Potholder of the Month Club 2009 *** December added***

missmaxx

Thanks! And May will be a challenge - It's Terri's B-day month so I'm already searching for just the right something.............

any suggestions?

Of course I'll be busy celebrating :yayand enjoying my new tote bag so maybe I'll be too busy to worry about May! Right Mary Jo????????? :devil

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your nice comments. There's been a bit of a change this month for potholders. Easter is over and the bunny seemed "outdated" for the rest of the month - so I thought I'd make a new potholder for the second half of this month and maybe for the first part of May too. - I have an ulterior motive too. Now I can spend a little more time figuring out a B-day potolder for Terri. (Her B-day is the 18th.)

Here it is:

th_DSCN0019-3.jpg click me!

Happy April and a half!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your nice comments. There's been a bit of a change this month for potholders. Easter is over and the bunny seemed "outdated" for the rest of the month - so I thought I'd make a new potholder for the second half of this month and maybe for the first part of May too. - I have an ulterior motive too. Now I can spend a little more time figuring out a B-day potolder for Terri. (Her B-day is the 19th.)

Here it is:

th_DSCN0019-3.jpg click me!

Happy April and a half!

They are to cute. I love the daffodils.:hook

Beautiful potholders! Oh & I LOVE the flower! Did you make up the pattern for that one? You do lovely work.

Hi! Thanks. I'm sorry I can't seem to find the pattern link I used for the daffodils. It was from a web site with free patterns. I'll keep looking.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your kind words. Things have been upside down around here and the monthly schedule is out of whack. Sorry.

My friend Terri has been having a very rough time lately. Her DH is gravely ill. It doesn't look good.

Her birthday is later this month so I won't be giving her this till then but as she doesn't crochet or know to look here I'd like to show you her May/B-Day Hot Pad. I'm making her a purse too.

She's always wanted a piano..... I'm pretty sure she had a slightly larger one in mind but it's the best I can do. For now.....

And if anyone out there has a piano they need to unload cheap and can deliver it ........:U

post-7401-135897403736_thumb.jpg

Love the piano- and prayers being said for your friend's DH. Sorry can't help you out with the real piano! I just love seeing what potholder you make each month- they are all just wonderful:cheer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Happy June!

I had some trouble deciding on June's theme. I ended up matching the June coasters from last years "Coaster of the Month Club."

Thanks for looking!

post-7401-135897413003_thumb.jpg

:yayFINALLY:yay - I have been looking for these every day.:devil

Now they are cool. Love the one with the sunglasses. Looks like he belongs down here.

What fun this has been so far. I like the idea of them matching the coasters.:hook

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

The year is just flying by! I've been kept away from my crochet over the past few weeks by all kinds of things -- graduation parties :graduate, my best:bheart friend's surgery:scared (he's doing better now :dance) , a new bike - no bike smiley!!!!, and just plain being :yawn lazy.

I've got big plans for July and the rest of the year (thanks to Mary Jo for giving me a kick :kickstart!)

Here it is: July 2009 Potholder of the month - the pattern can be found in an old copy of Crochet World June 2006. The yarn is Sugar N Cream - Red and Sugar N Cream Stripes - American Stripes

post-7401-135897420288_thumb.jpg

Oh Wow they are really cool and just perfect for July.

Uh :scrachinis that a stationary bike or a real one?:wink

Great job on the pot holders, at least one of use used Red, White and Blue for the month.:rofl

Uh :scrachinis that a stationary bike or a real one?:wink

That's a real bike Mary Jo - and a real hill too! :yes

There are some grades that are marked as 16% and with the overall ups and downs of the landscape I climb about 250 ft in elevation on the return trip. I always say it's 6 miles down the trail and about a 1,000,000 back to home. In reality it's 12 miles of challenging fun. It's part of the "Rails to Trails" system where they take old railroad beds and convert them into bike trails. Ours is a little more challenging than others because of the terrain here. Most Rails to Trails don't have this much incline in them.

I hadn't ridden a bike since back in the dark ages when I was a kid but I'm finding now it's so much fun I look forward to it everyday. It also gives me some alone time. :D

Glad you like the potholders. Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm adding a little feature starting this month - you can all thank Mary Jo if you like it! Stay tuned.....

Archived