Potholder of the Month Club 2009 *** December added***

missmaxx

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay - it's been a little crazy around here! School started and my best buddy, Emma, is going to kindergarten now. Today is day 2. So far so good. Her Mom (my niece) is amazed that I haven't had to go pick her up yet! It is a long day though. The bus picks her up at 8:10 and drops her back at 4:00. We'll all adjust--- eventally! :lol

Ok Here goes - an apple (or two) for the teachers out there......

post-7401-135897441593_thumb.jpg

Oh Nancy these are great and would look great in my kitchen. Ha ha.:lol:yes

Can I ask where you got the pattern? I would love to make these when I am up to it.

Hi Tammy,

Nice to see you here at the ville. Hope you're feeling better.

It's a free pattern at free-crochet can't think of the name .... the "new" version of freepatterns.com

Nancy,

I have enjoyed looking at your potholders,and I also like the September ones. Your Emma has a very long day.

claire

Thanks! And her sister, my Claire!, is a first grader now too.

Hi Tammy,

Nice to see you here at the ville. Hope you're feeling better.

It's a free pattern at free-crochet can't think of the name .... the "new" version of freepatterns.com

Thanks. It is nice to be back. I will like it better when I can gt up and get around a bit but for now at least I have the ville to keep me company. Thanks for letting me know where to find this pattern. I love it. Someone is going to be very happy. I can't wait to see what you come up with for October.

Too cute! :apple I was wondering what the September potholders would be.

Goodness gracious for Emma. They don't take it easy on the kindergarteners anymore do they, that is a full day.

Will be waiting to see what you come up with for October.

:jack :ghost :skeleton:autumn

I love those apples.... will there be a pattern? My aunt has an apple kitchen.... They sure look great.... GBU!:):)

Hi Dawn,

Here's the address - although I think you have to register to get there.... it's free

http://www.free-crochet.com/list.html?cat_id=319

They were easy and fun to make. I plan on making more of this set someday, when I have more time:lol.

happy crocheting,

One of my faves, Nancy! :apple Your 'Apples for the Teacher potholders have a nice crisp look to them. Can't wait to find out who the latest 'potholder lady' is! Thank you for sharing.

Oh my goodness!!!!! I'm the September winner!!!! I was soooooooooooooooooooo shocked to see the envelope in the mailbox this afternoon. I was thinking that I hadn't ordered anything lately...then I saw your name. Thank Tuss E. Cat for me--I appreciate being picked as a recipient! I was also sent a gorgeous dragonfly bookthong! ( I collect 'em). PM will be on the way about the other item, MissMaxx.

So I have a question for you...what yarn are these made from? They are soooo soft and thick, as well. They will be going to my daughter who has an apple-themed kitchen.

Thanks again soooooooooooo very, very much!!!!

Elise

Hi Elise,

I'm so glad you like them. They are made of Lion Brand Homespun. Not a traditional cotton like I usually use, but I've had good success with it in hot pads and potholders. I'll add a disclaimer here - "Caution - potholders are used on hot things! Please be careful and use at your own risk."

:lol

I've contacted a certain designer about a little pattern I'd like to send you too. I hope you have fun with it. And I hope too that she'll be contacting you very soon.

happy crocheting,

Archived