Purple Around the World quilt-ghan

econ-nerd

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful!!!

My favorite color......

I have that one printed out for my to-do list..

I'm making Casablanca, but it's going to take me a lot longer to do.. No deadline..

I have 28 squares done....:lol It's been sitting there in my bag for a month now...

TA DA!!! -

...It is made of 475 saltines (first two rounds of a granny square). ....

Thank you for defining "saltine" I've heard the term before, but wasn't sure exactly what it meant. Your blanket is beautiful!

Kris

Thank you all for the compliments :hug I am really proud of this blanket :manyheart It was a lot of work but worth it! One day I will time myself making a saltine (and tucking in the beginning tail) and then will also time myself sewing one saltine on to see just how many hours are involved.

That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you join row by row, or from the inside-out?

I joined from the middle out to the corners.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! How did you join those little saltines together?

OMG! How pretty! Did you whip stitch all of them together or crochet them? I can't believe you got it done that fast!

I keep a long tail on each saltine and use that tail to sew (whipstitch) on to the next square. Once it is attached I immediately tuck in the tail so it doesn't have to be done later.

Would you like another neice??? That afghan is certainly a labor of love:manyheart and in my favorite COLOR too! It's GORGEOUS!

:lol:hug

That is beautiful and amazing. I can't believe you started that on Christmas and you're done with it already. That's not even four weeks. Incredible!!!

Do I dare say that I also was out of town for a week and didn't crochet then?? I did put in several marathon days where I spent the entire day crocheting or sewing.

It is less daunting if I make about ten or twenty saltines and then tuck in the starting tail. When I sew a saltine on I immediately tuck in the end before I move on to the next one. I does make it seen like less (even though there were 950 :eek tails in this blankie - plus the border!) I honestly find the tails mindless to do and have a rythym (how do you spell this??) for doing them.

Archived