2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Sorry you didn't make it out sharla.

I really did try to be good and I could have done a lot worse, but I wouldn't be surprised if I gained another couple lbs. today. :( And there are a bunch of leftovers in the fridge. :eek

I put the elliptical machine away when I was cleaning the house for company. It's time to pull that back out!

thank you hun I hope its the motivation i needed i gained weight after a full hysterectomy in 2001 went from 125 give or take to my current weight which is 220 omg i just realized i have gained 100 lbs wow it just hit me as i typed that lost dad 2003 quit smoking gained more etc etc and here i am today at this awful weight i also have fibromyalgia and i know the weight doesnt help me at all I just know im going to do this and i thank you for the support and the motivation I havent been a member of crochetville too long but already i love it and the great members im meeting I feel very honored to be included with so many wonderful talented people

A very merry christmas to all

Sharla, I need to be better about my water. I haven't been very good about it lately. Also, I am with ya on the squirrely kids...my 4 yo has been sick with strep throat and it's a re-occoruance, he had it about a month ago and my brother in law is a pediatric nurse and said it takes longer for the antibiotic to work since it's the second time. He's been stuck in the house since Sunday! :eek

OK so I'm getting back on track today! I do Weight Watchers so I'm going to make sure I'm writing everything down and getting all my good healthy guidelines in. That's the goal for the day.

Happy holiday everyone, I must say I did really well yesterday eating smaller portions of everything, and larger portions of vegetables. Due to my meds I do not expect to lose excessive amounts of weight, I'll be happy for a 5 to 10 pound loss. Someone mentioned about water intake which is one of the areas I lack and need to increase. This thread is a wonderful way to get motivated. I can not wait to get to the yarn store to pick up the yarn I need for my weight loss project. :cheer Have a great day everyone. :manyheart

The snowplow finally came down our street last night at 9pm. After a full week spent under the snow- I'm FREE!!!! I don't know if I've ever been this excited about anything. :lol (Mainly because after a week of being stuck at home I have severe cabin fever!) Christmas has been rescheduled for Saturday. Now it's just a battle between my self control and MIL's love of cheese on EVERYTHING.

Janny- you can do it! We're all here for the same reason- we just can't do it alone. :hug

I have purchased the yarn for my afghan. I don't have any idea what I'll do with the afghan when I finish it, so I chose red heart super saver in Aran. Its a good neutral for my house, and I like the fact that it comes in center pull skeins and washes up so well.

Well, I think I've decided on a 63 squares afghan. I'm going to do one square for every pound I lose. I have no idea what colors yet...we don't have much of a yarn selection around here, so I'm going to have to decide that when I can make a road trip to a yarn store.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

I added your afghan choice, Minerva.

----------------------------------------

I was thrilled to see this morning that I did NOT gain anything like I feared. And I was good today too. I will be so glad when all these leftovers are gone!

We did some after Christmas shopping and I walked a lot today. I got a JoAnn's giftcard from my mil, that was fun. ....K-Mart too and the mall...I walked the entire inside perimeter as I shopped.

Surprisingly I did not buy any yarn at JoAnn, but I sure was tempted. I refrained because I have a TON of yarn at the moment, but I found some Christmas decorations on clearance and I got an extension kit for my Bond knitting machine, and also some fabric glue for securing my yarn knots/joins.

I can't wait to get back to all my yarn projects, which I haven't had much time for this past month.

Happy holiday everyone, I must say I did really well yesterday eating smaller portions of everything, and larger portions of vegetables. Due to my meds I do not expect to lose excessive amounts of weight, I'll be happy for a 5 to 10 pound loss. Someone mentioned about water intake which is one of the areas I lack and need to increase. This thread is a wonderful way to get motivated. I can not wait to get to the yarn store to pick up the yarn I need for my weight loss project. :cheer Have a great day everyone. :manyheart

I did fairly well also.. I just had a small piece of lasgne and a large salad to go with it... the cookies is what got me though... I know I ate at least a half dozen.. probably more! :eek

I'm going to Walmart tomorrow to get the batteries for my scale, so we'll see what the damage is and I'll officially kick off this diet... we don't do anything special for New Years, and most of the leftovers are gone, so it'll be smooth sailin' for now. :cheer

I just need to start drinking more water like you (and others) have said. I have no problem guzzling the water when it's how out, but during the winter it becomes a chore.. :(

The snowplow finally came down our street last night at 9pm. After a full week spent under the snow- I'm FREE!!!! ... Now it's just a battle between my self control and MIL's love of cheese on EVERYTHING.

WooHoo!! I know you're happy to be able to get out! I'd go stir crazy being cooped up like that too!

Mmmm... cheese... That's a tough one to stay away from! If it has cheese I'm gonna eat it! LOL

...I was thrilled to see this morning that I did NOT gain anything like I feared. And I was good today too. I will be so glad when all these leftovers are gone!...

:yay congrats! Holding steady during the holidays is an awesome accomplishment!

I'm curious... How often do you all weigh yourself. I've heard that you shouldn't weigh in more than once a week... but it's SO hard not to check every morning! :D

I seen an article on this once, it actually depends on the person. Everyone knows weight goes up and down and some get depressed and eat more while in some it triggers a 'I"ve got to get with it' moment.

I seen an article on this once, it actually depends on the person. Everyone knows weight goes up and down and some get depressed and eat more while in some it triggers a 'I"ve got to get with it' moment.

I'm one of those people who gets discouraged... I admit though... it's hard waiting a week! I usually end up on the scale at least midway through the week. :lol

I know logically that it's not all in vain... but I like to see the numbers on the scale in a steady decline.. so I wait as long as I possibly can to weigh in for the week...

I'm with Tia on this one! I weigh myself every morning, right after my shower. It gives me an idea of how I'm doing...if the scale is up a bit, then I try to really watch what I'm putting in my mouth. I haven't been on it since December 23rd. tho...to scared! :lol

I'm in! I have to lose at least 50 pounds so my doctor will help me get pregnant. (kind of a long story) So my goal is probably going to be about 75. I will keep track until I either lose it all, or I get pregnant, whichever comes first! I have to think about what kind of afghan to do. Not really sure yet....

:lol

The CAL hasn't even officially started yet, and we've got 20 pages of people joining!

That's kind of funny!

Maybe we all need to supplement our crochet hobby with a sport! :lol

I bought my yarn today!

I really don't like Caron One Pounders, but that's what JoAnn's had in the right colors, so that's what I went with. It was also a bit less expensive than what I was hoping to get, so I decided to tough it out. I figured that if I'm only doing a few motifs a week, it won't bug me so much to work with it.

I've lost 13 1/2 lbs before this CAL, so I'll try to get caught up and be ready for my weigh in on Jan 1! I weigh on Thursdays, so I'm just lucky my day falls on the first!

Judy

Edited by happy stitcher