What's on Your hook, right now!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holly afghan is so pretty. What pattern did you use?

It's a corner to corner. I'd been wanting to try the C2C, and figure that was a good excuse! :) There are lots of good videos on youtube, and once I got the basic feel for it, it went pretty quickly.

Nice blanket. I love the c2c stitch. I've been using it quite a bit lately. Makes great dishcloths too. ;)  

That doggy is adorable. Katie, it is easier than you think. You can do it. 

Got the towel sets done, have all but the last of the motifs for the dog finished. Had an order for a hooded cowl so it's finished except I have to run and get some wooden buttons and sew on the bear ears. 

Dec 1!!  :eek  :eek  :eek

Maybe hats and scarves are in order for your local temperatures right now. They are easy and quick. Check out Lion Brand's website and Red Heart's too. There are many patterns there free to choose from.

I been trying to think of some thing to make. That is easy to make. Until I get use to crocheting again. Then I will try knitting.

Besides working on the afghan as mentioned previously in this thread, I started a crocheted angel for my tree topper.  The pattern is from an older book and I can't believe the written instructions are so sketchy.  I can figure it out because I have crocheted for so many years, but sometimes instructions like these can be a challenge!  When I finish and get it starched, IF I can post a picture, I will.  Been making more snowflakes too.  Always something on the hook.

• 1 month later...

hello, and the old year is out and the new one in, so what is keeping your hooks busy lately??

I have a pic to share of what is keeping my attention for a bit, so without further ado, here it be.... started out with some granny's yoyos, and from there, well, see the pics, im not done with the thrid rows on all of them yet, but getting there! the yellow trimmed ones, and about 5 inches, and they are stacked, 3 high, more to do though!! Might make a cute baby ghan, or keep adding to it, as i get more scraps used up with yo yos, lol I must have tried 9 colors, before I decided on the yellow, sheesh, took me a whole day to figure that out, lol but the yellow just makes it, for me anyway, perfect.....enjoy!   this is a ghan now, and you can see it in the baby and todlers show and tell thread!!

post-40621-0-67662600-1421108953_thumb.jpg

thanks for the link br33zy, and the compliments as well. Mary Jo, i love those birds, they are so cute, lol I have this wrought iron birdcage thing, that for right now, holds flowers, lol, but often thought, some of the little birds would look so cute in it,I may have to try them one day, do you use 4 ply ww, or threads?? thanks again!

thanks for the link br33zy, and the compliments as well. Mary Jo, i love those birds, they are so cute, lol I have this wrought iron birdcage thing, that for right now, holds flowers, lol, but often thought, some of the little birds would look so cute in it,I may have to try them one day, do you use 4 ply ww, or threads?? thanks again!

Actually they use sports weight yarn.  When I finish a set, I will post a picture.

just cleaning up some smallish balls of yarn, as you can see, they went pretty far, and upped my plus side for stashbusting too, yay!!

post-40621-0-08255100-1421710587_thumb.jpg   assorted grannys in varying sizes!! 12 smallish balls no more,lol

and just when you think the balls are gone, huh, lol i think they multply in the dark!

Archived