Potholder of the Month Club 2009 *** December added***

missmaxx

Glad you like the potholders. Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm adding a little feature starting this month - you can all thank Mary Jo if you like it! Stay tuned.....

Uh Oh:eek is that thank me or blame me?:rofl

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't looked at all the potholders yet, but i love the star potholders.

Very nice.:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hi everyone,

I wanted to find a way to say thanks to all the wonderful crochetiers I've met here at crochetville. I've borrowed a page from Mary Jo (Tampa Doll) and have decided to make two sets of potholders for each month remaining in 2009. The first set each month will go to my friend Terri (this is her Christmas gift after all!) :lol The second set will be mailed to a crochetville member - sometimes to say thanks, sometimes to just say Hi!

So here we go.....

The first package to go out...........

July 2009 Pot Holder of the Month Club

post-7401-135897422027_thumb.jpg

post-7401-135897422031_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I wanted to find a way to say thanks to all the wonderful crochetiers I've met here at crochetville. I've borrowed a page from Mary Jo (Tampa Doll) and have decided to make two sets of potholders for each month remaining in 2009. The first set each month will go to my friend Terri (this is her Christmas gift after all!) :lol The second set will be mailed to a crochetville member - sometimes to say thanks, sometimes to just say Hi!

So here we go.....

The first package to go out...........

July 2009 Pot Holder of the Month Club

What a great idea!!! I can't wait to see who the lucky recipients are. :hook

What a fun idea! I ought to try this with doilies...I'm forever making them and they all need homes...(I only have so many flat surfaces).

Another great idea...I am constantly amazed at the kindness and generosity of the Crochetville folks. :hug

How I just found this! What a great idea!!!!!!!!!! All of the potholders are great!!

I like all them!! I can't wait to see what the next monthes will be!!!

Oh how fun ...............

those potholders are too cute!!! Someone is going to be tickled to get those!

:heart

:mug

I hope the package arrives tomorrow! I was really hoping for today. I guess with the holiday it got delayed. I'll remember that in the future. I hope who ever gets it will celebrate the Fourth of July along with the 8th through the 31st!

Now I know how you all feel when the tote goes out. :hyper

I can't wait to see who gets them. I am sure they will grace the kitchen of the person and they will celebrate all month.:hook

OK.... this is too much! If that package doesn't arrive today I'm going to check my postmaster's kitchen! I should have sent it with a tracking #, but I didn't. I sent it out on Friday, July 3. The postoffice was closing early that day for the holiday and the clerk was rushed to get her work done. Mail between me and...... the destination...... usually only takes two days. I'm sorry about the delay, I'll have to do something about a replacement if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow.

I was just sitting down to check out what is going on in Crochetville:ccompute, when the door bell rang. I got up and went to the door. There was the mailman with a stuffy in his hand. I almost ripped his arm off trying to get the stuffy, but he was only interested in who Tampa Doll was and why it was next to my name. I explained and then he gave me the bag. When I saw who it was from, I started to tease him. I said, “Hey this was mailed on the 3rd and it is now the 11th, what happened?” His smart alec answer was “The mail was much faster when I rode my pony (pony express).”

Along with the pot holders, I got a beautiful bookmark a pattern for a tux for Ken (now I can have 2 grooms) and a very nice note.

I now have the pot holders on my table right up front. I have such a big smile on my face and I am totally floored. I was all ready to congratulate the person who got these, now I can sit and look at them.

Thank you so much, they look even better in person.

post-105-135897424572_thumb.jpg Gif

I'm so glad they FINALLY arrived! :clap

I just logged on to look for a replacement pattern - I couldn't bring myself to make more Fourth of July Satrs on the 11th. I was thinking sunshine... summer.... and then a PM popped up saying they arrived.

Mary Jo, I'm glad you like them. I wanted to send them to say thanks for all the excitement and smiles you bring everyone here every month.

:hug THANKS! :hug

Now, I'm off to buy some cotton yarn for August..... hummmm......... summer, sunshine, picnics, ....... monkeys, watermelons.....????????????

Decisions, decisions.......

And, in case anyone is wondering... I've found a way to pick winners for the rest of the year. It's out of my hands. I'm leaving it in Tuss E. Cat's capable paws.

post-7401-135897424582_thumb.jpg

I have be watching to see who was the lucky person to get the potholders!!!!

You are a very lucky lady get them.

What a nice surprize to get in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, in case anyone is wondering... I've found a way to pick winners for the rest of the year. It's out of my hands. I'm leaving it in Tuss E. Cat's capable paws.

I am sure Tuss will do a great job. BTW I loved the flower potholders you made.

Archived