What's on Your hook, right now!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I am making another PowWow Shawl, maybe for myself, maybe for someone else, I don't know.  I have to see how much I love the colors when it's all done and beaded.  I am also working on a 3-section phone bag for my friend's daughter, who wants one bag to carry all THREE of her cell phones with her at once.  She supplied the yarn for it, she got it at a dollar store somewhere up in Houston.  It looks like nice yarn, I've never seen it before, it's not a name brand, but I like the colorway, it's a greys to white variegated.  Kind of reminds me of a black and white photograph.  So those are the two things I am actually working on.  Of course, there are countless other WIPS sitting around in various stages of un-done-ness, but those are a story for another day.

I finally finished up the knit hats and gloves my cousin's little girls requested this summer, and now I'm working on some crocheted scarves to go with them. The girls did not ask for scarves but I thought it'd be nice to give them full winter sets. Once those are done I intend to pick a project for myself. All the knitting and crocheting I've done for the past few months has been for other folks. I haven't a clue what I'd like to make for myself but it's time for something for me now for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find yarn at my dollar store anymore.  But it's just as well because the stuff they used to carry is impossible for me to work with (it was a very strange wispy yarn of several very thin threads).

I'm now working on a poncho.  I'm taking apart the skirt I was working on for it.  The skirt just wasn't working out lol.  I get lost counting so many sc stitches so just about everything I make is now chevron:  3 dc, 3dctog, 3dctog, 3dc, 3dc in one, 3dc in one etc etc  After I get the starter chain (14, 14, 14 hehehe) and the first row done, I can crochet on auto-pilot.

I'm using a variating yarn of Fall colors which I absolutely love.

After I finish the poncho, I'm going to make a hood for it and maybe a couple pockets and then I have to make a pouch purse for my mom.

busy lady zhaylin!! poncho sounds divine! I never knew dollar stores had yarn?? not around her anyway, cause I never have seen yarn in any of them......darn it....Big lots used to have yarn but it was the small little skeins of special yarns, that I don't work much with for my charity projects.......anyway.......got nothing on the hook right now, cleaned up my last project, and am a a loss for the next one! It will come to me, eventually..............good luck to all, and show us your poncho when it's completed!

It took me a while but I finally settled on a project to work on for myself. So now this pretty shawl is in the works. Goodness only knows when I will manage to finish it but so far I am happy with it. I remembered that I have a pattern I had been working on that I never did finish designing because I ran out of yarn and have yet to be able to buy more so I can finish the original piece and the design. I realized I have enough of this pretty sequined yarn to make a shawl though so got out my design notes and got started. 

My roomie got a kick out of watching me try to select a yarn and then a project to make though. I finally settled on this yarn but couldn't initially figure out what on earth to make with it. I set it out on my desk hoping if it were in sight an idea would pop into my head. More than once I'd comment that the yarn was torturing me and I was getting tired of looking at it. He's baffled as to why I buy yarn without a specific project in mind for it. He just does not get it... LOL

post-45165-0-49143700-1383538982_thumb.jpg

On my hook=Nothing yet...Going to be on my hook...A cat for a friend,a afghan for a great niece,minnie mouse....Plus hopefully something thanksgivingy and christmas ornies...

that looks great!

It took me a while but I finally settled on a project to work on for myself. So now this pretty shawl is in the works. Goodness only knows when I will manage to finish it but so far I am happy with it. I remembered that I have a pattern I had been working on that I never did finish designing because I ran out of yarn and have yet to be able to buy more so I can finish the original piece and the design. I realized I have enough of this pretty sequined yarn to make a shawl though so got out my design notes and got started. 

My roomie got a kick out of watching me try to select a yarn and then a project to make though. I finally settled on this yarn but couldn't initially figure out what on earth to make with it. I set it out on my desk hoping if it were in sight an idea would pop into my head. More than once I'd comment that the yarn was torturing me and I was getting tired of looking at it. He's baffled as to why I buy yarn without a specific project in mind for it. He just does not get it... LOL

Yeah, the yarn the dollar store used to carry was the small, specialty sort of stuff.

I hope the poncho turns out okay.  If not, I'll have yet another blanket  :lol  I looked at a lot of different pics and tried reading some patterns to at least get an idea of how big I wanted it.  The rippled edging might drive me a little crazy, so I may have to figure out how to make a straight edging around the area for my neck.  I still have 76 rows of sc (from the unraveling skirt) to get through before I worry too much about that  :P

Gingerbread Girl, awesome shawl!  I was literally JUST looking at a pattern for that!  It seemed easy enough so I might tackle it after my other projects.  Yours is beautiful and I love the color :)

• 2 weeks later...

My word.... 3 cell phones! How does one do that? I can hardly keep up with one!  :lol 

I know!  I agree!  LOL!  I believe one is her personal phone, one is the phone her employer gave her to use for work, and the third is simply for playing the game Candy Crush because she can't get the app to run on either one of her other phones.  Can we say obsessed?  LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently: my Mom's Christmas present, a scarf for my cousin's Christmas present and a scarf for me (the one for me in on hiatus until I finish up Christmas presents, plus while the pattern is gorgeous, it is really, really boring to crochet and one part of the stitch make my thumb hurt).  My Mom's present will be taking a short hiatus as soon as I finish the ball of yarn I'm on, halfway done and getting a bit bored with the pattern, I need a brain break!

Coming up on my hooks: finishing up presents for Canadian friends (one hat for sure and I'm trying to decide if I want to make a hat or cowl for the other person), making my Dad a hat, making a hat/scarf for a dear friend and making Christmas tree ornaments for the rest of my family.  :chook

such busy people, course now, people are probably working on or finishing gifts for the holidays, huh!! I am currently making a galliant effort to finsih up some scrap balls of yarn, and make them into something they can be proud of, sooooooo, back to work!

oh yes, I did finish up 10 sashay scarves for friends, and a couple orders filled, so that is a biggie for me, although beautiful, they are a bit tedious! lol    anything worth it's worth, seems to be a bit tedious!

Right now, I have a flurry of snowflakes in sparkly white yarn flying on and off of my hook...they are ornaments for my students.  I only have to make...130!!  I have a Gryffindor scarf for my daughter on my knitting needles because a crochet one wasn't authentic enough for her!  Next up, another Gryffindor scarf for the hubby and Hufflepuff scarf for one of my students (both are going to be crocheted), a scarf for a friend in MA, some yarnaments, and then...I'm going to be selfish and crochet for me.  :)

• 3 months later...

I'm still plugging along on the sampler squares (in 3 greys  and 3 square patterns)I put away in December and picked up again end of January. We're right in the middle of remodeling the flooring and had to put all my crochet "stuff" away to protect from dust. Boy what  a lot of dust from ripping up a tile floor! Not to mention all the furniture out of the house and in the garage.

I've worked a couple of times on the Tunisian squares this week. I have 8 more squares to make then I can assemble the afghan and add a border. Not sure what I'm going to do with it- maybe the youngest daughter. I will be so very happy when this project is completed so I can get back to some serious crochet and painting. Well, and getting the house back in order too. :yes 

those projects sound delightful, and time consuming, lol....I am taking a little break at the moment, as I just finished up and delivered 6 baby ghans to a project linus drop box here close to me,,,,,,,whew,,,,,,,so, im out and about, checking out new things to make, or do!

• 2 months later...

lovely eye candy ladies!! I took a break, and have since made a lot of stuff, I posted it, and now am working on some varigated yarn balls, and what to make with them, lol I decided on grannys, ha ha, surprise surprise, and have made about 3o or so now, and edging them as we speak in buff fleck. It  will be either for a neighbor, or a nursing home, haven't decided yet...here's a pic of some of the squares before edging.....

post-40621-0-25354000-1403300665_thumb.jpg

it's sort of a manly colored one, and the buff fleck im edging with, sure brightens it up immensly!! Ill get those pics on here soon as I get done with the edging......

post-40621-0-34455800-1403300559_thumb.jpg  and this is it done, a pretty throw, the buff just made it right, don't you think!!!

Currently working on Annie's Lace Throw in soft aqua. I forgot I had the kit until our recent remodeling. 

Last night I finished the square in the middle but only after frogging the last row due to my error.

Hope it blocks well. I haven't decided if I like the yarn with the kit or not. We shall see. I do like the pattern though.

I finally finished the grey and white sampler afghan I wrote about in post #18. It's finally finished as of 3 days ago. If I ever get it blocked, I will post it.

• 1 month later...

hi all,

worked on a few scarves for my annual donation to the women's shelter here locally, you can see them under asscessories, scarves.

Other than that,l trying now to use up some scrap balls and tidbits of cotton yarn, so that is my current challeng, lol I think Ive got an idea, we will see we will see........What are all of you up to lately???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm a little new.... But I just finished a shawl for my aunt still needs tassels, working on a duffel bag for myself, then I will be working on shawls for my bridesmaids I'm going to be busy but thinking about doing hairpin lace so it won't be to bad.

Archived