What's on Your hook, right now!

Hi, Currently I'm busy with my African flower afghan in all shades of blue, pink and purple. I've got 195 hexagons and 14 half hexagons this far and plan on making it bigger. I'm also busy with a multicolour 6 petal african square afghan. Just because I just learned today how to upload a photo onto Crochetville, here goes:

post-61734-135897772627_thumb.jpg

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad this thread was bumped up.

I don't understand why, but, I have been doing some deep cleaning around the house and it's not even Fall yet. So, crochet has been saved for evening time.

Among other projects on my hook(s), kept in small baskets here and there, are a pastel rainbow Round Ripple for a grt-grand due in February, a black and red Ripple afghan called Romance for a birthday gift for my oldest DD and a little owl purse for my grt-GD to be included in her "Hi- How Are You" package. And of course, I always have a basket of spa cloths and dish cloths on my hook to keep the stash supplied. Never know when some will be needed for a gift. :D

A pink cowgirl baby hat that I'm making for the fair

wow, how cute, take a pic when you complete it!

does this include stuff we haven't finished yet? I have 2 unfinished afghans and 2 with ends to weave in and I started a wooleater.

Yes sure, thats what it alls about lol!! You are way ambitious, a wooleater, wow, stunning, but tedious me thinks! Good luck!!

I'm working on my first Mile-a-Minute afghan. I'm really enjoying it.

Wow, I remember my first mile a minite, i wanted to rename it, Mile a year!!!!!!!! lol goodluck, post pic when finished!

I'm currently working on Bernat's "Sweet Baby Hoodie" for my 12 week old granddaughter.

Which can be found, here: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1390

Oh that is sweet, what color are you doing it in!!

Practicing stitches between projects. Mainly the Moss Stitch and variations. Also found a doily I had stashed and forgot about. It's my current take-along project. :D

I am knitting a easy shawl and am planning on crocheting a ruffled edging for it ; I have made a few shawls like this and they are really pretty and nice

I embroidery flowers out of yarn to go it to . hugs

I finally finished the easy ripple afghan that I've been working on for my mom. I'm working on a granny square sampler for myself, I started with various shades of blues, purples, greys and whites. It's getting pretty wild now with lots of variegated yarns in all different colors.

I am just finishing up "Afghan-Stitch Aran" from p. 58 of Herrschners Blue-Ribbon Afghans. I really, really, love the afghan designs in this book and have built my stash enough to supply ingredients for at least two more of them :hook

About 3/4 finished with a ripple done in white and shades of country blue following the Linus pattern. It nearly covers our queen size bed in width, will probably be a WIP for a while.

A big ami dinosaur, it should go quick once I sit down and see how to do the "magic adjustable ring." My toddler is still kind of scared of it anyway :lol

A headband in multicolored thread

I also have several needlepoint projects going

Hi, Currently I'm busy with my African flower afghan in all shades of blue, pink and purple. I've got 195 hexagons and 14 half hexagons this far and plan on making it bigger. I'm also busy with a multicolour 6 petal african square afghan. Just because I just learned today how to upload a photo onto Crochetville, here goes:

That's very pretty, with the dark background. African flower is a great stash buster. I've done one in shades of leftover pinks and roses and plan another in bits and pieces of neutrals. Right now still trying to use up yet more of the rose shades with a different floral motif.

Hi everybody! After finishing a baby blanket, I had so many new ideas in my head that needed to stop all of them :lol So now I'm making butterflies - all I had stashed are gone :) and I plan to make another basket of them in blue and yellow. It's quick and easy to carry project.:bee

Hello!!

I am crocheting a custom ordered granny square pillow case. You can check out my work in progress. I am calling the colour scheme a 'happy meadow' as the colour remind me of flowers standing in the wind in a fresh, spring meadow. Oh, how's that for me being poetic eh! ;-)

When I finish this blanket (and I think I don't have enough white to finish the back of the pillow cover, I will have to wait for my yarn order to come in) I have another granny square pillow lined up, in more vintage looking colours. Very warm and yummy.

I am just finishing up "Afghan-Stitch Aran" from p. 58 of Herrschners Blue-Ribbon Afghans. I really, really, love the afghan designs in this book and have built my stash enough to supply ingredients for at least two more of them :hook

About 3/4 finished with a ripple done in white and shades of country blue following the Linus pattern. It nearly covers our queen size bed in width, will probably be a WIP for a while.

A big ami dinosaur, it should go quick once I sit down and see how to do the "magic adjustable ring." My toddler is still kind of scared of it anyway :lol

A headband in multicolored thread

I also have several needlepoint projects going

I just mastered (and I use that term loosely) the magic adjustable ring. It was tricky at first but I did eventually figure it out.

• 11 months later...

Good Morning!

I know that this thread is kinda old & such but I would still like to put my 2 cents though. Currently I have a pretty detailed afghan on my hook at the moment. But I am also fixing to have about 3-4 more different on my hooks pretty soon as well.

I am currently working on a shawl. Very odd for me to only have one crochet project going at a time but for now, that's the only one. (There are several knit projects in the works too so it's not like this is the only crafty thing I have going. Just the only crochet one! I'm not going to have enough yarn though and I am wondering exactly what I want to do about it. I had wanted to buy more of the yarn I am using (Debbie Bliss Angel) however I bought it from a LYS that was going out of business, and they only had two left of the color I wanted. I got them both and hoped they might somehow be enough, knowing deep down I would need more. But I am thinking maybe a different dye lot won't be a bad thing. It could lend a nice look to the shawl once all is said and done. 

Archived