Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Well I am getting excited. I'm on my last block for my ohio star:clap Then I'm going to do the Ohio Star Variant. I haven't actually decided on colors yet. I'm thinking of pulling colors out of the couch. Maybe sage, burgundy type and a buff type of color. We shall see. I won't be able to start it till next payday for sure though.

Wendy, that is so cool that you got so close to the koala. They are so cute and cuddly looking :) Looks can be decieving though. lol

Ada, welcome to the CAl. My 5 year old loves that blanket too. I may have to make it for her after the Ohio Variant.

q8_crochet, that's great you got some yarn coming. I can't wait to see your beginning of the casablanca. Thats definitely on my list of ones to do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 rows done on the black and gold cassablanca working on 3rd tonight my boyfriend is off work tomorrow and thursday i'm hoping to get in lots more crochet time while he is home! since he hogs the computer when he is home ! LOL

Wow, Donna- we need to rename you HotRod Donna or something car-race related. you are one speedy crocheter !

I have a question --

When you said for your next one, you're gonna pull colors out of the couch, do you mean you have YARN stored in your couch ?:D

Oh don't I wish Julie. lol Nope I'm going to try to use the same color scheme of the couch. It is green and the pillows have some dark redish, tans, browns and such in them. I'm hoping to find yarn that matches to the colors well so it can match the living room.

I get alot of crocheting done at night since hubby's home and wants me to watch tv with him at night. When he worked nights I'd sit on the computer and watch tv so now I crochet while watching instead. Plus I get quite a bit done waiting for my oldest to get out of school.

Tami, sounds like your moving along great on yours. I can't wait to see a picture of the progress.

Donna - Wow! You are a speed demon! I love it! :clap Can't wait to see it all finished :D

Athba - Welcome back, hon! Glad you got to keep some yarn money this time around.

Tami - Grats on your progress! Good job :clap

Julie - :rofl I love your new avatar. What's it called? "Give Us A Kiss?" :rofl

what a warm welcome from everyone! Once I finish up these sheep I MUST MUST make today, I'm going to start it. I have some of the colors I need, and I'm gonna work on the body of one of the children. I'm not sure how I'm going to join it all yet, it's a lot of squares to join, I'm thinking of changing the joining method to join as you go, but I'm not sure that it will keep the effect I want. We'll see.

Any ideas on the join as you go being used?

Donna wow you have done heaps, well done. Will we see a pic on friday.

Athba Im so glad you finally can get the yarn for the casa. Im so excited for you.

Tami well done on getting 2 rows finished already.

Ada Im using Julie's method of joining using single crochet. Some ladies in here are using whipstitch, I guess it depends on which one you prefer.

Wendy, I'll have a picture for sure on Friday. I haven't done much today though. Yesterday we went furniture shopping and bought a bedroom set so I spent the day cleaning for tomorrows delivery instead of crocheting. But even if it isn't finished by Friday I'll have a picture for everyone to see.

Julie~That avatar is too funny. :lol I did watch the first Survivor, did I miss others?? I'm so behind on everything, life in general so I guess I just forgot about it. :eek It's my Hubby & that X-Box 360 he got, it takes all of my normalcy (word??:lol ) out of my nightly routine. What nights does it come on again?? I never watch The Amazing Race, it just never sparked my interest. How are things in your neck of the woods?

I hate to admit it but I haven't crocheted in days & I thought i'de get time today but i'm just so worn out. I need some time to hibernate in my cave. :tired:night

Hey Tab

Yea, it's been on a couple weeks now, I can't remember if it's been 2 or 3 weeks . You're not too far behind anyhow - it's on here Thursdays at 8 .

Thanks for the comments on the new avatar, Tab and Cara- I have no clue what it's called - I just thought it was cute .

Hi, all. I have the first half block totally joined and I'm back to crocheting squares. :) I've also completed another preemie afghan. That's five for this month. Four last month. It's about time to wash them and turn in another bunch.:hook

thanks wendy

finally i`ll join the club :)

and guess what!!

i wont have summer course this year i`ll have 3 and half months vication :yay

Lots of time to crochet!:clap

Hi everyone, I just popped in to read the posts and let you know that I tore apart my block and restitched it. It looks so much better! Thanks for all your advice. I also snuck in a little time to make a few squares during lunch at work, but most of my time is being spent getting ready for the big move on Saturday.

I will definitely be back here next week - ready to make those squares.

Linda, that's great. Wow you have done great with all the premie blankets. That's great that you have gotten the first half block finished.

Athba, how wonderful you are getting a nice little vacation from school.

Jackie, I'm glad you were able to make the block look better. It's neat that the squares are quick and small so you can sneak in a few here and there.

I have finished all my blocks. I'm about half way done with the edging. I will try to have it finished today and get a picture on here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jackie~I'm glad you're happier with your squares now. I thoguht about pulling mine out but, NAH. :lol It's just for me anyways so i'll deal with the stitches showing through. :lol

Athba~Lots more time to crochet & relax. Enjoy your vacation. :cheer:D

Donna~Good Luck with finishing your ghan. I can't wait to see it. :yay

thanks ladeis

actully this long vication will start at june

but today started my weekend + the national day next monday so i`ll be at home till next monday

i`m gonna finish my afghan waiting to the yarn :clap

Archived