2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Yes. It is the last one on the page. I bought the one in shades of green to match my living room. I think that it is just so pretty.

Renee

Thanks! I updated the list. And I agree, that is a very pretty pattern. Happy crocheting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to do something like this but still haven't decided.

That is exactly the kind of afghan that I was thinking of also but I am not sure if I want to commit to another project that requires all of that putting it together!

I found a Flickr group for hexagons if anyone is interested.

I'm in for the weight loss. I'll post tomorrow how much I want to lose and will let you know when I pick my project!

Edited by Scorpio59

Wow some beautiful choices ....I hadnt thought about motivation to finish up wip's...I wish to switch mine from postage stamp to a rail fence (quilt afghan) I had started and have 2 blocks completed. Is this ok? It's one that is for me personally and I'm doing it in Pink, Purple, grey and white..will post a pic as soon as I can

Oh..for those who asked I found the "artsy afghans" booklet on e-bay

Mary

I love this one!

Theresa, I love that! I'm filing it away to do as a scrapghan.

That IS beautiful...AND I found her blog where she explains the pattern in great detail... here: Hexagon How-To.

Thanks Tia! I saved the instructions! :D

I've been thinking about my weight loss ghan.... I think I'm going to finish that WIP - at least all the motifs. I can easily make the # of motifs I think I need match the number of pounds I want to lose. The thing about it is that once I get those done and lay it out, I may want more, since it's not a set pattern and I'm just winging it. Then I'll still have to stitch them together, but that's OK. I'll have made a lot more progress than leaving it stuck in my closet, anyway.

One hexagon per lb doesn't sound very satisfying to me, however....

So I'm going to do a second ghan, as well. This one is the football afghan from "Annie's Favorite Special Occasions Crochet Projects." It calls for 60 motifs, but I'm going to enlarge it a bit...so I'll have a little prep work on it to get it to the right number of motifs, also. I don't have the yarn for it, though, and I usually get a JoAnn's gift card for Christmas from my MIL, so I'm going to hold out and see if I get the card and use it to buy the yarn. All that to say: I may start a little behind on this one, but I'm sure I can catch up within the first few weeks. This afghan is done in strips, so each time I finish enough for a strip of motifs, I'll go ahead and join them. DH said that he doesn't think I can finish it by football season, and he may be right... but I'll try... and if not, then I'll decide then whether to just finish it or keep going as I've been going. If the football team plays as badly as they did this year, I won't need it! This year the games ended before it got cold! It depends on the weather, too, of course - for example, right now it's 66 F, with the high today being 74. No need for long sleeves, much less an afghan! But when the team plays well and the weather cooperates, it's nice to have an afghan to sit under in the stands! :yes

So that's my plan. :hook

Here is the Blood, Sweat & Tears Afghan I'm working on:

th_Picture028.jpg

Click to enlarge.

As I said previously I'm going to include the few lbs. already lost the last couple months. So I've already started my 'ghan. Since starting this thread, I lost a few more lbs. I've made one row of teardrops and need to make 3 more row, plus 5 drops to catch up. (5 drops per lb. and 5 lbs. per row.)

It was easier than I thought to put them together, but I still need to figure out how to attach a 2nd row. I doubt I'll get any more done on this for another week because of Christmas. But I wanted to get a pic up for you all now before I get too busy, so you can see what I'm doing.

I added your afghan choices happy stitcher. I saw that someone on crochetville posted pics of their football afghan and I added that link so everyone can see it. Is that the same one?

I added your afghan choices happy stitcher. I saw that someone on crochetville posted pics of their football afghan and I added that link so everyone can see it. Is that the same one?

Yep, that's the same pattern!

I'm going to make it in the high school colors, though: purple and white. I'll do the round around the footballs in white, but I may not make it a double row like the pattern. That might be too much white around them....I'm going to have to play with it. I'm also thinking that I'll make the laces on the footballs off-white instead of white. I want them to be obvious, but not exactly the same color as the white in the surrounding stripes.

That's it, though.

OK- I've been giving this a lot of thought today!

In 2009- I want to lose 65 pounds. I've been at 215 for too long now and need to come down to 150. This past week I have been very (very) sick and I think that I dropped a few pounds. I am going to count those towards my goal and I'm thinking that this slight weight loss will motivate me to not overeat during the holidays. I will be home with the kids for 12 days and will have plenty of time to get my act together.

As far as a project goes, I really don't want to do a whole bunch of little motifs. I have my large WIP's pretty much under control right now and wanted to take on some smaller projects in 2009 so I'm not in the market for a new time consuming project (KWIM?)

For me, this needs to be fun, simple and motivating! So I have decided to do the Annie's Mile-A-Minute Afghan.

3122511145_5f93a7a000_o.jpg

One panel for every 5 pounds lost! The afghan calls for 9 panels. That'll take me to 45 pounds lost. I'll do mini projects after I finish the afghan for the rest of the weight loss.

The pattern calls for a G hook. I can't go that small. I'd like to use an I but will use and H instead.

My daughter and I are taking a shopping day over the vacation and I will head to AC Moore or Joanns to get my yarn. I'm thinking a cream and a solid similar to the photo.

I have that photo saved in my flickr account if you want to grab it for a link let me know and I'll pm you the url.

Edited by Scorpio59