Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer

Got all the squares done last night and started assembling the afghan.

Here is a picture of the completed squares.

[ATTACH]50076[/ATTACH]

:mug:cat:yarn

Very pretty combination of squares. Should make a stunning afghan. :cheer:cheer :cheer

I'm debating between this one, I have two unfinished afghans in my closet, and the Mystery CAL hosted by Bernat. Now if I start a new afghan with the mystery CAL, does that mean I have crochet ADD?:lol

[ATTACH]50076[/ATTACH]

Very pretty squares :manyheart I'm excited to see the finished product :bounce

I'm debating between this one, I have two unfinished afghans in my closet, and the Mystery CAL hosted by Bernat. Now if I start a new afghan with the mystery CAL, does that mean I have crochet ADD?:lol

:welcome to the club :rofl

[ATTACH]50076[/ATTACH]

Those are really pretty squares.

Good morning ladies:

Its a beautiful wionter day here in upstate NY. I'm enjoying the nice weather...

I wanted to say to the following ladies::::

Marisa Your Harley Davidson Ghan is breath taking..... I love it...

Abigail Your Jumbo Catherine Wheel Ghan is lovely i love the color combo you chose. I might have to try that ghan some day.

Tiffany Your granny stripe ghan is Stunning.... I love it...

Carrie I love the colors of your squares for you ghan I cant hardly wait to see it all assembled.

I would love to make more ghans but then i wouldnt know who to gift them too that would appreciate the time and love that go into them. I might make a few to have on hand for some one worthy of them...

Well ladies in a while i will post photo of the 30 rounds i completed on my rr i'm thinking of adding more rounds to it....

hugs

Lillibet

Hmm, if that constitutes crochet ADD, I don't know what I have, but I have a lot more WIPs than that!

[ATTACH]50076[/ATTACH]

Wow, that afghan is going to be soooo pretty, reminds me of icicles and snow. Where did you get the pattern?

:wavingI'm still here everyone even tho I haven't been on in a few days...life has been in the way. I love seeing everyones afghans. They are all so beautiful!

I'll try to take pictures of the one I'm working on but I'm not crazy about this one. I need to get it done by the 21st of this month and I just know that I won't be able to do that! :eek So if you don't hear from me for awhile again it's because I'll be buried in yarn trying to finish this afghan!

Ooooh. Count me in. I've finally found a pattern I like AND I like working on for my DH and I'll definitely need some motivation to finish this massive undertaking. I'm planning on making it large enough for him and me and the baby the snuggle under soooo lots of work ahead! It's going to be not quite 12 inch squares (didn't plan that out really well!) of moss stitch (one of my favorite) in a random color pattern using through the TONS of caron one pounds I have laying around. I'm kind of excited about it. Much more so than the last two I started and then hated a week later. I'll add a picture of one of the finished pieces in a little bit!

Good job everybody on your progress! I thought I had a lot more to go, but I may have enough squares by now. Time to put it all together and make sure it is long enough to cuddle under comfortably. So happy to be near the finishing line on this one, it was starting to feel tedious. :clap

post-41133-135897726073_thumb.jpg

I'm relatively new to this site (it's GREAT!) I have tried to look for this answer in the FAQ and "definitions" sections but can't find the answer.

Could someone please tell me what "CAL" stands for ??? I see it all over the boards here and it's driving me NUTS! Thanks everyone....

I'm relatively new to this site (it's GREAT!) I have tried to look for this answer in the FAQ and "definitions" sections but can't find the answer.

Could someone please tell me what "CAL" stands for ??? I see it all over the boards here and it's driving me NUTS! Thanks everyone....

It stands for Crochet A Long. There is a posting somewhere (help me out ladies) that explains what all the abbreviations stand for. Oh and Welcome too!!! :welcome

Good job everybody on your progress! I thought I had a lot more to go, but I may have enough squares by now. Time to put it all together and make sure it is long enough to cuddle under comfortably. So happy to be near the finishing line on this one, it was starting to feel tedious. :clap

What gorgeous blocks! They'll look great together. :cheer :cheer :cheer

I see kittylover beat me to it. CAL = Crochet Along & KAL = Knit Along

It stands for Crochet A Long. There is a posting somewhere (help me out ladies) that explains what all the abbreviations stand for. Oh and Welcome too!!! :welcome

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25727

That's the thread that has info about CAL's.

what a pretty color combination.

Your squares are beautiful! Love the colors, what kind of yarn is that?

My progress took a step backwards today. I had all my squares crochet into colums and 5 of 7 colums together last night. This morning I decided to work in some of the ends where the 4 corners meet and I really hated the look of them. :( I decided to take it all apart and rework how it was assembled. Well long story short it is now ready for the edging. :D Oh and if I say so myself it is really pretty :yes I may just have to make one for myself sometime in the future.

This morning I decided to work in some of the ends where the 4 corners meet and I really hated the look of them. :( I decided to take it all apart and rework how it was assembled. Well long story short it is now ready for the edging. :D

This happened to me on one I'm making, hated how the corners looked and taking it apart. What are you doing for an edging and how are you going to assemble?

Archived