What's on Your hook, right now!

Since all my fair projects are done, I'm now making hats. I have two knitting hats going, and a crochet one. I try to make a lot of hats for donation. Oh, and I have a prayer shawl I'm working on. My hands sure like the exercise!

:manyheart

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably don"t have as much going on as some of you do (phew some lists made my head spin lol) But here is what I have going on...

-making squares for my polka dot afghan and joining into rows

-making squares for the friendship-ghan CAL

-creating as I go a Thomas the Train Pillow for my son (he is OBSESSED with Thomas)

-Using my afghan hook (had to dust it off it has been unused for so long) and making an extremely out of my league afghan from this cool wool I found that I will later be embroidering with this silk blend yarn I fell in love with

-planning on starting some more toys and smaller items I made patterns for to stock up and hopefully make some mullah off of.

-I recently found an old wip blanket that never got finished and I will hunt down the proper yarn for it so I can finally finish that

For now that is all. I do have the occasional item my kids ask for randomly. Like last night my daughter wanted a pencil bag to hang in her locker. So I whipped that out for her. (I need to get a picture of it, it is cute)

I probably don"t have as much going on as some of you do (phew some lists made my head spin lol) But here is what I have going on...

-making squares for my polka dot afghan and joining into rows

-making squares for the friendship-ghan CAL

-creating as I go a Thomas the Train Pillow for my son (he is OBSESSED with Thomas)

-Using my afghan hook (had to dust it off it has been unused for so long) and making an extremely out of my league afghan from this cool wool I found that I will later be embroidering with this silk blend yarn I fell in love with

-planning on starting some more toys and smaller items I made patterns for to stock up and hopefully make some mullah off of.

-I recently found an old wip blanket that never got finished and I will hunt down the proper yarn for it so I can finally finish that

For now that is all. I do have the occasional item my kids ask for randomly. Like last night my daughter wanted a pencil bag to hang in her locker. So I whipped that out for her. (I need to get a picture of it, it is cute)

that seems like a lot to me! wow!

Lots of christmas presents lol.

A simplified basket weave scarf for my mom

flower lapghans for my girls

a mohair afghan that's a personal project

basketweave lapghan for the evil smil

Baby blanket for a friend

I still need to figure out what to do for both nephews and nieces

On top of that im working hardnto destash my dresser so I have spare homespun to use up plus tons or leftover scraps to rid myself of so I can go shopping again.

• 2 months later...

Hi, revamping this old thread, lol what's everyone working on?? Here's a place to show us what's on your hook, in your basket, or a tote you're working on. Love to see some pics!

I have recently tried a free pattern on Ravelry, I love it, it's called Squaring the Big Circle, by Kate Jenks, and it's a lovely sqaure?? to work with. I have made several sizes, simply by adjusting a round or two, and here is what I came up with.

the first one is 12 inches, the light blue one, is more like a 10 inch. I am going to make more, and thanks to Kate for her deliciously delightful pattern!! they are going to make a lovely ghan!

post-40621-135897703131_thumb.jpg

post-40621-135897703137_thumb.jpg

I'm almost finished with a Cherokee themed Christmas stocking as part of an order from a friend.....I had to create the motif on it from pictures I found online searching Cherokee beadwork or artwork, as well as creating the cuff area that I wanted to do in the spike pattern to look like an Indian blanket...and so far, so good, it's all going along just as planned! :D Wish me luck attaching the cuff to the stocking, that will be my downfall if the stitches and length dont match up to the circumference of the stocking leg :S

I'm almost finished with a Cherokee themed Christmas stocking as part of an order from a friend.....I had to create the motif on it from pictures I found online searching Cherokee beadwork or artwork, as well as creating the cuff area that I wanted to do in the spike pattern to look like an Indian blanket...and so far, so good, it's all going along just as planned! :D Wish me luck attaching the cuff to the stocking, that will be my downfall if the stitches and length dont match up to the circumference of the stocking leg :S

If you have already accomplished ALL THAT, the cuff will be a snap! Love to see a pic when completed!!!!!! I bet it's spectacular!

I am now halfway through my grocery bag holder after ripping it all out and starting over. My order has finally arrived so tomorrow I will start on my friend's afghan, which will be a Christmas present. I have a bed runner and a scarf & hat waiting in the wings :). Just started this craft and already I have a line up of things to keep myself busy ;)

I am working on an afghan with the Detroit Lions logo and team name. It's difficult because I'm not awesome at tapestry crochet, and anytime I find information about it, they're always using thread, not yarn, which doesn't really help me. So I'm winging it and hopefully it turns out okay.

I am now halfway through my grocery bag holder after ripping it all out and starting over. My order has finally arrived so tomorrow I will start on my friend's afghan, which will be a Christmas present. I have a bed runner and a scarf & hat waiting in the wings :). Just started this craft and already I have a line up of things to keep myself busy ;)

See that's how it gets us, it sucks us in this crochet addiction!! Good luck on the afghan!

I am in midst of afghan (pictured) but ran out of aran yarn for now.

I cannot sit w/o crocheting aso started a pair of fingerless gloves for daughter for Christmas.:hook

ah the old don't know what to crochet but gotta be crocheting dilemma, Im there right now myself, lol Hope the fingerless gloves come out perfect for you!

I am working on an afghan with the Detroit Lions logo and team name. It's difficult because I'm not awesome at tapestry crochet, and anytime I find information about it, they're always using thread, not yarn, which doesn't really help me. So I'm winging it and hopefully it turns out okay.

Wow you are really the risk taker, lol I need to be more bold and branch out a bit, but Im stuck in my comfort ZONE! it's so cozy and warm there, he he he!

I am making a very very easy windowpane afghan in 3 subtle fall tones - cream, nutmeg and peach.

Was doing threadie projects but they are precise and need to wait until after the wedding we have in 2 weeks!

I NEEDED to have a mindless wip - it's not a "stashbuster" but a "STRESSbusster!!!!" :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just started this afternoon with :hook Noro yarn had some left after making the Boneyard Shawl.

I got in Apex North Carolina Down Town Knits its a fab shop came across it when i was over on holiday the start of Sept.

I will add to my blog later

Have been working on this and i think it's finally finished, ends and all! I added a couple more rows so it would fit a queen bed, which i did yesterday, and then crocheted them to the main part I had finished, and it worked well! Its pretty good size, and will be toasty warm, as most of the blocks are either single crocheted, or non holey, ha ha.... thanks for looking! I used sc to crochet the blocks together with, and found the same yarn I used to do the first part of it, so that worked out well. And i had the blocks already, as spares so it was really a two part work in progress with one part done if I needed it to be, lol

[attach]46493[/attach]

post-40621-135897703968_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello again! Here's a pic of what I was working on and finished, I think! I may do another row but for now, I think all i am gonna do, is edge it, i dunno, but here's a good part of it! Those squares, (and I slightly modified it a bit) were so fun to do! These are 12 inch, without the border of black, and so far it is five by six sqaures. Pondering weather to make it larger or leave it more lapghan size....

post-40621-135897713513_thumb.jpg

Right now I am still working on hats to donate currently trying my hand at Slouchy/Tam/Rasta Style hats I have found the patterns challenging as they were TOOO big at times they would fit over my steering wheel plan to use that pattern to make a nice steering wheel cover later :O) and yet during the process found the perfect pattern for regular hats as well :O0 double hat pattern so that works out well this is the most recent hat I have finished just love the bright colors....:O)

post-35509-135897713537_thumb.jpg

post-35509-13589771354_thumb.jpg

post-35509-135897713542_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

just visiting this thread again, such pretties! I have four entries in my 2012 crochet journal now, but I can't double post, so two afg. are under afghans, and baby hats and a rug are under children/baby and other crochet i think, I guess I have five entries, and one more wip to finish, then I will begin to create again! Whats keeping everyone busy these days now that the holidays are over?? Love to see your projects!

Archived