Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Judi and Julie- my mom always picks on me for having 4 or 5 projects going on at once but i find that if i don't do that I go crazy!!!

We just get bored easily :P ...doctors might put a name to it - but I think it's just that we have exciting - and exciteable - personalities!:lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys

Just got a minute tonite to drop in after a long day of playing, then running about gazillion errands -- just got home and I'm beat .

Renee- you may as well jump in. It looks like a whole squad of cheerleaders are already here with our pompoms.

I agree with you about Ty-- he is a little cutie pie. I don't know the other guys since we don't get cable .

I'm just dropping by real quick & then i'm hitting the sack. I had a real busy day & haven't had much time to rest. :tired

Julie~I'm glad you got to spend the day with Cam. I'm sure you had tons of fun. Have a good relaxing, restful night. :manyheart

Renee~Come on, we know you want to join so why not? :devil:cheer :cheer :cheer

I'll be back tomorrow. Good night all! :night

Oh man... I've got to tell you what happens when you try to do housework hehe...

My 10 month old son and husband went on a walk today so that I could get a few things done around the house. Well, I knew that they'd only be gone about 30 minutes, so I had to hurry. It's so much easier to clean without having to watch out for a little one...

Well, I cleaned the living room, and went to vacuum. I was almost done, when I decided to vacuum a little where I hadn't picked up as much, but I would just vacuum around things while I had the vacuum out. Well, I got too close to where the cell phone charger was plugged into the wall (the cell phone wasn't in the charger), and the charger got sucked up into the brush part of the vacuum!! It happened sooo fast, that by the time I got the vacuum turned off, it had wrapped all the way around. The box part, that pluggs into the wall is...?? I don't know. I've looked all over for it. It didn't go into the vacuum, but it isn't plugged into the wall either.

That's what you get for being in a hurry and trying to just vacuum around things to make it look like you did the whole room... Eeesh... My hubby and I have the same style cell phone, so we'll be sharing a charger now... I have to go crochet some squares to mourn the loss of our charger though (hehe).

Victoria

Wow, Wendy , that is turning out VERY pretty !!! Your mom will love it .

Are you letting her see progress ahead of time, or waiting to surprise her at the end when it's all done ?

Vickie- I thought you were gonna say you got the sweeper too close to your yarn and it got all sucked up inside there . Now THAT would be a tragedy !!! :lol

Wendy that is beautiful! :c9 I never would have thought to do an amish pattern in non-traditional colors! I've seen a lot of the fabric quilts in Amish country, and your pattern is "right on"!

We love visiting the part of Pennsylvania where there's a huge community of Amish and seeing their crafts.

Good Morning All!

Vickie~Oh my, that stinks. That'll teach ya to clean. :lol But I agree with Julie, atleast it wasn't the YARN. :eek That would be a true TRAGEDY. :yes

Wendy~Your Amish ghan is coming along beautifully. The colors are so cheery, very pretty. :clap

Julie~:hi Hello stranger. I feel like it's been forever since I said hello, so hello. I hope today is a little less busy for you & alot more relaxing with a hook in hand. :hook:yarn Here's a little fairy dust to make it happen :mdust . :haha

Gotta jet & get those kiddies off to school. :woo:party:2rock

congratulate me

i just ordered the yarns for the casablanca and the 200 crochet blocks:yay

julie please post my colours near my name in the 1st page list

country blue

country rose

buff :clap

Alright Julie.... I know your answer to the question, but is it too late to join? (It's soo good to see you, btw!!!!)

I've started working for a new client, and they have a crochet day once a week during lunch...so something that I can work on and is easily transportable is perfect! Plus my other grandma is in need of a blanket. It was so much fun working on the grandmother's flower garden with you and I loved the way it looked...I think I might have to join this one!!!

Good Morning! It's already sounding like fun around here!:ghug

Wendy ~ I love it! The colors are happy ones and look great with the pattern. :)

Vickietoria ~ See what happens when you vacuum? :lol Maybe we should all boycott housework and just crochet. :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Wow lots of activity around here the last few days :D Sorry I haven't been around but I haven't been feeling top notch :no I'm sure today will be better :yes

Wendy - I absolutely love your color combination! It look fabulous! :clap

Vickie - Welcome aboard :)

Wendy- That's an awesome amish square! :) Good job! And no, the charger didn't destroy my vacuum, although, I haven't used it since, so it might have... I hope not though. My hubby was sad at first, but I think, in a couple days, he'll be laughing about it hehe.

Oh! My son started crawling!!!! He did twice yesterday, and then this morning, he has started crawling like, several "steps" at a time, where yesterday, he'd do once, then plop down. He's mobile now!!! Eeesh! I probably won't get as much crocheting done now... hehe

Also, I was wondering if someone could show me a link to a pattern for the 1/2 squares? I looked at Happy House, but that one turns, and I did my solids without turning, so it might not look right... :( The turning way looks a lot easier though, since you don't finish off, but I didn't start out doing that so... Help? Thanks!

Victoria

Renee~Come on, we know you want to join so why not? :devil:cheer :cheer :cheer

I'll be back tomorrow. Good night all! :night

----------

Tabby, you're evil! I am currently testing a thread shawl pattern, and that has a time frame, so I'm being good and concentrating on that first.

Now, I'm not actually saying I'm joining this CAL (I really hate weaving in lots of little ends), but that Art Deco pattern really gets my heart racing...

Q8--Yeah, that's me with my grandma. My quest to make a blanket for both grandmas is partly for a selfish reason. They both are not fond of having their pictures taken. When I give them a blanket, it's the perfect photo opportunity. They have a keepsake, and so do I. This pic of me and my one grandma is framed and in the living room!

Archived