chose the other ones to complement.

post-41133-135897726753_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just put the post with the finished afghan here. Had so much fun with it :D

Have to make some Valentine stuff then will be back onto the Double Wedding ring afghan. Have to get that one finished because DD is already bugging me about the UT afghan I designed for her. :rofl

:mug:cat:yarn

That is just gorgeous!

I have finished the Sunny Spread and I love it! I was totally inspired by the beautiful, colorful ones I've seen by JusOneKiss in the afghans show and tell. She is right, that pattern is addicting and I already have another one planned. I decided to try doing it in an angle pattern rather than diagonal stripes, but I think the stripes would have been better. Whatever, I love it!

It is made with Simply Soft. I picked one of their variegated "paint" colors and chose the other ones to complement.

Beautiful! :manyheart love the colors!

I love that afghan. It would match my living room perfectly! Add another one to my "afghan to do list". :lol

Have to make some Valentine stuff then will be back onto the Double Wedding ring afghan. Have to get that one finished because DD is already bugging me about the UT afghan I designed for her. :rofl

Beautiful!!!

That is really pretty! The colors are perfect.

Carrie and Amanda, your afghans are both GORGEOUS!!!!

I put mine aside to make a hat and some bags. I'll get back to it I hope by Monday. I also hope on Monday to get some fleece cut out to make a couple EdgeryDoo afghans.

:turtle:vheart

Very, very pretty! That's definitely a winner. :clap :clap :clap

Oh, WOW!!!! Another gorgeous afghan. And I like the chevron effect. :clap :clap :clap

I LOVE those colors! Great job!

I love this pattern, and it's on my "someday" list. :lol

I've made some progress on my Heirloom Stitches Throw, but I'd be much farther along if I wasn't making silly mistakes and having to frog practically every other row. :oops It's not so bad now, but I swear those first 6-7 rows were done, redone, and then done again! :lol

Here's a progress pic.

post-33647-135897726787_thumb.jpg

I've made some progress on my Heirloom Stitches Throw, but I'd be much farther along if I wasn't making silly mistakes and having to frog practically every other row. :oops It's not so bad now, but I swear those first 6-7 rows were done, redone, and then done again! :lol

Here's a progress pic.

Its beautiful, looks like it will be worth a;ll the work.

Everyone's afghans look great! Wish I had the patience to finish the graph-ghan I start in June of 2010...:blush

I got one of two boxes of yarn from JoAnn's today, so I got most of the yarn for my Mystery CAL. I had ordered 3 sets of yarn for 3 different people and didn't have all the yarn for any single order...lol. Now I won't get the other box until Tuesday (with Monday being a holiday and all). Of course, I still have to wait until February to start it...:thair

Anyway, I did start another afghan last Sunday - Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's. I have about 6 rows to go according to the pattern, but I may do more in order to use up the yarn. Planning to have this one done before Friday. I have to take my grandmother in for surgery on Friday...:xfin

It's beautiful!!!

I love this and the colors!!! Must add this pattern to my list of afghans to make!!! Which is growing longer by the second it seems!!!

Here's a progress pic.

This is going to be an awesome afghan!

Everyone's afghans look great! Wish I had the patience to finish the graph-ghan I start in June of 2010...:blush

I got one of two boxes of yarn from JoAnn's today, so I got most of the yarn for my Mystery CAL. I had ordered 3 sets of yarn for 3 different people and didn't have all the yarn for any single order...lol. Now I won't get the other box until Tuesday (with Monday being a holiday and all). Of course, I still have to wait until February to start it...:thair

Anyway, I did start another afghan last Sunday - Pacific Harbor Throw from Herrschner's. I have about 6 rows to go according to the pattern, but I may do more in order to use up the yarn. Planning to have this one done before Friday. I have to take my grandmother in for surgery on Friday...:xfin

Prayers that all goes well for your grandmother!!!

That is gorgeous!

Here's a progress pic.

OMGosh! It looks amazing! It's worked in one piece, not squares?

Yarn-Geek - Your Heirloom afghan will be fantastic when you get done!! I love the color you are using.

I did one like that a few years ago. It drove me crazy but it was so pretty when I finished I didn't want to give it away :lol

Here's a progress pic.

That's a lovely project you have going. I can see why you've made so many trips to the frog pond, but it's going to be sensational when done. :cheer :cheer :cheer

"So many trips to the frog pond"! lol--I am about to go there myself. I finished the white animal cracker afghan Photo later--Jim has my memory card down in the field in his trail camera! (Didn't I tell you to get another one?" he asks innocently when I was surprised I had none in my camera....:think)

Anyway afghan went smoothly. A lovely lady from Ravelry shared her spread sheet of row by row stitches with me.

Second afghan--not!!! It is messing up left and right. I count, recount, rows and stitches and still mess up. This afghan does not want to be made!!! I started this afghan last Spring for our nephew Brian and his wife Erin. That baby was miscarried. They tried again, that baby was miscarried. Now she is pregnant and in her 16th week--Baby is holding strong and looks to be a viable pregnancy.

Her afghan doesn't want to be made though. I figure I will start over with a different color yarn and intent for this coming baby. I am done smacking my forehead over this one!!!

:(

"So many trips to the frog pond"! lol--I am about to go there myself. I finished the white animal cracker afghan Photo later--Jim has my memory card down in the field in his trail camera! (Didn't I tell you to get another one?" he asks innocently when I was surprised I had none in my camera....:think)

Anyway afghan went smoothly. A lovely lady from Ravelry shared her spread sheet of row by row stitches with me.

Second afghan--not!!! It is messing up left and right. I count, recount, rows and stitches and still mess up. This afghan does not want to be made!!! I started this afghan last Spring for our nephew Brian and his wife Erin. That baby was miscarried. They tried again, that baby was miscarried. Now she is pregnant and in her 16th week--Baby is holding strong and looks to be a viable pregnancy.

Her afghan doesn't want to be made though. I figure I will start over with a different color yarn and intent for this coming baby. I am done smacking my forehead over this one!!!

:(

Definitely sounds like you need to do something else. At a certain point there is no sense in continuing. :hug

:cheerI'm putting the edging on my afghan and it looks like I will definitely be making the Saturday deadline with days to spare!!! I'm so excited to have this one almost finished and I can gift them all on Saturday to my friends. Works out perfect since we are having a slumber party...yes, you heard right...a slumber party on Saturday. Can you imagine 7 women between 45 and 55 having a slumber party? Should be fun tho...instead of talking about school and boys we'll be comparing our aches and pains! :rofl

:cheerI'm putting the edging on my afghan and it looks like I will definitely be making the Saturday deadline with days to spare!!! I'm so excited to have this one almost finished and I can gift them all on Saturday to my friends. Works out perfect since we are having a slumber party...yes, you heard right...a slumber party on Saturday. Can you imagine 7 women between 45 and 55 having a slumber party? Should be fun tho...instead of talking about school and boys we'll be comparing our aches and pains! :rofl

Congratulations on finishing with time to spare! :clap Your slumber party sounds like loads of fun. :devil

that does sound like fun..as long as you don't have to sleep on the floor! :lol

Can't wait to see pictures!

that does sound like fun..as long as you don't have to sleep on the floor! :lol

Can't wait to see pictures!

Boy that's the truth! There is no way on God's green earth that I could sleep on a floor now! I guess she has some air mattresses and there are a couple sofas. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Good afternoon everyone :hi

Carrie - Love how your ghan turned out, it's gorgeous :manyheart

Amanda - Your sunny spread is beautiful :manyheart

yarn geek - Your heirloom throw is coming along great...hopefully you're done at the frong pond :xfin:hug

Deb - A slumber party sounds like such fun :yes I know you'll enjoy yourselves....can't wait to see the ghan.

I wanna come to the slumber party!!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Archived