Purple Around the World quilt-ghan

econ-nerd

Wow, very awesome! Love the color combination you used. Though I could be biased since it's in my favorite color. ;) It turned out so lovely. You must have an awesome amount of patience! All those little squares! I don't know if I could have stuck this one through. :lol I know she will :manyheart this!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats my color. and you gave me a good ideal, I always want a quilt for my king size bed, but I don't do quilting. but I never thought abot a afghan done in purple and gree.so I think thats what my next project might be , Ihave so many things going on at one time I need to finish them and take it from there thank you so much for the ideal and I just love this one:yay:crocheting

OOOOOH purple. It's my favorite color :woo That's very pretty. I am sure Cara would love it. She is a member here.

NiYa :yarn

Cara has seen a picture I also posted this in the Every Happy House CAL :yes

I have a question, probably a dumb one, but how did you figure out how much yarn you needed and how many of each color of saltines?

Not a dumb question at all (and I asked too!) In the Every Happy House CAL there are a bunch of people making different quilt-ghans. The owner of the HappyYellowHouse webpage (the Cara mentioned above) has made estimates of how many saltines she gets out of a skein of Red Heart Super Saver yarn and figured she gets anywhere from 40 to nearly 50 on occassion (depending on your tension and all that). I use that number as an estimate of how many skeins I need once I have drawn out a graph of the colors and then counted how many of each color needed.

Wow! :) I cannot imagine taking on such a project, I *hate* weaving in ends *and* I hate putting pieces together! But your ghan sure is good looking.

• 2 weeks later...

oh its beautiful i saw the pattern for this in the yellow house site a while back and said i have to make that i was thinking id go with the same colors as the one on the site but now that i see yours in the purple i know any colors are going to look good i love the way yours turned out wonderful work TFS

Archived