Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

I wanna come to the slumber party!!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

You're willing to give up sunny and warm for cold, windy and snowy? :eek I'll make a deal with you Sue....you come here and I'll go there! I don't even care if I miss the slumber party! :lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheerI'm putting the edging on my afghan and it looks like I will definitely be making the Saturday deadline with days to spare!!! I'm so excited to have this one almost finished and I can gift them all on Saturday to my friends. Works out perfect since we are having a slumber party...yes, you heard right...a slumber party on Saturday. Can you imagine 7 women between 45 and 55 having a slumber party? Should be fun tho...instead of talking about school and boys we'll be comparing our aches and pains! :rofl

Sounds like lots of fun!!! WTG on staying on schedule with the afghan.

Everyone's afghans looks amazing! They make me want to ignore the HUGE pile of laundry waiting to be folded and put away to crochet some.... :devil I think the baby has more clothes than my husband and I put together. And then we found MORE of her clothes that didn't get washed after we did a super super huge laundry trip. Goodness...

Speaking of her though, I definitely need to get her a baby afghan made up since she doesn't have one and she should be making her arrival soon! :eek

:cheerI'm putting the edging on my afghan and it looks like I will definitely be making the Saturday deadline with days to spare!!! I'm so excited to have this one almost finished and I can gift them all on Saturday to my friends. Works out perfect since we are having a slumber party...yes, you heard right...a slumber party on Saturday. Can you imagine 7 women between 45 and 55 having a slumber party? Should be fun tho...instead of talking about school and boys we'll be comparing our aches and pains! :rofl

That sounds like tons of fun!!! Sure wish I lived closer!!!

Hi all! Sorry I've been missing. I have been super sick since Friday. I'm finally feeling a little bit better. My body hurts from being in bed for three days. Other than that I'm on the mend.

I hope everyone had a great day. I hope to catch up with you all soon.

Hi all! Sorry I've been missing. I have been super sick since Friday. I'm finally feeling a little bit better. My body hurts from being in bed for three days. Other than that I'm on the mend.

:hug:hug Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well!! Glad you are starting to feel better!!

Keep feeling better :manyheart

:mug:cat:yarn

Glad you are starting to feel better.

It sounds fun regardless of the convo topic! :lol

That slumber party sounds like a blast!

Yesterday I worked a bit on my daughters afghan that I had set aside to work on Christmas things. Today I will work on a different daughter's afghan. I don't want either of them to think that I am showing favorites, lol. My 3 year old came up to me yesterday and insisted I make her a yellow one. I guess I have another one in my future, lol.

I worked a little on the baby afghan and should have it finished tonight!

Pam- That's great that you got a lot done on your granny square afghan!:cheer

Dee- I had to chuckle at your post. I have 3 (adult) DD's and I can remember all so well how you need to be fair!!! Because they will sure let you know!!:lol And yes, it does look like you have another (yellow) afghan in your future!:yes

You're willing to give up sunny and warm for cold, windy and snowy? :eek I'll make a deal with you Sue....you come here and I'll go there! I don't even care if I miss the slumber party! :lol

Can it be rescheduled for the summer? You can come here now...it's in the 70's and sunny today. :)

:turtle:vheart

I managed to do a lot of work yesterday on my Granny Square Afghan, on my day off. I'm amazed at how quickly granny squares work up!

:crocheting

I love making them, just never have had the patience to put them together.:lol

I'm going through the chart for the last time. Only 10 more rows to go and of course the edging. I can see the end. Today I am going to weave in the ends I have before continuing on. I have got to get started on some swap crocheting before I can move too much further on this project.

Good morning all! Truthfully Sue I would take Florida any time of the year...the hotter the better as far as I'm concerned! :sun

Nicole I sure hope you're feeling better. Was it the flu? Seems to be some nasty things going around. :sick

Plan on taking pictures this evening of the afghan. I finished it last night and I'm sooooo glad to be done with this little project I had! Hope everyone has a wonderful day today! :hug

I'd like to join...love making afghans and have a couple of smaller lapghans going for charity, one with homespun for ourselves (believe it!!!), one I am finishing up for my niece and I will have one done by this weekend ( if the yarn gets here by Fed_Ex on Wed) for oldest GDaughter! It is a very colorful yarn, Patons Melody and a speedy V-Stitch...will try to post pic a little later!!! Boy, I need this CAL :) :)

Everyone seems to be making such great progress :clap I'm on my 5th square of 20 for my sunflower afghan :D After sitting off to the side for about a year, I'm not doing to shabby so far :lol

Nicole - I hope you're feeling better :hug

Hi! I had alot of reading to catch up on!! It is good to see everyone's progress!!!

I finally finished the 24 inside squares of the Roses Remembered Afghan.

I am trying to learn how to do the outside rose squares (I am going to need 24 of those!! :eek)

I am seriously thinking of just putting rose squares only on the corners, they are really hard for me, I am not understanding what to do after I make the rose part. :(

here is what I am making :)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

Hi! I had alot of reading to catch up on!! It is good to see everyone's progress!!!

I am trying to learn how to do the outside rose squares (I am going to need 24 of those!! :eek)

I am seriously thinking of just putting rose squares only on the corners, they are really hard for me, I am not understanding what to do after I make the rose part. :(

That is beautiful and I think the roses in the corners would work just fine, filling in the edges with the same sqaures that are in the middle :think I'll look at the pattern and see if I can help you out.....

What round are you getting caught up at?

Thanks for your help!!! I am stuck on round 9, after I make the rose, I am doing something wrong, after I finish the instructions, I should be at the beginning of the square again?? and I am not??

I think I need to write the instructions step by step and follow them that way, I am getting lost :(

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'm not 100%, but I'm a lot better. I don't think it was the flu. It was some nasty stomach bug that's making its rounds. Half of the office has had it already. It sounds like the rest are getting it now.

Archived