Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Victoria, your final pattern choice and colors will be very, very nice! I'm not a real designer, but from what I've heard and seen you should have no trouble transferring this quilt design to graph paper and tallying up how many of what types of squares you need to make.

Good luck!!:cheer

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tami...you ARE ambitious!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

And Wendy and Mary...I'll post a pic of the preemie blanket later...and the 1st charity ghan I assembled - I'm on so many CALs I forget where I posted the ghan!:eek ...apologies to those who have already seen the ghan...

Athba, I am still doing the casa. I just added 2 rows to it the other day. The problem I have is Im trying to do too many projects at once. I have the

Blue Star, Casablanca, Rail Fence, Amish, Scrap afghan. Before I came across the ville I never would have had more than one project on the go now my desk is covered in yarn and squares and my cupboard is full of yarn.

So now I take it in turns on each project.

Before I came across the ville I never would have had more than one project on the go now my desk is covered in yarn and squares and my cupboard is full of yarn.

So now I take it in turns on each project.

I've ALWAYS had more than one project in the works - it's the CALs on this site that finally have me focusing on finishing my UFOs instead of keeping them is storage bins!:yay

Morning ladies

Just a quick jump in to say howdy - Cam is here today so it's off to play castle .He loves knights and dragons and all those things, then we'll probably get a little time in to play some race cars and Thomas trains .

Will try to stop in later on tonite .

You all have a great day ...

Tami - you are a real powerhouse to have that many things at once !

Vickie- your quilt choice is very pretty !

Good morning, everyone.

Judi - Congratulations on the preemie afghan. Glad you like the pattern.:yay

Victoria - Both those patterns are wonderful and should convert to crochet patterns without too much trouble. Way to go.:yay

Habetlerm - Nice to have you stop by. You are welcome to join us any time. :hug We'd be honored to have such a talented crocheter in our group. Your thread crochet is stunning.:yay

Julie - Give Cam a hug for me. :hug I miss not being able to do that with my grandson. Enjoy your day with him. He'll always treasure the special memories you two are building together.:manyheart

Good morning Ladies!! I love all the pics and all of them are so stunning!!!!!

I am still working slow as a snail on mine. I have along way to go but will get some more squares done tonight while parking my butt in front of the tv watching wife swap.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!!

You guys make me feel guilty-- I gotta get moving -you're all leaving me in the dust.

Maybe I need to use Shay's idea and start watching some HUNKS on tv -- let's see...... hunks MY age bracket would include ................ Wayne Newton .

Something tells me THAT won't make me crochet any faster .

------------

Hey Julie, you're not that much older than me, and I think there's plenty of eye candy for you to watch on TV! Some of my favorites - to be honest, I love Ty on Extreme Makeover Home Improvement, Carter on Trading Spaces, Eric on Clean Sweep - okay, there's obviously a pattern here for hunky carpenters... :lol

Here's the charity ghan I assembled last week...and the yellow preemie blanket ... it's draped over a chair, which is why it looks curved...

th_HPIM0074.jpg

th_HPIM0069.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments. :manyheart

Wendy ~ How wonderful that you're able to spend time with your mom, dad and grandma! :) It sounds like you've had the heat and drought we had the last two summers. Hopefully, this year won't be as bad, but I never look forward to Texas summers.:no

--------------

May, I'm in Austin, and I have to agree with you about the summers! I've lived here for a little over 20 years (I grew up in Miami) and I've never gotten used to the summers here! Much too hot for my taste.

Now, springtime is another matter completely! It is the most fabulous time of year in Austin (well, in Central Texas, I should say), and I'm starting to feel the itch of wanting to get out and enjoy the spring time here.

I have it! :) I've decided to do this one:

http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HayesCornerBlock_Page2.html

I know the pattern is made to be a quilt, but I think it would work in navy (as the burgandy color), gold, and white.

Wahoo! It seems like it takes me as long to come up with color patterns and the afghan pattern, than it does to make the thing! :)

Victoria

-----------

Victoria, that's beautiful! Very art deco (which I love). I've only been able to look through a few pages of that site - there's so much on it. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

Judi, I really love all those beautiful bright colors! Some child is really going to love that blanket.

BTW, everyone, even though I haven't started one of these quilt ghans (and uh, not sure if I have the patience to), I've really enjoyed reading about and seeing everyone's progress.

Happy Monday! :) Wanted to check in before leaving for errands, taking Granny to the doctor, etc.

Tami ~ :yay Is your house filled to the ceiling with squares yet? You are amazing...can't wait to see pictures.

Judi ~ Thanks for sharing.:hook Your work is wonderful!

Renee ~ Our DD graduated from UT a few years ago, so we were there quite a bit for 4 years! We never missed eating at Shady Grove when in Austin!

Tracy ~ Isn't the Art Deco wonderful? But then, as we keep saying, all of Cara's patterns are wonderful. :manyheart

Julie ~ Have fun with Cam!:hug

Renee ~ Our DD graduated from UT a few years ago, so we were there quite a bit for 4 years! We never missed eating at Shady Grove when in Austin!

-----------

Mary, I do like Shady Grove when the weather is warm, and I have lots of time to sit around! Probably my favorite place to eat out though is Kerbey Lane. Or anywhere that I can sit outside and dine al fresco during the spring.

I've decided to abandon my Woven Blocks; It just doesn't look right for some reason. However, I have already started the Art Deco in Light Orchid, Dark Orchid, and Aran.

Now I really can't start any more afghans!! I have 7 in the works right now.

Tracy sorry to hear the woven blocks wasnt working. I cant wait to see the art deco your doing. I like the colors you have chosen.

Judi, I really love all those beautiful bright colors! Some child is really going to love that blanket.

BTW, everyone, even though I haven't started one of these quilt ghans (and uh, not sure if I have the patience to), I've really enjoyed reading about and seeing everyone's progress.

Renee you can do it. I know you can.

Tracy sorry to hear the woven blocks wasnt working. I cant wait to see the art deco your doing. I like the colors you have chosen.

Thanks Wendy. I just wasn't feeling the colors and it got to the point where I didn't even want to work on it. I'm really feeling the art deco pattern though.

Archived