Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Good morning, everyone. Wow, has this site ever been busy since I last checked in last night!

Victoria - Sucking up the charger with the vacuum cleaner sounds like something that I would do. :devil I know that I've sucked up odd bits of yarn on occasion, socks, the ends of curtains, small toys, etc. over the years.

And you've got a crawler in the house now. Wow! Things are really going to get busy around your house now. When they can crawl, they get into soooo much more, soooo quickly. Be very careful of stairs, if you have them. I remember when our son learned to crawl. One day I heard him crying and he had crawled alll the way to the top of a flight of stairs and didn't know how to get down. :eekThank goodness, he didn't fall down them. He'd never shown any interest in them before going all the way up them.

Wendy - Oh, my gosh! That is beautiful! :cheer Your mom is going to be so pleased with it.

Athba - Congratulations! Yarn buying is such fun!:D

Rachel - Welcome, welcome, welcome! :welcome Glad to have you in the group. Your grandma's flower garden is beautiful! So is your grandma.

Cara - Hope that you feel better today. Take care of yourself and your hands. We couldn't do without our guiding light and inspiration.:manyheart

Renee - Come on in, the water's fine. You know that you want to join us. Weaving in the ends is not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. And the squares crochet so quickly that even though you need a lot of them, it isn't as bad as it seems. Just don't count how many you need. Take it a row or block at a time and it just goes together. :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda--

do you have a picture of your completed block? Your colorway might inspire me! I'm thinking about Blackfords Beauty and haven't picked colors yet. I was disappointed with the colors I saw on Joanns.com in simply soft so i figure I'll just wait and see what inspires me in store... but earth tones does have my interest piqued.

Afternoon Ladies

Boy did i sleep late but it sure did help this head cold...I HATE BEING SICK....

Windy

I love the colors you chose....i bet she will love it.

Cara

I hope you feel better and get lots done.

Vickie

Welcome to the club...we only bite a little.Love you're Flower Garden.

Abtha

So glad you were able to get you're yarn ordered...i just love shopping for yarn.

I haven't gotten to much done...been working on my PS this week...want to get that sucker done and out of the way.

Have a great day ladies.

Rachel, check out page 82 of this CAL for a picture of my half completed block and most of the squares for the other half of it. :) I have about a dozen bi-color squares to do yet. But it may be a while before I get to them. I have a crib afghan to get done that is taking top priority at the moment, as Kim's cousin is expecting a little girl, her first, in just about a month.:manyheart

Linda--what's the post #? I've set up my view for 20 a page so I'm only on page 47!

(ETA:) Nevermind, I found it. I like those colors a lot. I'm really thinking about using browns...provided I can find enough of the right ones in the store!

Hey there Rachel, long time, no see ! It's great to see some old friends again . Your flower garden is beautiful and we'd love to have you along with this one as well. If you have 2 grandmas and need an afghan, what better place to be than HERE working with us ?

Hello everyone else -- lots of posts since this morning so I won't be able to comment to all .

Athba-- got you, I'll go in and add your colors now . :)

Hey there Tabby-O , ole buddy . How's Calamity doing today ? Still shooting straight ?

* Which reminds me... one day I was in the library and saw a (Mystery ? )book with the funniest title - Something like this anyhow ------

I still miss my husband ,but my aim is getting better . :lol

Morning everyone

Athba Im glad you have your yarns ordered. Bet you cant wait to start your casa.

Rachel welcome to the happy house. Goodluck with the Blackford beauty. The colors TBD what are they.

Cara I hope your feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone, the colors I selected look good I was a bit worried with the yellow as the background. Its mums favorite color and I hope she likes it. Her birthday is not till august so I have plenty of time.

Its the last day of Summer here then we get Autumn and we are so happy about that. I am so looking forward to the cooler weather and one more month and daylight saving ends as well.

:welcome Rachel!

Julie~I'm doing okay, just a bit moody. :devil You are too funny. She sounds like my kinda woman. :rofl Did ya have time to relax a bit today?

Athba~Congrats on ordering your yarn. :yarn I hope you get it soon. :gotmail

I have to admit that i'm a bit disappointed in myself because my ghan should already be done. I have been so moody :grump :irk:yell as I stated above. When I do sit down I sit in front of that dang X-Box 360 that I complained about my Hubby being on. :worried:shrug It seems that putting colored hexagons into groups is kinda fun. Who woulda thunk it? :scrachin:haha

That's ok, Tab

We all get that way sometimes. In fact, I wouldn't call me MOODY, I'd call me a VOLCANO .

Look out, there she blows !!!!!

I have an idea-- if you like putting colored hexagons together on your video game, maybe you could make an afghan and put colored hexagons together ??? :lol

Just joking, you take as long as you want to get your afghan finished-- no deadlines here, or I'd be in the slammer myself .:D

Just joking, you take as long as you want to get your afghan finished-- no deadlines here, or I'd be in the slammer myself .:D

Good morning, Julie...from another early bird....:manyheart

My charity ghans are taking over my house because of everyone's generosity, so I'm not making any progress on most of my CAL's either. Though I am determined to finish my BS CAL soon...it's the easiest - and also helps put a hole in my stash!

I'll be lurking:lurk while I do my ghans...

That's ok, Tab

We all get that way sometimes. In fact, I wouldn't call me MOODY, I'd call me a VOLCANO .

Look out, there she blows !!!!!

I have an idea-- if you like putting colored hexagons together on your video game, maybe you could make an afghan and put colored hexagons together ??? :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Good Morning!

Today is a glorious day. :yes I have to get the kiddies off to school & then I have nothing, did ya hear that? NOTHING to do & no where to head off to. :cheer I can sit, relax & crochet the day away. :clap I just hope the hexagons don't pull me in, they are sooooooo evil. :devil:yes:lol

See Julie, I need you in here giving me a hard time because it makes me work faster. So ultimately it's your fault i'm not getting anything done. Do ya like that excuse?? :devil:rofl;):P

Ya know I love ya, right?? :manyheart:hug

Morning ladies. As much as I hate to, I've decided to bust the stash and use some left over yarn for this project. So the colors for Grandma H's blanket look remarkably similar to the blanket I made for my other Grandma (Grandma D). I will be using caron simply soft in bone, dark country blue, country blue, and grey. I'm looking forward to starting this pattern at lunch today!

On a side note: Grandma D entered the hospital last night for an emergency catheterization. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

Happy Wednesday! :)

Tabby ~ You sound much happier this morning...enjoy your day. :manyheart

Rachael ~ Your colors sound great. I know it's hard for me to use yarn from my stash sometimes - I'd rather buy more! I hope your Grandma is okay...let us know how she is doing. :hug

Good morning, everyone. The sun is shining and the weather is warmer and the birds are singing. I've been in a moody :grump , wacky :loco mood lately, too. Maybe it's something in the air. Do you think? I've got 6 pink squares and 4 burgundy squares crocheted for the cribghan. This may not take as long as I thought it would. The chenille yarn is going to make it soooooo soft. I'm getting excited about it, instead of overwhelmed.:)

Rachel - Your colors sound lovely. Hope your grandma gets better very quickly.

Tabby - :spin Squares,:spin squares,:spin squares.:spin

Linda--you cribghan sounds so pretty--and soft!!

Mary-no bother about my name. There are still people in my family who can't seem to get it straight! Stash busting is no fun, but it's definitely lighter on the bank account. Especially since the colors I picked out would have cost me 45$ + with shipping. Ah well.

Good Afternoon! :D

Wendy~Too funny! No hexes today, i've been good. :angel

Rachel~I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, I hope she feels better soon. :manyheart

Mary~Thank you, I am. The Hubby had to work today, nice & peaceful. :yes:haha

Linda~I think it worked because I finished another whole block & attached it. :dance I can't wait to see your crib-ghan, it sounds beautiful & soft. :c9

I'm off to crochet some more. :hook:yarn Have a good afternoon. :)

Archived