Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Suzanne wow you are amazing at getting these squares done. :clap

Tabby settle down and stop drooling over Richard Gere you will make your ghan all wet.:lol

Summer is nearing an end although they say its going to be very hot by friday again.... ugh.. I have had enough of summer bring on Autumn please.

I think you all over there call it Fall dont you.

Going to mums today I will see how many squares I can do there. I pickup my grandma and she also spends the day with us. We do this every sunday, one week at my place the next at my mums place. I cherish the time I can spend with mum and dad and my grandma. My grandma loves to weave in the ends for me. Every week she asks if I have any work for her to do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the compliments. :manyheart

Wendy ~ How wonderful that you're able to spend time with your mom, dad and grandma! :) It sounds like you've had the heat and drought we had the last two summers. Hopefully, this year won't be as bad, but I never look forward to Texas summers.:no

Wendy - you are FUNNY !!!

Wait til Tabby reads your comment . Tab- stick your tongue back in your mouth -- it's hanging out like a dog's that needs a drink of water . :lol

Wendy- you are so lucky to still have your grandma -- and she even likes to weave in your ends !

If she likes to do that, could we all send boxloads of our squares over there for her to weave ours in too ?:D

Mary~Your ghan is gorgeous, I love the colors. Very pretty. :clap

Progress Report~I was able to get a whole block done & all ends weaved in. All I have to do is sc them together & attach it to the ghan. Almost done. :elle See all that talk of hunks really did help put a fire under my rear. :fire:ha I even came across a show that had some hunky model men on it which is usually NOT my cup of tea but hubba, hubba. I even sat through the whole episode. :yes :dreaming :bheart :drool

:angel:rofl Whatever helps, right? :hook:yarn

Mary

That is very pretty.

See...i told you ladies you could get allot done if you watch hunks...hot and bothered just makes my hook fly faster...even if you get wet its still worth it in the long run because you end up with more squares...now we know why allot of you ladies wash them when you are done :rofl

Hi everyone, I had a great day at mums. My grandma weaved in heaps of ends on my casablanca which was great. I did heaps of squares for my rail fence.

I single crocheted the squares together on my rail fence with just one color and thought it looked ok but really I dont like it. The trouble is to keep changing all the time is very annoying as well, so I decided to pull it apart and start putting it together by whipstitching them. I did the same with my amish, I have whipstitched the squares. hopefully I will be able to show you one block of the amish this week.

Hi, Wendy - sc the squares together is quick, but, like you, I find that when I use one color I wasn't crazy about how it showed through. Whipstitching holds the squares together more tightly - for me, anyway, and you don't see much of the joining color.

A gran who loves to weave in your ends...oh my!:yay

Good Morning! :flower The sun is out and it's a beautiful morning. After the 60 mph winds and dust storm all day yesterday, there are some roofs and fences "missing" in the area.:(

I got one half of another block made yesterday! Wendy, I agree with Judi...whipstitching seems to work better for me and the backs of the blocks look pretty good.

Good morning ladies :D

First of all, sorry if any of y'all were trying to get to the site yesterday and it wouldn't come up. We were out of town. We actually host our own server here. We don't use an ISP we are the ISP...life with a computer geek :D Well, the server got turned off. We're not real sure how it happened but we think the cat, who just loves walking behind things :reyes, stepped on the switch. Sorry for any problems that caused :blush

Mary - Oh dear weren't those stupid winds horrible for the last 2 days? My eyes are just full of grit and grime now not to mention my hair :angry Glad it seems to have quieted down :yes

Well, gonna wash my hair then get back to the hook :hook

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tabby just send your squares over and I will get my grandma to weave in those ends. My grandma did so much weaving of ends on my casa it was unbelievable. Next sunday when mum brings her to my place she is going to do more for me.

Well last night I did 3 rows of the amish and whipstitched the squares together. It certainly looks better. I am weaving in the ends of the squares before i put them together. I have a sore thumb now from using the needle.

I am continuing with sc my casa together seeing as Im so far with it already but Im changing the color thread so it matches, mainly when there is white on white.

Well gotta get the girls ready for school and I have to go to work. I will take my yarn to work to do some squares on the rail fence in my lunch hour.

Here goes! Hopefully Ms. Techie ;) can get a picture posted the right way this time! The blocks aren't sewn together yet.

th_BabyBlocks002-1.jpg Clickable

This is a beautiful pattern - so much like a quilt. I'm not all familir with the quilt-ghans.

Love learning about them.

Hi Ladies. :) DH and I have been out enjoying a really pretty day and I'm going to work on more squares this evening.

Habetlerm ~ Thank you! Join us anytime...we really have fun. A lot of the info is on Julie's first post that started this addiction with the crocheted quilts!

Wendy ~ You are getting so much done. :yay

Misa ~ Aren't cats helpful? I would get more done if I didn't have to put everything out of Zoe's reach even if it's only for a minute!:cat:devil :cat

Hey, Mary...has Zoe washed any more of your squares in her water bowl lately?

I'm edging the first preemie blanket I made (wasn't able to get more done today - laundry and ironing got in the way:lol ). It's a pattern Linda T steered me to and I love it. I'll post a pic of it soon, though since it's yellow I'm not sure how well it'll show up. Now I'm itching to get to the pile of squares Eva and Michele sent me :hug for the charity ghan to see what design I can come up with!:hook

Judi ~ No, Zoe hasn't washed more squares...only because I put everything in my project bag (and zip it ) just to go across the room! ;) We had a cat for 22 years who never bothered anything and then we rescued Zoe 3 years ago...:eek We also have Maggie, a cocker spaniel.

Can't wait to see pictures!

i'm 16 squares into my 2nd block for the light sage, dark sage, lavender Woven Blocks and 5 rows into my Black, Corn meal and Aran Cassablanca AND! 2 blocks into my Claret, Brown and white woven blocks Phew pics soon i hope !

Hi Everyone! I am still looking for the perfect pattern (I've found a couple, now just have to decide...) and I came across this one. I think it would be GORGEOUS done in scraps. This one is written to be done with material, but it would be easy enough to adapt to crochet. What do you think?

Victoria

http://www.quilterscache.com/L/LouisianaBlock_Page2.html

I have it! :) I've decided to do this one:

http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HayesCornerBlock_Page2.html

I know the pattern is made to be a quilt, but I think it would work in navy (as the burgandy color), gold, and white.

Wahoo! It seems like it takes me as long to come up with color patterns and the afghan pattern, than it does to make the thing! :)

Victoria

Archived