Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

408400555_fb2e64de2a_o.jpg

I've got almost all the pink squares done for the first row of 4 blocks.

I'm a little disgusted at my slowness on this project but am hoping to make up some lost time.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky, once you begin to join these squares you'll have a terrific sense of accomplishment. It'll also give you the incentive you need to keep going:cheer :yay

Well, I found my camera and was going to take a picture for Friday. Wouldn't you know it, my batteries are dead and, of course, I don't know where the batteries are packed yet. I will try and get a picture in today if I come across them.

Tracy - I love the colors on your afghan. It really makes you feel like you have accomplished more as you can see it taking shape.

Sky - looks like you?ve been keeping busy making those pink squares. I bet you can?t wait to start joining and seeing what it looks like.

I am anxious to see how everyone else is doing on theirs.

Morning guys,

Sorry I've been MIA -- life has gotten in the way again,but wanted to check in quck this morning .Will try to take time to come in and post more later today and see if there are new photos to comment on . I hope so !

This has been a pretty blank week for me to crochet-- too many other things taking my attention. Hopefully today or tomorrow I can get back on track .

Thanks to all of you who are so dedicated to this and work hard on it !

Tab-- hope your poor little buddy feels better soon. I wonder why boys seem to get more earaches and strep throats ? My boys always got them a lot and so does Cam, but my girl hardly ever had anything like that .

His medicine should be kicking in today or tomorrow and he'll come out of it with more steam than he had before --:)

Good Morning! :manyheart

Julie~Thanks a bunch. You know I rarely ever get sick either but my Hubby is always sick. I think it's just because we're tougher then boys/men but SHHHHHH don't tell them I said that. :lol :lol

Cara~Thank you for the well wishes & hugs. :manyheart You are so sweet. Thanks again. :hug

I was able to get all of the squares finished & half joined for my last block. :yay I just have to finish joining them & attach it on then i'll get a chuggin on the border. :clap I can see the finish line from here & i'm loving it. :yes:lol

Happy Saturday! :hook Will be gone part of the day, but am anxious to get back to crocheting later.

Tabby ~ Can't wait to see your Do Si Do. :)

Sky ~ Wow...You've done a lot! I have to hide all mine in a closet because of Zoe, the cat. :manyheart

Morning everyone,

Sky wow you have done heaps.

Tabby thats great that you have nearly finished your do si do. I cant wait to see a pic. How is your boy today, any better.

Julie Hows it going girl. We havent seen much of you in here. Sounds like you have had one hectic week. Hope you can relax and do some crochet soon.

Jackie Im glad to hear you are settling into your new place.

Well I havent done anything on the casa all week. Been busy with the blue star which is near on completion. I guess thats what happens when you have so many projects on the go. Yesterday I did heaps of gardening and got sunburnt, ouch... so today I am going to relax and do some squares for the casa and watch movies. What better way to spend a Sunday.

Well, the baby blanket is all done and I must say I'm pretty proud of it :D What do y'all think?

If anyone wants the pattern it is on the website. It's called "Jasie" after the pending new arrival :manyheart

jasie.jpg

Finally, I can get back to my Roundabout now :hook

Hi, everybody. Sorry to be MIA, but the computer decided to go on a crashing binge yesterday and earlier today. It would boot up and run for maybe 10 minutes and then freeze totally. I tried repeatedly to post yesterday and could never get a post finished before it would crash.:yell Arrrgh!:thair

I'll try to catch up and hope not to miss anyone.

Jackie - Congratulations on getting moved.:hug Wouldn't you know the batteries would be in a different box from the camera which needs them. That's what would happen to me, too.:yes

Tabby - What a great idea to use popsicles to bring down your little one's temp. Glad you got him in to the doctor before the weekend. Ear infections and strep throat are nothing to mess around with. And you're right. My son got lots more ear infections and other bugs than my daughter ever did.:manyheart

Kathy - Good luck selling your home. :cheer I hated the goldfish bowl feeling when we were selling a home even more than packing for the move.

Tracy - Love your Art Deco afghan. Those are gorgeous colors.:yay

Sky - What a great bunch of squares. It doesn't matter if your progress is fast or slow, it's PROGRESS no matter which speed.:yes

Wendy - Sunburn! Owwwww! I feel for you.:eek

Cara - What a beautiful baby afghan! Stunning!:clap

Here is what has been taking up all my time this week. 4 of 10 rows done.

DCP_1020.jpg

Hi, Wendy.

I'm making a crib afghan for Kim's first cousin. It's her first child and a little girl. It was due the end of April, but then the due date got changed to the end of March instead. So I've got a bit of a time crunch going.

Good Morning Ladies! :manyheart

Cara~Your baby ghan "Jasie" is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job! :cheer:clap:cheer

Linda~Your crib ghan is precious, very pretty. :clap:cheer:clap

I got nothing done yesterday because I went to see my Dad. I went to bed early & feel refreshed so i'm hoping to make some major progress today. I just hope no one comes to visit today because that always takes up my crochet time, how dare them. :lol Have a good one! :hook:yarn

Good Morning! :)

Linda ~ Your crib ghan is looking great! :hook

DH and I are off soon to find something for my yarn stash, which seems to be growing by the minute...Hopefully something with glass doors so Zoe :devil:cat won't be tempted too much.

Have a great Sunday!

Tabby wow well done.

Mary were you able to find a cupboard or something to put your stash in. Whats Zoe going to play with now.

Linda wow your cutting it fine, but I know you, you will get it finished on time.

Mary, what about making Zoe her own "squares"...rubbed in catnip!:D

Tabby - wow - pictures of a completed ghan coming!! Great news!:clap:yay

Morning everyone!!

Cara the new pattern is great!! I'll definitely be coming back for that one!

Linda--Your blanket is coming along nicely as well!

Tabby--I can't believe you're almost done!

I too have dead camera batteries. If the location of their replacements has not been found by the time my first block is done I will go buy more. In the meantime, I have attached my third row on my first block, and have the squares finished for the fourth. I'm loving using the whipstitch to sew the squares together. It goes so quickly and looks great! And I've gotten better at placing the tails where they can be of the most use. I've come a long away since the grandmother's flower garden CAL.

I can't wait to see more pictures!

Archived