2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I managed to lose two pounds since I last posted in this thread. My current goal is no weight gain until end of the year. Last year during the holiday time, I manage to stay on same number. I want to do same thing this year. It will be great if I ever could lose some pounds after the holidays. :yes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Cyber Monday! How was everyone's Thanksgiving/weekend?

We had a good time visiting family. The trip home was a bit icy. That was the day we were going to try and do something for our anniversary, but we just made a bee line for home because of the weather. But we had lots of fun Sat. celebrating our anniversary. We hiked and played miniature golf and had a fine steak dinner (sshh!).

The 1st thing we did Sat. though was drop my bike off at the shop for a tune-up. I should be able to pick it up in a day or two. Can't wait to get back on it....haven't ridden in quite a while....years really. I'm still dancing and that's a fun workout. The scale hasn't moved, so I didn't gain during all the Thanksgiving/anniversary eating. Yay! :cheer

I'd love to join!! I need to lose a lot of weight, especially by the 10 year high school reunion that is coming up June 2010... :( I also need to use up TONS of scrap yarn, so I could probably do both! I can't decide on a pattern, but maybe something like the mindless afghan, or something that I could do each row a different color, and each row could be 1 lb. or something like that... I thought about a 9 square type granny quilt, but I don't know if I want to join all those squares... Would look cool in scraps though! Here's the link to a baby size, but I would make it larger, and each 9 block section would be a different color. Now to look at the pictures of everyone's!!!

Victoria

Ooooh! I like the idea some of you have, that you crochet after you've exercised a lot, like, making so many rows each mile you walk/bike/run. I think I might do that. That way, even if I were to gain some weight back, I know I'm making progress, and I can see how much work I've done already. That might keep me going. :) Ok. Officially, I'm going to make one small square for every mile that I walk/bike. We have a stationary bike, and I can even crochet while biking! :) Maybe after 750 miles/750 squares I will have lost 70 lbs? :) Hey, it's possible!!

Victoria

Go for it! Any exercise is better than none. :yes

I lost one pound after Thanksgiving Day. :D I only have a full serving on my plate, all vegetarian. (I don't eat any meat) I only have a full glass of wine and two tiny slices of pies, pumpkin (wheat free and gluten free, surprisingly good) and sweet potato.

But somehow, I gain several pounds recently when I didn't look. :( I am not sure how it happened. Oh well, I am sticking to my zero gain plan for the holidays and watch what I eat. I am trying to keep active and busy.

Edited by tahlara

Welcome Vickietoria! :hug Glad to have you with us.

I just got my bike back from the shop. It's almost dark here, so just hopped on it for one minute. I could barely ride it! It was funny, hope nobody was watching me. he he. :lol I had to lower the seat just to be able to get on it. ... might need to lower a tiny bit more. It's going to take some getting used to that's for sure.

I think I've decided what to make lol... After a lot of thinking, I would LOVE to get rid of some scraps, but I feel like I want to make a really cool afghan, one that I wouldn't have made for myself otherwise, but one that I'll truly cherish. Anyway, I have a book called something like "Award Winning Afghans" or maybe "Blue Ribbon Afghans" and there is a GORGEOUS blue/white afghan on the front cover. I have the book around here somewhere, but I'm going to make that afghan. The cool thing is that I think there's a CAL for that afghan somewhere here on the 'ville, so there you go. If I have trouble, I'll just go to the CAL! :) I haven't decided how to measure how much I work on it, but I think when I've biked 20 miles, I'll buy the yarn, then go from there. I've gone 8.1 miles, so almost half way there!! It's a stationary bike, so no hills lol, unless I just decide I want to try to go faster or up the difficulty level. Plus, I can watch T.V. while I bike.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Hugs!!!!

Victoria

Hey All,

I'd like to pass this CAL on to someone else. I had thought about starting a new thread on Jan. 1st entitled "2010 Weight Loss Cal". But if somebody else would like to do that, please let me know. I'll be happy to join in with you. I'll finish this particular thread on Dec. 31st.

That's fine with me. I will join in 2010 Weight Loss CAL. My afghan is on hiatus until then. Do you need a co-host ? I don't mind doing it along with you (now or later in 2010).

Hey All,

I'd like to pass this CAL on to someone else. I had thought about starting a new thread on Jan. 1st entitled "2010 Weight Loss Cal". But if somebody else would like to do that, please let me know. I'll be happy to join in with you. I'll finish this particular thread on Dec. 31st.

• 3 weeks later...
I will joining in 2010! I've been looking, found a pattern @ www.happyyellowhouse.com, I am going to make the AROUND THE WORLD CROCHET QUILT. This will be the first big project that I have made for ME! And I do need support with the weight loss. THANK YOU!

Welcome to Crochetville! :hug:welcome

I really hope someone starts a new thread Jan. 1st. I will join, I'm just not up to hosting a CAL right now. It's been a really stressful year and I promised myself I would find ways to make life simpler this year.

btw that happyyellowhouse site is great isn't it? If this CAL isn't continued, there is a happyyellowhouse cal you can join.

I'm sort of new - I only have made some baby afghans. Could someone give me some suggestions on patterns? I want something fairly easy - but something I will look at and remember all my hard work.... whatcha think?

ok, this is a really cool idea. I'm intrigued...and would love to join in if you don't mind.

Hello and welcome to Crochetville! :hug Hopefully someone will start a new cal for 2010 that you can join. Unfortunately I will be closing this one on the 31st.

Hello and welcome to Crochetville! :hug Hopefully someone will start a new cal for 2010 that you can join. Unfortunately I will be closing this one on the 31st.

ok, sounds good. I'll be on the look out!

• 10 years later...

I have been doing a continous granny square blanket change colour every 7lbs so far ive done to 3 stone which is what ive lost so far since going back to slimming world im doing 7 rounds per colour