Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Happy Monday. :)

Wendy ~ Yes, we did find something just the right size with glass doors! I can't wait to fill it up. :hook Zoe will not be happy, but she has so many other things to keep her busy. ;)

Will check in later...have a good day.:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rachel, I'm happy to hear the whipstitching is helping you move along on the ghan! I think finding the best way to do it takes away the dread I used to feel when joining pieces.

The 'ville has been such an encouragement and inspiration for me!:clap:ghug

Amen!!

While proceeding on my square my hubby asked if I was making a place mat. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him it was a blanket and that I was only halfway done the first block and would then need 11 more of them!! Priceless.

Rachel, I get strange looks from my hubby, too - but then I'm used to it. My alias is "Gracie":lol ...remember the old, old TV show? That's me:yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Wow everyone's making such great progress. I even got 16 squares done on the Roundabout now that the baby blanket's scratched off the list. I never had more than one WIP at a time until I found the 'Ville. Now I'm always super busy and I love it :manyheart

Tabby - Can't wait to see your pics! :cheer

Judi ~ We must be about the same age! I loved Burnes and Allen when growing up. Gracie was a wonderful partner for George!:manyheart

Hmmm...putting catnip on crocheted squares would be something Gracie would have thought of, too.:hook

Mary, I'm a Boomer...born Dec '48.....but working hard NOT to look or act like it! Which is why I LOVE being called Gracie - :lol ...and my 2 dogs keep me young!

My photo Friday turned into Monday! :) I've obviously made the pattern smaller and will add one more block and finish the border. Any ideas on what the final crocheted border color should be?:think (clickable)

th_BabyBlocks006.jpg

Oh Mary that looks great!! :clap As far as border color...I'm always a fan of the outer block color. I'd go with the pink but you pick whatever you like..it's your quilt and it's gorgeous :manyheart

Morning ladies happy monday!

haven't done much on my quilts shame on me!! i've been stitching them together so ican take photos of them stitched up! I'm also working on finnishing my stripie so hopefully soon photos shall come!!

HAve a wonderful night!

blessings to you all

Sorry I waited so long to post the pic. today but Jaden ended up going back to the Dr.'s today because the antibiotic wasn't working. :( I did get the ends weaved in & a pic. taken. The pic. isn't the greatest because it's already somewhat dark here. I'll try to get a better pic. tomorrow. It also needs to be steamed/blocked/whatever that is. LOL.

CLICKABLE

th_165511.jpg

th_165459.jpg

Mary and Tabby - your work looks beautiful!!

Tabby, what about just washing the ghan and adding fabric softener - you shouldn't need blocking then. I think...:think

Thank you, ladies! :manyheart Even with just four blocks, it will be about 39 or 40 inches square and I really want to have this done by Saturday.

Cara ~ I thought the pink would be best, too. Thanks for the input. :)

Tabby ~ It's wonderful! You have been so busy...how do you do it with four boys? :eek

Judi~Thank you! And thanks for the idea, I will definitely give it a shot when I go to the laundry mat. :D

Mary~Thanks a bunch! Five (i'm counting the Hubby too, lol) boys do keep me busy but I always make time for crochet & my sweet ville friends. :manyheart

Cara~Thank you so much! That feels great coming from the master herself. :hug

Tami~Thank you! You'll have yourself unburied in no time. You can do it. :cheer

aawww how sweet my own personal cheer leader LOL Honnestly do you guys think i'm pricing these blankets to high at 250$ per blanket plus 100$ extra for the flease backing? honnest opinons please I dont want to seem like i'm ripping her off..

Hi! It's been a great day and am about ready for bed...

Wendy ~ Thank you! :manyheart

Tami ~ I still have a vision of you peeking up over piles of squares...how tall are you anyway? :eek;)

Cara ~ I hated to change your pattern at all, but knew I could never get all nine blocks finished in time...my next one (oh great, decision time again! :think ) will be your real pattern. :)

Tabby and Mary--Your afghans are both gorgeous!! Mary, I think you could also do the border in the green color if you wanted something slightly different!

Wendy--I know the feeling. My lunch knitting/crochet group meets today. I'm not going to want to go back myself! Unfortunately, it's about 30 degrees here and extremely windy so doing it outside would be bonechilling!

I made a little bit of progress on my square last night. I added a full row and half of a second row. Its neat to see it coming together nad the pattern taking shape! The colors appear to be working, although I would have liked to have made the sun-like center of the square a darker color...but I did the best I could with what was in the stash! I really need to search for those camera batteries!

Lunch time today I spent sitting in the gardens at work listening to music and making some squares for my amish. It was so restful out there I didnt want to go back to work, I was in my own crochet world.:)

I can picture it, Wendy:manyheart

I love to put on the lite jazz radio station in my office/sitting room when I sit down to crochet - even the dogs go to sleep! Peaceful is good:)

Archived