Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Thanks for your help!!! I am stuck on round 9, after I make the rose, I am doing something wrong, after I finish the instructions, I should be at the beginning of the square again?? and I am not??

I think I need to write the instructions step by step and follow them that way, I am getting lost :(

OK, here's what I gather.....you should be at the beginning of the square again, but I think they failed to mention that you would have to repeat that portion between the stars and extra time. So you have 12 ch5 spaces that your working with. The instructions as written (without repeats) covers the 1st through the 6th. The portion that is starred for repeat covers the 4th through the 6th, so you'll repeat those three for the 7th through 9th spaces and then again for the 10th through 12th spaces to reach the begining of that round :think Does that help at all. If not I kind of broke it down already:

1st ch 5 sp = cluster, ch3, cluster, ch5, picot, ch2

2nd ch 5 sp = sc, ch7

3rd ch 5 sp = sc, ch5, picot, ch2

4th ch 5 sp = cluster, ch3, cluster, ch5, picot, ch2

5th ch 5 sp = sc, ch7

6th ch 5 sp = sc, ch5, picot, ch2

7th ch 5 sp = cluster, ch3, cluster, ch5, picot, ch2

8th ch 5 sp = sc, ch7

9th ch 5 sp = sc, ch5, picot, ch2

10th ch 5 sp = cluster, ch3, cluster, ch5, picot, ch2

11th ch 5 sp = sc, ch7

12th ch 5 sp = sc, ch5, picot, ch2

This is my understanding, I didn't actually try it though :lol But, if I had some yarn and hook here, probably would have :blush

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh! Thank You!!!!!!!!!! :hug

I didnt even think that the pattern could be wrong!!!! :blush

I was missing the extra "repeat"!!! I pulled it out I dont know how many times, I wasnt getting all the way back to the beginning corner. I thought I was missing something, then I kept looking different every time I did that step again! :thair

let me try this really quick! Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

Oh my gosh! Thank You!!!!!!!!!! :hug

I didnt even think that the pattern could be wrong!!!! :blush

I was missing the extra "repeat"!!! I pulled it out I dont know how many times, I wasnt getting all the way back to the beginning corner. I thought I was missing something, then I kept looking different every time I did that step again! :thair

let me try this really quick! Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

No sweat...that's the only way you'd get back to the beginning. Let me know how you make out :D

Thank you marpan79!!!!!!!!!!! it worked!!!!!!!!!! :cheer Yay!!

Thank you for your help! :hug

No problem, glad to help....I've gotten my fair share from the ville so I'm glad to be the one to help for a change :lol That's actually how I found the ville :hug

No problem, glad to help....I've gotten my fair share from the ville so I'm glad to be the one to help for a change :lol That's actually how I found the ville :hug

I found this place looking for help too! :D

I worked on this all weekend! :2spinand I finally had to put it away for a couple of days! now I am motivated to finish these squares! :cheer

Thanks again!! :manyheart

Hello! Well, I've pushed DH's afghan towards the back of the pile. I feel bad about doing so, but I justified it by pushing something for myself towards the back of the pile as well. Main focus is on the Twinkle Little Star afghan right now since I do have a close deadline for it, though I'm still getting some work done on the Catherine Wheel every day. Sue, hope your weather stays nice. My DH is in FL til Friday, though it's not much cooler here. 60s and sunny. Slightly humid out.

working on a jacob's ladders and a round afgan called purely delightful. i dont know what (cal) stands for but im working on 2 projects. hopefully i will be able to post them on cv

Crochet-ALong

I love making them, just never have had the patience to put them together.:lol

I'm ending each one with a LONG tail, so that hopefully it will be easier to sew them together at the end. I can't really easily sew as I go this time, as this pattern is a series of small, medium, and large squares. I'm going to have to lay the whole thing out when I'm done to figure out which ones to sew to which!

:c9

Hi! I had alot of reading to catch up on!! It is good to see everyone's progress!!!

I finally finished the 24 inside squares of the Roses Remembered Afghan.

I am trying to learn how to do the outside rose squares (I am going to need 24 of those!! :eek)

I am seriously thinking of just putting rose squares only on the corners, they are really hard for me, I am not understanding what to do after I make the rose part. :(

here is what I am making :)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roses-remembered-afghan

Beautiful pattern. Glad Marisa was able to help you out on the instructions. I hate it when they leave out a step and expect you to just be able to figure it out on your own.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'm not 100%, but I'm a lot better. I don't think it was the flu. It was some nasty stomach bug that's making its rounds. Half of the office has had it already. It sounds like the rest are getting it now.

Hope that bug stays way away from here.

I have just a few more rounds on my baby afghan. I always hate when I get near the end of a round afghan because it seems to take forever to get all the way around. I am making it from yarn leftover from other project,s and I plan to quit when the yarn runs out.

I am still working on that blue afghan. It is all sewed together, but working on that edge. Ran into a big knot in the middle skein of the yarn spent over an hour untangling, ended up having to cut and reattach yarn, just a mess so I put it away for tonight. Maybe I will go back at it tomorrow.

Texas sunflower- that pattern is so pretty! Marisa- WTG on helping her to figure it out!!!

I should be able to finish the baby blanket tonight- just have the border to do!! And then I'll wash it and give it to DD this weekend to give to her friend!!!

After that, I'm going to go back to a RR I had started with Charisma yarn.

I am still working on that blue afghan. It is all sewed together, but working on that edge. Ran into a big knot in the middle skein of the yarn spent over an hour untangling, ended up having to cut and reattach yarn, just a mess so I put it away for tonight. Maybe I will go back at it tomorrow.

That is so frustrating when you come across a huge knot in the middle of the yarn!!!!

Hi All, It's been a few days since I was here. Been busy trying to finish the RR baby afghan for my GS auction at school. Finished it last night!! Here's a picture of it. I did it in ILTY, double strands--one white, one soft pink (bought 3 skeins of each color, used almost all of it). For the final row, I did a reverse sc. It turned out beautiful. It's on a full size bed.

post-27829-135897727556_thumb.jpg

Hi All, It's been a few days since I was here. Been busy trying to finish the RR baby afghan for my GS auction at school. Finished it last night!! Here's a picture of it. I did it in ILTY, double strands--one white, one soft pink (bought 3 skeins of each color, used almost all of it). For the final row, I did a reverse sc. It turned out beautiful. It's on a full size bed.

So pretty!!!

I hope I can get back to some crocheting tomorrow. It feels like forever since I've touched a hook. :(

Thats really pretty.

Looks like I'm joining late, but I really need this CAL. I have planned to make both of my kiddos afghans for Christmas this year and if I don't get started now I won't get them done. Then, of course, I also have a couple of baby ghans to finish. Seems I never have the motivation to get them finished once I start. I just have too many other projects I want to start, too. Help!!!!!! Keep me on track!

Ooooh. I like it! I really love that color too. It's so pretty!

Gorgeous!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Sherry- The RR is beautiful and hope it raises tons of $ for your GS's fundraiser!!!!

Welcome Jill---I think we all have that same problem- "startitis" and need help with the "finishing" part!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Sherry, your RR is so pretty!

I've not had a chance to do any more work on the Simply Spiraled, but I am going to try to get to it some by the weekend. I need to work on a couple baby blankets as well...

Nicole, glad you're feeling better. Those stomach bugs are just awful!

Archived