Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Tabby

Are they off for early spring break or what ? The kids here are usually off Easter week for Spring break .

I'm glad you have a little quiet time to yourself . I know our kids used to do the same on their days off, they'd still be up early . Couldnt sleep in or get them to ! :no

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope Julie, it's winter recess I think. It seems like every time I yurn around they have another recess or break for something. Are they trying to kill me?? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol My older kids are going tubing today with a school org. so i'll atleast have a little less argueing. :yes:D

Tami, I don't think it's really noticeable, but when you change colors try dropping your yarn to the back, instead of the way you've been doing it. I found that out a while back through trial and error.

As far as whih is the right or wrong side, I'm doing the baby gingham, and what I THOUGHT was the wrong side, isn't! I think everyone is doing it differently. To me, it's whatever looks right to you.

We ARE all artists, after all:hook

Cara I would be honored to have you use my photo. Of course you can take the picture and use it wherever you need or want to. :)

Tabby, mine are out of school this week too. They are calling it Winter break. lol Then they are off around Easter for spring break.

Julie, yeah I'm pretty proud of how fast I got it finished. But I did start it a bit before this CAL started. :) I seem to have a never ending list of blankets to make so I'm never bored. :lol

Morning ladies :flower

Donna - Thank you so much for letting me use the photos!! You're a doll :nworthy !

Tami - I think some of these problems folks are having might be stemming from the fact that I am actually left handed :eek. I consider the second round the Right Side. That's the way I was taught...not exactly sure that's the proper way though :think. Anyway, the squares are joined by holding Right Sides together and stitching through the Back Loop Only

Here's a photo of what I mean by BLO:

http://happyyellowhouse.com/flbo.png

This photo also shows Right Side, btw. I sure hope that makes some sense :blush Think I'll do some tidying up of the directions because you're not the only one. I've been asked about half a dozen times so the problem's on my end. Can't do that today though because I have a busy day out ahead of me :P But I'll jump on it tomorrow :yes That's one of the terrific things about this CAL though...I really feel it's helping me write better instructions...I want folks to have fun not pull their hair out :manyheart

Donna that is simply gorgeous!!! I haven't done anything for almost 2 weeks now. :( I need to get a move on! My kids are also out of school this week but...they're homeschooled so they get a break whenever mom needs one! LOL

Sadly, it looks like my woven blocks afghan is on hold for now. I have 2 other afghans that are much closer to completion than the woven blocks one, so i'm going to work on them and finish them first, so I can devote more time to finishing up the woven blocks. I will keep checking in though because all the afghans shown so far are coming out absolutely beautiful.

I'm 2 little squares away from finishing my last block on the Do Si Do. That works up pretty quickly I'll hopefully get a finished picture up by tomorrows show and tell.

Julie I am nearly half way through one amish block. Also Im on row 4 of my rail fence as well. I have been trying to finish my blue star also and will probably do another one. Sadly my casablance has been neglected. I must get back into that one.

There have been so many great tv shows on at the moment. Heroes, Prisonbreak, 24, Lost, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, CSI. Its been easy with these squares to just sit in front of the telly making them and watching these shows.

Very pretty Judi! :cheer

Wendy~I love Prison Break, isn't it good? :yes Of course the eye candies make it so much easier to enjoy, my fave is the older brother. :c9

I've done nothing on my ghan today & I did so good yesterday. :( But, getting up at 4 something kicked my butt. I was exhausted by 9 a.m. :lol

sorry cara i was a tad bit confused when i was doing them and i figured why not ask the creator her self :)

Oh Tami, honey, I hope I didn't sound offensive. Don't ever, ever feel you have to apologize for anything...the problem is definitely my explanation :blush

I'm happy to answer any questions and I never mean to sound rude :no. This is the beautiful thing about this community y'all all have helped me become a better designer and I can never repay that :manyheart

Wendy

Yea, I know what you mean about the tv shows and squares-- the squares are so easy that you dont have to think a lot about what you are doing, so you can work on the squares and keep your mind on your shows . Has the new Survivor started over there yet ?

Victoria - Welcome! Cara's patterns are like Lay's Potato Chips, nobody can do just one! He he he he.:rofl :rofl

Judi - That is gorgeous. Congrats to both you for putting it together and to the lady who made the squares.:yay:yay

Cara - I'm right-handed and I call the second row the right side also.:)

I have about half the squares done for the rest of the first block on my Pinwheel quiltghan, BUT I have that crib afghan to do for Kim's cousin. Everyone's super excited as it's her first and a girl. They changed her due date from the end of April to the end of March. Eeeek! :eek I am really going to have to boogy in order to get it done in time. I'm using a size K hook and doing 6" granny squares in alternating colors, Burgundy Wine and Plush Pink. It's the first time that I have used chenille yarn. The yarn just arrived today! Any suggestions on how to join them, as the chenille really doesn't seem to slide through all that well? I had planned to slip stitch them, but I am not at all sure about that now.:badidea

Archived