Potholder of the Month Club 2009 *** December added***

missmaxx

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yayCongratulations on your gift..... I'm sure you will enjoy using your new potholders.... they sure are nice! I'll be looking forward to seeing the August ones..... Thanks for sharing! GBU!:manyheart

I was just sitting down to check out what is going on in Crochetville:ccompute, when the door bell rang. I got up and went to the door. There was the mailman with a stuffy in his hand. I almost ripped his arm off trying to get the stuffy, but he was only interested in who Tampa Doll was and why it was next to my name. I explained and then he gave me the bag. When I saw who it was from, I started to tease him. I said, “Hey this was mailed on the 3rd and it is now the 11th, what happened?” His smart alec answer was “The mail was much faster when I rode my pony (pony express).”

Along with the pot holders, I got a beautiful bookmark a pattern for a tux for Ken (now I can have 2 grooms) and a very nice note.

I now have the pot holders on my table right up front. I have such a big smile on my face and I am totally floored. I was all ready to congratulate the person who got these, now I can sit and look at them.

Thank you so much, they look even better in person.

[ATTACH]4755[/ATTACH] Gif

:woo YIPPIE

Congratulations MaryJo.............. Oh that is so wonderful!

you are one lucky and well deserving lady to have received those!

:heart

:mug

Thank you all. Right now they are sitting on my table next to my doll Daddy's Little Girl. They are to pretty to use.

Hey can I borrow Tuss E. Cats for my next tote?:lol

I can't wait for August either. This is lots of fun.:hook

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all. Right now they are sitting on my table next to my doll Daddy's Little Girl. They are to pretty to use.

Hey can I borrow Tuss E. Cats for my next tote?:lol

I can't wait for August either. This is lots of fun.:hook

Instead of borrowing Tuss E. just pick Jempast for the August tote!

Your potholders are adorable! Congrats Mary Jo, you definitely deserve it!

Hmm, I am going to have to use this idea when christmas rolls around. With this huge family of mine, crocheting becomes a chore at christmastime. LOL.

Hi all,

Happy August! Well, almost. :D

Thanks for the pattern Mary Jo. And, Tuss E. Cat has done his duty and picked a winner for the second set. Don't panic! He may weigh 18 pounds but he has impeccable manners.

The package will be going out tomorrow.

I hope who ever Tuss has chosen likes monkeys!

post-7401-135897430463_thumb.jpg

They turned out great. Anyone getting them will love them.

Glad I could pass on the pattern.

The Dh mentioned the other day, "Hey are the potholders posted yet?":hook

Ah, you've been 'monkeying around', I see, Missmaxx! :laughroll Your August potholders are really cute - I can't wait to see who the well-mannered TEC has chosen!

:cheer:clap:ty:day:applause:woo:jumpyay I'm the lucky recipient of the adorable sock monkey potholders!!!!!! I came home after an extra long day at work and what was waiting for me but an envelope from MissMaxx!!! OMG! I started screaming- I got the sock monkey potholders!!! I ripped open the package and there they were- they are soooooo cute- better in person than any picture! And, that wasn't all- inside there was a pattern for a baby round ripple and a beautiful crocheted bookmarker.

Miss Maxx- you outdid yourself- :hugYou must have seen my siggy where I'm determined to make a round ripple and also that I am in the 2009 50 Book Challenge!!!!

Thank you just doesn't seem enough!!! You truly made my day!!!!:manyheart

post-27163-135897432966_thumb.jpg

Just awesome! :cheer

How exciting to come home from a long day at work to find you were the lucky recipient of the sock monkeys.

I hope they are well behaved! :devil

Well, my goodness, look what happens when you step away from the laptop for the summer, generosity busts out all over. Miss Maxx, what a great idea. Your friend is lucky, as will be all the potholder recipients. Now, are you going to stagger yours so they're in the middle of the month and Mary Jo's totes are at the end/beginning of the month, so that we have only two weeks of anticipation to suffer through? patty

• 2 weeks later...

I did this for my in-laws for Christmas. They loved them! I made:

Jan-New Year's Bell

Feb-2 sided heart

March-clover

April-Easter Egg

May-flower

June-t-shirt

July-r/w/b bathing suit

Aug-watermelon

Sept-apple

Oct-candy corn