What's on Your hook, right now!

Crocheting a customers order for 5 crochet lamp shades in raw linen which I really I'm not enjoying.

Also knitting another one of these cushions it's a design I created about 5months ago.  IMGP1697_zps32c0915b.jpg

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh such pretty eye candy! You all have been so busy, and the projects are sooo pretty too...

Im doing a baby ghan at the moment, made from two strands of baby yarn held together, in squares of about 6 inches.

I have several squares made, and now have added to these shown, and trimmed them in white to put in rows. Don't know how big yet, I guess I will decide that when I tire of making them, lol This ghan is slated for donation this fall, along with a couple others I have made recently.

post-40621-0-55563400-1375385433_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Your witch should turn out cute. Can't wait to see it finished.

I've two active projects going right now; Sunshine Baby Dress from Crochet Today- May/June 2010 issue. It's going well. I had a problem on Row 7, but, got it figured out. Yay!

Also, I am de-stashing more yarn, trying to empty out the "purple" bucket. I'm crocheting the Lion Brand Little Boy Blue Blanket but I am going to make it a adult throw size, hoping to use up as much purple as possible. When I started the blanket, there were not any corrections but, I see now there are. I winged it and got through by trial and error. I'm pleased so far with the results. I'm not sure yet who will be gifted the blanket or it just may go into the closest for a future gift.

I just started this witch for Halloween

:jack  :skeleton  :jack

I have this sweater started but my daughter wants an arican flower hippo so which do I do first?  

sweater

post-10430-0-06743300-1376255770_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice projects!

I really love the sunshine dress!!

I'm working on three things:

Socks... which I can't continue until I figure out the heel

A fanny pack... because I just learned foundation chains which sparked an idea :D

And a Blanket (which is my "baby" lol)

post-68080-0-23422800-1377381813_thumb.jpg

post-68080-0-34462100-1377381822_thumb.jpg

post-68080-0-20050200-1377381831_thumb.jpg

post-68080-0-70329600-1377381839_thumb.jpg

well ; on one hook with sock yarn ; I have to finish making a pair of socks

on another; I am crocheting size 10 cotton squares for a bedspread;

white and ecru colors; and may embroidery a rose for the middle of the squares;
i have  big plans ; oh ; and in the process of finishing a ripple stitch afghan; how could i forget that one??? :lol:heart:knit:sew:crocheting

Thanks Katy :)

Sounds great PinkRoses!  And pretty :)

I've given up on my skirt for now.  I just don't like the joining of rounds.  Maybe an infinity shape would be better.

My fanny pack turned into a hand-less basket lol (but a very nice one :) )

So, for now, I have a hook in the blanket which I'm determined to get out of the way.  It's been my primary project.  Will take 4 more skeins to finish (because I doubled the yarn)

On another hook, I have a different sock. One you make flat

On another hook, I'm just playing around when I need a break.  I have an old arthritis braclet band.  I've been crocheting around it, seeing where it goes- no real plan so far lol.

humm nice eye candy!! me, on the hook, nothing at the moment, sort of just dillying around with a pattern that came to me, for a new granny square, lol If it works out as it should, I may submit for publication, lol, some where down the line, perhaps????  

Currently, another multi-purple  :eek  afghan with each row a different stitch. I didn't realize how much purple yarn there is around here until I started looking in all stash places. 

Also, a dark-red, tan and black Corner To Corner throw for my oldest daughter's birthday on Sept 27. It matches it to a large area rug  in her living room. I didn't think the colors would coordinate together well but was surprised they do. Too, I hope to get another afghan finished for another daughter's birthday gift this month. A double strand and P hook project so, it should go fast.

And, I always have the ongoing potholders and dishcloths on the hook for my "Kitchen- gifts" stash. Where would I be without my crochet? Ha!

Nothing. If you can believe that. My focus is currently on some knitted hats and gloves I promised my cousin's little girls I'd make for them when I was visiting with them this summer. Cold weather is going to be here in a blink so I'm trying to get those taken care of so I can mail them and then I'll start figuring out my next crochet project. I do have a crocheted shawl that's "hibernating" till I can get my hands on some more yarn for it. But I have no idea when that will be.

Lacy scarf

Thread tablecloth

Blanket

Several squares

And I've just ordered some Cashmere/Merino/silk yarn from yarn paradise. Don't know what I shall make with it yet, but it was on special and several dollars a ball cheaper than from one of their resellers on EBay.

Hee hee hee! Last night I added to my WIP's a Tunisian Honeycomb-stitch scarf in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. Middle daughter is a BSN at our local hospital and every year I make her and her nursing buddies something for the event. Last year was hats and even the male nurses go for them. they don't care that they are pink!

Currently, another multi-purple  :eek  afghan with each row a different stitch. I didn't realize how much purple yarn there is around here until I started looking in all stash places. 

Also, a dark-red, tan and black Corner To Corner throw for my oldest daughter's birthday on Sept 27. It matches it to a large area rug  in her living room. I didn't think the colors would coordinate together well but was surprised they do. Too, I hope to get another afghan finished for another daughter's birthday gift this month. A double strand and P hook project so, it should go fast.

And, I always have the ongoing potholders and dishcloths on the hook for my "Kitchen- gifts" stash. Where would I be without my crochet? Ha!

GingerbreadGirl, no cheating.  Knitting counts  :lol

I need to learn how to do smaller things. Maybe motifs :)

But for now, I am taking a break.  I FINALLY finished my afghan.  It ended up 40 inches wide and 62 inches long.  *whew*  I would have preferred it a bit longer, but I ran out of my colors.

Oh well.  It's perfect the way it is lol

I need to learn how to do smaller things. Maybe motifs :)

But for now, I am taking a break.  I FINALLY finished my afghan.  It ended up 40 inches wide and 62 inches long.  *whew*  I would have preferred it a bit longer, but I ran out of my colors.

Oh well.  It's perfect the way it is lol

wow you go girl, congratz on finishing your afghan!! Show us a pic, pwetty pwease!!

Maybe if I'd actually start those knit projects they would count. lol I did make an attempt to start one of the hats tonight but I got the first round done and realized I'd somehow cast on the wrong number of stitches. :oops  Ripped it out to start over and then did not actually start over. I'll try again tomorrow.

Pics are toward the top of this page.  It's basically unchanged from those... just a bit longer.

I have a bad back and sleep on a metal desk of all things (which after an initial couple weeks of sore thighs has become a life saver).  The blanket fits wonderfully but some extra width would have kept it in place better (could tuck a side between the desk and the wall).  Maybe I'll fix that with the next project  :heehee

The desk is a wee bit short for me, so my feet dangle.  I've been thinking about crocheting something.. maybe a sort of softened bumper because the edge is very uncomfortable if I stretch out in my sleep.

So many, many projects I could do :)

Gingerbread, I HATE when that happens.  What I hate more though is deciding to undo a project and then having crinkly yarn because of waiting too long to undo it  :bang

• 4 weeks later...

1.Half of a crocodile scale scarf

2.3/4 baby granny square blanket in bernat baby super chunky( I need to buy another skein to finish)

3. 3 rows of a Tunisian  washcloth

4.Kalidoscope afghan for the crochet crowd challenge( for my 7 yr. old daughter.)

I really need to get hooking:)

Glad I'm not alone on multiple projects.  A sweater 3/4 done, a bolero just needs to be seamed, a fashion doll dress almost done, a hippo just started, a hat, a shawl 3/4 done, and some others hiding  in the craft room mess. 

Hi ya all.

Im thinking of working more on some 12 inch squares, as I found a partially competed lap ghan at the bottom of a bin in my craft closet!! Soooooo, will work on some of those maybe to finish that one, or do a new one, I have two I have got to have done anyways by dec, to pass out to a couple neighbors thanking them for all the Handyman Dan work they threw his way this past summer (big jobs) , but other than that, might work on a couple more sashay scarves, got one to make in pinks, but then Im clear!

Archived