Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Wendy ~ That sounds like a wonderful place to spend lunch and crochet.

Rachel ~ Thank you! :) Looking forward to your pictures.

I'm playing "catch up" today...errands, a meeting, etc. but really want to stay home and make squares.:hook Have a great day!

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Wow! What a great mental image to start the day with! I can just picture the serenity of it :manyheart

Well, I'm still on one of my "good days" cycles and getting tons done :cheer I think I might actually get 2 blocks done this week :clap We're heading to Dallas tomorrow for a convention that DH is attending. I get to go along for the ride. I am truly enjoying the perks of his recent promotion :lol So, if I don't get too distracted by the big city I should get lots done with no chores to do :hook

We might or might not have internet access at the hotel. Can't really tell from their website what their setup is. But since this is a convention for IT geeks...errr personnel :devil....I'm sure they'll figure out something. Hope so, so that I can check in and talk to with y'all :yes

We'll be back late Friday so I should be able to get my Photo Friday submission up by then.

Have a great day everyone :D

I've just spent the last two days looking at the Crochet A Quilt CAL--beautiful stuff! You ladies that are doing both have outdone yourselves.

Julie--I loved your around the world~

Judianne--Is the cat afghan the one you are still working on?

There were a lot of familiar faces over there!

Rachel, the cat quilt-ghan is still sitting in the bin...I've been joining donated squares for ghans for a rehab hospital. AND making a couple of things for my SP...etc...etc...etc... :P

The cat ghan also has to be spread out on the kitchen table to work on it properly - if I tried sitting on the floor with it I'd have 105 pounds of young German shepherd plopped down in front of me looking for a belly scratch! :lol

Good Afternoon! :D

Thanks again everyone for the kind compliments on my ghan.

Wendy~That sounds wonderfully relaxing. I wish it was warm here. It's horribly cold & the wind chills are making it feel like 20-30 below. :eek

Cara~Have tons of fun relaxing & crocheting on your trip. Be safe. :manyheart

Tabby you can have some sunshine if you like. I will send some ok.

here you go:sun

Cara wow you must be very quick with making the squares if you are going to do 2 blocks this week. Have fun on your trip.

Mary I know how you feel, I have to go to work today but I really would like to stay home and crochet. Lifes not fair is it.

Good Afternoon Ladies what a wonderful Tuesday it has been!

boyfriend made it home for lunch so i got to spend some time during the day with him which was nice for a change, Tomorrow and Thursday he has off work so it will be nice to finaly spend some time with him for real! I haven't seen much of him lately hes been at work! well tonday I decided to bake a cake and some brownies so I didn't get very much crocheting done eeek...

Tabby - From the looks of it I don't think i'll have my self " unburried" any time soon eeek lol!

Mary - I'm pretty short i'm only 5' even 98 lbs the squares are burring me pretty rapidly help!!!

Wendy - I have a weekness for Afghans since that was also my grandmothers Passion! Hers are just beautiful I don't think i'll get to her skill yet!

well ladies hope you have wonderfull time crocheting away!

My photo Friday turned into Monday! :) I've obviously made the pattern smaller and will add one more block and finish the border. Any ideas on what the final crocheted border color should be?:think (clickable)

th_BabyBlocks006.jpg

I've never before seen quilt patterns in afghans. I can't wait to start one but I've really got to get this bedspread done. Maybe when I'm tired and need a break I'll start one.

It's absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

Sorry I waited so long to post the pic. today but Jaden ended up going back to the Dr.'s today because the antibiotic wasn't working. :( I did get the ends weaved in & a pic. taken. The pic. isn't the greatest because it's already somewhat dark here. I'll try to get a better pic. tomorrow. It also needs to be steamed/blocked/whatever that is. LOL.

CLICKABLE

th_165511.jpg

th_165459.jpg

This is gorgeous. You all are giving me the itch!

Cara ~ Have fun in Dallas!:)

habetlerm ~ Thank you for the compliment...Cara deserves the credit for sharing her wonderful designs. :manyheartPlease join us! The small squares are so easy to work on anywhere and are fun to make.

Tabby ~ I hope your son is much better. :hug

Hi, ladies. Well, it's official. The computer in the room where Kim and I spend the majority of our time is DEAD. :rip I not only can't get it to stay on, now I can't even get it to turn on. :ccompute Sigh!!! :no I really miss being able to drop in multiple times a day to see what is going on here. Hopefully it will get replaced before too much longer. I spent today working on the squares for the pinwheel ghan. I just couldn't face the pink and burgundy today. I now have all the squares crocheted for the rest of the first block and have the tails woven in on about half of them.:hook

Rachel - Those faces of shock and wonder are priceless. That's when I wish I had a camera handy and very seldom do.:photo

Mary - Your qulit-ghan is beautiful! :cheer My choice would probably be to do the final border in the sage green, but that's just me.

Tabby - Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! :yay Poor Jadon. Hope the new medicine works better than the last one and that he will better very quickly now.:hug

Morning everyone. No progress to report, I took the night off :)

It's snowing!! Too bad its not supposed to amount to much. I could use an early dismissal. I guess I should be thankful it is not -5 degrees! I'm definitely ready for the weekend!

Good Morning! If all goes well, today will be a crochet day. :hook

Linda ~ So sorry about your computer :( . Hopefully, you'll have access to one when you need one.

Rachel ~ Be careful in the snowy weather. :)

Good Morning!

The kiddies are off at school, finally. :yay Sorry, had to do that. They drove me bonkers this morning. :angry

Margeurite~Thank you for your kind words. Cara is one talented designer. :yes

Linda~Sorry about your puter, I hope you get a new one soon. Thank you for your get well wishes for Jaden. :manyheart

Mary~Thanks! Jaden is doing okay, his cough just won't let up & that's what the Doc. is worried about. I hope after some rest & lots of nebulizer treatments today he'll be back on track. Thanks again for the concern. :hug

Morning everyone

I didnt come on here last night as I wanted to finish the blue star. I watched Prisonbreak, 24 while madly crocheting and now my wrist aches a bit today.

Linda sorry to hear about your computer. Its a pain when that happens. You dont realise how much you use your computer and internet until you cant.

Tabby How is Jadon going. Has the nebulizers worked.

Jackie wow your still getting snow. Is it still winter there.

Mary hope you got lots done.

Hi Ladies

Long time, no see. My fault ,not yours . Sometimes life knocks you out of the saddle , which is what happened this week. Things get overwhelming and sadly, crochet is put on the back burner and sometimes you even turn the stove off . I promise to jump on back in here now and stay on task again. You all are putting me to shame with these finished afghans . :(

Mary and Tabby- absolute showpieces ! I bet you are both so proud of them !:c9

Tabby- I hope your poor little buddy's new medicine is working better for him. This has been a nasty winter for those viral things, hasn't it ?

Rachel- what colors are you doing your center in ? I know you mentioned a ways back about the center not being bright enough .

Wendy- you must be living in the perfect crochet climate. It sounds so nice and warm there. We got another snow here this morning, but not a lot, maybe 3 inches or so .

Cara- have a great trip to Dallas -- how far is that from Waco ?

Mimi- you may as well jump in here -- then I'll have someone at my level--- which is not very far along. I'd be willing to bet you'd get ahead of me very quickly . :lol

ANYHOW ........ I promise to try harder now and make crochet a part of every day-- even if some days it's only for a few minutes . I think we all need that way to relax and unwind sometimes . :)

Julie, crochet is very therapeutic. Can take all that stress right away (unless you have a precious little black kitty who wants to be in your lap when you're crocheting, cuz he wants to be smooched on - but then again, that's a stress reliever, too).

Morning Julie nice to see you back again.

Its nice weather here whichs begs to wonder why am I making afghans that I cant use. The answer is that I just enjoy making them. Autumn is here so it should cool down soon, might even rain. I wonder what that looks like.

Dont worry so much about not doing much crochet, sometimes we need a break from it and your busy doing other things too. Just do a little bit each day, or come in here for a chat. We all love chat, dont we ladies.

Julie, crochet is very therapeutic. Can take all that stress right away (unless you have a precious little black kitty who wants to be in your lap when you're crocheting, cuz he wants to be smooched on - but then again, that's a stress reliever, too).

Renee my mum has the same problem with her cat. She tries to do some knitting then along comes her cat and either plays with the yarn or sits right on top of it and goes to sleep in her lap.

Renee my mum has the same problem with her cat. She tries to do some knitting then along comes her cat and either plays with the yarn or sits right on top of it and goes to sleep in her lap.

-----------

Awwww, that's cute! Of course it makes it hard to get any crochet (or knitting, in the case of your mom) done, but you know, I love that kitty more than life itself, so what can I do when he wants to get some smooch? :manyheart

my little orange tabby cat gets supper jealous if my attention is away from him at all for any purpose if my boyfriend gives me a hug skimble shanks hisses at him and raises his little claw up at him and gives him that look that says " thats MY momma! back up bubba or Ill or ILL well you dont wanna know what my kitty claws are capable of! but DAT's MY MAMMA! back off"

Just checking in. I've gotten lots done on my Baby Blocks and haven't even answered the phone much...caller ID is great.:yes

Hi Julie! :hug We miss you when you're not here, but your schedule sounds really hectic.

Wendy, I saw your afghan on the other CAL...it's beautiful. Wow, that is a lot of crocheting!:hook

Archived