Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Nicole - I find that I enjoy doing the graphs because it doesn't get monotonous.....and of course I like to break it up with some more instant gratification projects too :yes

I've also read the Twilight Series, but have not seen the latest movie :( Time just wasn't on my side :shrug Same with the latest Harry Potter :(

That's too bad! I saw Harry Potter a total of five times in the theater. :blush I told y'all I need a doctor! :lol I have it on DVD now. Goodness knows how many times I've seen it now. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 4th harry potter was the last movie I saw. I was trying to catch them on the abc family 24 days christmas, but the weekend they had the marathon i had to work :( I read the books, but i think when my dd moved she packed them and took em same with the movies i did buy.

and nicole i dont think you need a dr. im the same way :D

and now that i think of it i have some christmas cash and i need to return the 2nd season of true blood maybe i will buy the HP collection

I think the 4th harry potter was the last movie I saw. I was trying to catch them on the abc family 24 days christmas, but the weekend they had the marathon i had to work :( I read the books, but i think when my dd moved she packed them and took em same with the movies i did buy.

and nicole i dont think you need a dr. im the same way :D

and now that i think of it i have some christmas cash and i need to return the 2nd season of true blood maybe i will buy the HP collection

I just saw the last Harry Potter on DVD from the library. So behind the times.:lol

Ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL TWILIGHT BOOKS!!! Movies not so much, but the last one was great. If You haven't read them you should. All of them every last page of all 4 books. The best series I have ever read. I saw the first of the last HP movies but not the second. Was it really good. My sister and cousins said it was.

So I finally got to crochet last night. I finished yellow square #7 and done #8. Only have two more yellow squares to go. I will try to get pictures sometime. I start back to school on Tuesday so not sure when. I'll also try to have pics of my Big Granny Afghan.

We are making geat progress. Keep up the good work. :ghug

:hi

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days. I have been :crocheting my fingers away, but not on the afghan. :sigh I'm about to rip it as soon as I post this and start again. I think the only part giving me trouble is the increase rows and once I get those down pat it will be smooth sailing. It really is a beautiful pattern, and written so very well.

I've been reading the past few evenings myself, while DH plays the new Star Wars:The Old Republic. If anyone likes MMORPG's, you should definitely check it out. Anyways, I got around to reading one of the books by my favorite author Nora Roberts. This particular book had 2 small novellas in it and it's the MacGregor series, Serena & Caine. Very good read! Have read both since New Year's! :cheer

Finished 6 hats, the Mermaid photo prop, the Pea Pod photo prop, and the start of a penguin hat. I have a list a mile long to do, but I'm having so much fun! :hook

There definitely aren't enough hours in my days! LOL

Ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL TWILIGHT BOOKS!!! Movies not so much, but the last one was great. If You haven't read them you should. All of them every last page of all 4 books. The best series I have ever read. I saw the first of the last HP movies but not the second. Was it really good. My sister and cousins said it was.

So I finally got to crochet last night. I finished yellow square #7 and done #8. Only have two more yellow squares to go. I will try to get pictures sometime. I start back to school on Tuesday so not sure when. I'll also try to have pics of my Big Granny Afghan.

We are making geat progress. Keep up the good work. :ghug

Yes! The 8th HP movie was great! I personally liked all the books better but the movies were great too.

I also haven't been able to put a single stitch in my fiancee's blanket. :sigh Still busy making hats and scarves for friends and family before my trip and I only have 4 more days. I think I'll get it done. I only need 1 more hat and 2 scarves. The scarf I'm working on though is massive it seems :lol Hoping after my trip to put in some work on it though! :)

Where can I find info on this CAL? I have wanted to make a wool eater for a really long time :)

Here is the link to the wool eater cal http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/wool-eater-cal-2012/

:hi Waving to everybody else, hard to keep up with all the chatting :D

Be Back soon

René

Ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL TWILIGHT BOOKS!!! Movies not so much, but the last one was great. If You haven't read them you should. All of them every last page of all 4 books. The best series I have ever read. I:ghug

MY DD says the same, but I just couldn't get into them at all.

I :think *think* I'm getting the hang of this blanket. I hope so anyways! Looks a tad bit better than attempt #1 at least. That increase stripe still gets me tho.

post-18684-135897724551_thumb.jpg

I managed to get back to the same spot as before with it, in a relatively short amount of time. :wooI will work on it some more over the weekend, or perhaps grab some new yarn and work on some granny stripes and granny ripples. Those are some of my favorites. OOOHH another CAL!?! I have eyed that wool eater blanket for quite a while as well. HMMM, we shall see about that one later on perhaps.

I love Harry Potter movies, but haven't had a chance to read the books. I need to put that on my list of things to do as well. I end up loving books more than movies most of the time.

If the weather is nice here tomorrow as it has been the past couple of days, I might talk DH into going on a picnic or something to get some fresh air. Very rare to be having these 50 degree days in January for sure. Probably means that this summer is going to be miserable tho. :sigh I love summer, but humidity is horrendous around middle of July - middle of September.

I can hardly believe that the first week of 2012 is already came and went. At this rate tho, the way things are going I will achieve a LOT!

Ok enough rambling from me. Carry on ladies! :hook Hope you have a fabulous evening!

:lol I do know that about you. I've seen that book before. I might look into it for less than five bucks.

Did Cooper rat me out??? :lol

I've seen the Twilight movies, but haven't read a book (besides my Biology book) in a long time. :)

:turtle:vheart

I've been reading the past few evenings myself, while DH plays the new Star Wars:The Old Republic. If anyone likes MMORPG's, you should definitely check it out.

My oldest ds plays that and loves it. I would too, but you know there just aren't enough hours in the day ;)

Here is the link to the wool eater cal http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/wool-eater-cal-2012/

:hi Waving to everybody else, hard to keep up with all the chatting :D

Be Back soon

René

Thank you! :manyheart:hook

Pretty afghans!!!

I love Twilight and Harry Potter!!

I bought Auntie Tyler's Crochet Garden today. She wrote it specifically for the Kindle because she said most crochet books on Amazon are either not for the Kindle, or you can't get a good enough look at them from the sample to see if you like the patterns. She included the back cover in the first few pages so that it would come in the sample. There are some nice square patterns in there.

Pretty afghans!!!

QUOTE]

I love that afghan!! Such great colors and textures

Thanks!

This CAL is really NOT a great idea for me! I found myself starting a wool eater afghan tonight instead of working on the one I need to finish! You girls are a bad influence on me! :lol

I agree! I've already added a few to my queue. I want to start the Wool Eater Cal, too, but I'm already doing two others. I made one for my mom back in 2010, and it was pretty fun. I definately plan on making another.

I so want to o a Catherine's wheel and now a wool eaters AND a double strand green motif afghan.... At least this CAL will keep me busy! LOL

ive been thinking about this CAL all day..is there any room for another crochet ADD person LOL!

i have i think at least 10 afghans in various stages if doneness (is that a word?)

i need serious motivation gals! ive got 2 almost 90% done!

ive been thinking about this CAL all day..is there any room for another crochet ADD person LOL!

i have i think at least 10 afghans in various stages if doneness (is that a word?)

i need serious motivation gals! ive got 2 almost 90% done!

:hi and :welcome We'd love to have you. There is always room for new crocheters.

:hi and :welcome We'd love to have you. There is always room for new crocheters.

i even brought my own chair and coffee mug (travel....cant be spillling gunk on my stuff)

now may i ask has anybody here attempted a daisy square afghan or am i a glutton for punishment LOL

Archived