Favourite Hook Size?

My most used hook is a bamboo Crystal Palace size I.

That is the most used right now anyway. It varies some between size G through I depending on what I'm currently into.

The difference between people is funny. I work with a lot of cotton, but size F has to be my least favorite. I crochet pretty tight though and usually have to go up a size or two on hooks.

H is my favorite. And my favorite hook is a Susan Bates Bamboo and aluminum hook. That's all I will use.

:manyheart

I truly don't have a favourite. I use so many weights of yarn that I have to adapt to what is needed for the project. I do tend to the larger sizes from 5mm to 7mm because I like a drapey fabric for most stuff.

If single stranded I is my fave double stranded L or M are my faves, though I've used my H a lot lately too

My favorite hook size is an I hook. It was the size of hook that I learned on, and I use it with WW yarn, even when the pattern will often say to use an H hook. I have my great-grandmother's I hook, and it is the absolute favorite of the lot. I also really like my light purple Boye I hook, and my recently acquired (thank you DH) Crystal Palace Bamboo I hook.

My hooks are like my children I can't pick one over another. :think However the steels I think are like the neighbors bratty kids and I just can't take to liking them for more than a few minutes at a time and only once in a blue moon. :devil

I truly don't have a favourite. I use so many weights of yarn that I have to adapt to what is needed for the project. I do tend to the larger sizes from 5mm to 7mm because I like a drapey fabric for most stuff.

I'm with you on that one because I don't have a favorite it all depends on the project I love all my hooks or as I think of it each hook serves its purpose I just can't decide on what hook is my favorite

For thread work, I always use my trusty steel Boye size 7. I have a whole set of steel hooks and the 7 is the ONLY one I ever use.

For working with sport weight or baby yarn I use an aluminum Boye size F. For knitting worsted weight yarn, for clothing I use either a G or an H, and when it comes to my afghans, my aluminum Boye size J or K are my favorites, but I will use other sizes if necessary, and for the shawl pattern that I designed and wrote myself, nothing will do but my aluminum Boye size N.

I have duplicates, triplicates and more of every size hook there is except my aluminum N. If I ever lose that hook, they're going to have to put me away because I'll lose my mind along with the hook! :lol

I find I use the I and J hooks the most except with cotton yarn it seems I use G and H the most. They seem to be the easiest on my hands. Not to small and not to large, JUST RIGHT :hook But I use them all and they all have their own purpose at some time or other :)

Archived