2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I am thinking about joining this, but I don't have an afghan to do yet. I'm wanting to create one with my favorite animal (peacock) on it. So, I will plot and join in a bit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am crocheting to keep from snacking, this is a great idea for me. I think I might just make long scarf like strips in some colors and stitches I like and then figure out what to do with them when I can make them cover the width of my bed. Maybe a few inches of each strip for each pound or something. I will have to think about it and get back to you guys.

I am thinking about joining this, but I don't have an afghan to do yet. I'm wanting to create one with my favorite animal (peacock) on it. So, I will plot and join in a bit.

A peacock design sounds lovely! Feel free to join any time.

Good morning all and Happy New Year! :yay

I've got the most terrible headache....and NO it's not a hangover :P we celebrated with sparkling cider. Hope I haven't caught hubby's cold.

Anybody have any New Years resolutions (besides the obvious)?

I'm out of town until the 9th so I will weigh in and start for real on Saturday the 10th. I plan to try to eat smart while away and I expect we will be doing a lot of walking so I should get some exercise in. We are heading to San Francisco in a few hours. I have a conference there and we plan to stay a bit longer to explore some. We have never been and are excited!

Happy New Year everyone!!

My resolutions: lose weight, learn to knit lace, relax and spend some time for me, and get one new article written and submitted to a journal each and every month (minimum of twelve new articles out this year). That's enough and I hope to hit them all this year :yay

Wow, Sherri! 52 projects this year...you should start a cal called 52 projects in 2009. :yarn

If I started up a Cal, I'd spend more time on the computer and less time on the projects. Most of the projects are cross-stitch. You can check them all out on my blog. (in signature) As you can see from the photos, they have been started and have been hanging around as ufo's for a long time. If they were all new projects, I wouldn't set such a lofty goal. Anyway, it's time to get crackin'!

A quick hello to see how everybody's doing. :waving Happy New Year!

I found out this morning I lost one more pound. I think I will start from there if my weight is same next Tuesday. :yes I plan to lose about 30-35 lbs (until I reach the long term weight maintence).

So I might approach my afghan a bit different. I think about doing a motif or row as long as I lose a pound. When I reach my weight goal, I will continue doing the afghan ( if it's not done) as long as the weight is stable. What do you think ? I thought it will help me as a reminder to maintain a healthy lifestyle after losing all the pounds I need to lose.

Later today, I will sort through my patterns and see if I find something.

Diane - I think that is a good idea, to keep on going on your afghan if you are maintaining... :yes If I ever get to my goal weight, (or even lose for that matter), I think I will use that idea and have another afghan that is my "maintenance" afghan - as long as I am maintaining, I can do a round/row a week.... A very good idea, indeed!

I found the pattern and yarns for the afghan :)

The afghan is from Caron's site: "Soften your Mornings" Afghan (clickable link)

I pick the Bernet pounders in medium pastels - pink, green, blue, coffee, and cream.

25 squares sound more reasonable to me. I already have another afghan in mind if I wish to continue weight loss/maintence, same as Krystal. :D

Edited by tahlara

I think I shall resolve to upgrade my crochet skills. I want to learn thread and bead crochet. I have so much lovely thread and have a difficult time using it. I'm currently working on my first doily (I can imagine how that will turn out...it already looks funny). Of course I had to choose the most difficult supplies to work with: black size 10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Maybe after I can get a hang of that, learn filet crochet. Also finish that darn scarf that I have been kn*tting for almost two years. :)

Gosh I hope not! I'm starting my squares from when I started WW. That means 27 squares so far! Hope that's ok????

Deb, many of us are doing this. I want my afghan to represent the total I've lost not just in 2009. With the amound of weight I have to lose I will still be losing and working on my afghan in 2010!

Congrats on the 27 pounds.

I just posted about this in the Weight Watchers Support Thread, so I apologize for the double post for those of you who go to both...but I thought I'd post it here, too for those of you who don't!

If you haven't seen "Ruby" on the Style Network, you need to! She's losing weight on camera, and she's such a wonderful inspiration. She's so open and honest about all the emotions and problems she struggles with... you just have to see it.

The site link also has other valuable information to anybody losing weight.

Like I said in the WW Support thread: If you need inspiration, meet Ruby. She's just fabulous.

Edit: Repeats are running right now!! Check it out!

Sorry all, I've been gone all day. Ran some errands and saw the movie 'Australia'. Wonderful movie! I recommend it if you haven't seen it.

I'd like to keep this cal very casual with no hard and fast rules. So start when you wish, use any pattern you wish...afghan or other...you can include past weight loss, post your weight loss or not....on Friday or any day...etc.

I think that may be best, especially since many already have a set weigh-in day that is not a Friday.

Is that okay with everyone?

Hi everybody!

Somebody requested the Weight Watchers coupons, so they're gone now!

Today was my weigh day, and I've lost a total of 18 lbs! I'm so excited! I get to make a few more footballs! :lol

Congrats on the weight loss!! :yay

Congratulations on all you ladies that have lost weight already. Now I am going to start- today !! The holiday events are all done, refrigerator has been "cleaned out" and the garbage man picked it all up today - GONE !! I have 20 lbs to lose. To really get me inspired I took out my yarn and chained the necessary length this morning (only did the chain - I promise). I know that the started project will be on my mind and "in my face" and the only way I can actually work it is to lose weight, so this is how I am motivating the weight loss. Sorry if this is cheating. :( Will keep y'all posted.