Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Wendy, I soooo love those little bears...was a huge fan of Steve Irwin, too - Thank you sooooo much for sharing these pics.

And your daughter looks so sweet:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. The sun is shining brightly and warmer weather is said to be on its way soon. :sun This has been the coldest February since I have moved to Georgia. Usually by now there are lots of daffodils and other spring flowers in bloom by now. Not this year. Some are poking their first leaves through, but no blooms. Too cold by far.

Amber - Welcome to the crowd. :hug I know that I am going to be here for a verrrrry looooooong time. Too many pretty quilt patterns that can be done in crochet. I definately can't quit at just one.

Jackie - Good work on the move. Stop in when you can. We understand. You were sooooooo smart to move your yarn yourself. Knowing where it is will make things so much easier as you get settled.:yes

Wendy - Thank you sooo much for sharing the pictures of the Koala. It is adorable. I'm glad his only problem was being thirsty. Your daughter is a lovely young lady. Being close to something that is wild and being able to help it is so special.:manyheart

Happy Monday! :)

Amber ~ Welcome! Cara's patterns are addictive, as you may have noticed by now. ;)

Tami ~ Wow! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Wendy ~ The pictures are wonderful...thanks for sharing.

Jackie ~ Isn't moving fun :devil !

Oh, I love the Koala pictures! They always look like little old men to me :D A much niftier thing to find in your tree than our normal old squirrels, like Julie said :lol But then again, my cat finds those squirrels fascinating. She'd have a heartattack over a Koala :rofl

And your little Emma is so beautiful! No doubt she looks just like her Mom :manyheart

Morning everyone, Im glad you liked the Koala photos. The Koala has since moved on in the night.

Amber welcome to the happy house. Im sure you will enjoy making one of Cara's beautiful patterns. Have you decided which one you are going to do.

How is everyone else going with their projects. Im looking forward to photo friday to see everyone's, I might have one block done of the amish to share.

Using Cara's new technique of doing the bicolor squares have certainly made the squares look better when joining. Speaking of joining, with the amish I have used just the one color to sc them together and your right you cant really see the color come through with the lighter squares.

Cara

That made me do a little thinking--- I'm trying to picture how your cat would react if he saw a koala in your tree ? I wonder what WOULD happen ?

:lol Well, considering the squirrels and, heaven forbid another cat on her porch nearly sends her through the window glass I don't think I truly care to find out :rofl

Another quick thought....when should I be able to post attachments. Could have sworn I understood it to be sixty days after enrollment. Now, granted it's only been 61 days but I can be impatient :D

Wendy, I am so jealous of the Koala visitor. THe closest to wild life my family has been was a year or so ago my hubby and oldest daughter rescued an orphaned squirrel.... and well, compared to a Koala drinking out of a bowl in your hand, that's nothing! I showed my oldest the pictures, and she says "mommy where do koalas live?" I tell her "Australia honey" and she comes back with "Can we move to australia mommy?"...... I want to tell her yes, but I don't think that will happen. :lol

Oh, hi everyone, I'm gonna jump on board and join ya here!!! I want to take on the All God's Children ghan, I think it's great, and would love to try it out!

If you all will have me that is! :hug

Oh, hi everyone, I'm gonna jump on board and join ya here!!! I want to take on the All God's Children ghan, I think it's great, and would love to try it out!

If you all will have me that is! :hug

Ada - Of course you can come on in, honey! Whether you can get back out again, I can't promise :devil

Ada ~ Welcome! :) We do have fun on this CAL. I love that pattern and would really like to do it one day, but then I want to make them all!

Amber ~ The woven blocks pattern is wonderful. Keep us posted on your progress. :hook

Ada - Welcome, welcome, welcome! Of course you can join us. i think that this CAL will be going on forever with all the lovely quiltghans there are. I know I'm going to be here for a verrrrrry long time.:hug

If our miniture schnauzer, Trouble, saw a koala in the bad yard she would go completely bonkers. She goes nuts over squirrels and birds, a koala would cause a complete freak out.:dog:dog:dog

Wendy that's so neat. I just showed the pictures to my 4 year old and she wants to know if your dd can come and play lol never mind the koala oh well lol.

Anyway I'm finishing up one of the solid blocks for my lapghan I may try and get it finished my Friday since I'm going out of town Sunday for 10 days and this one is for my Grandpa. I was going to just finish it up there for him but it's going so quickly I may just take it finished lol.

WOW Wendy that you got so close the koala with your face intact!

My father-in-law is a member of Wires, and has had to look after a couple of Koala bears during his time, and he's come away with some terrible wounds. Of course these one's were upset and in pain, but they were viscious!

It a spectacular feeling being so close to such an icon of Australia though isn't it? Glad you could help the little guy get a drink.

WOW Wendy that you got so close the koala with your face intact!

My father-in-law is a member of Wires, and has had to look after a couple of Koala bears during his time, and he's come away with some terrible wounds. Of course these one's were upset and in pain, but they were viscious!

It a spectacular feeling being so close to such an icon of Australia though isn't it? Glad you could help the little guy get a drink.

Hi Mandy, yes we were very careful as we know what they can do. this Koala was huge, you should have seen the claws. I think he wasnt very well and the fact that he took water from us proved that.

Archived