2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I lost 5 pounds this week! :cheer

For the excerise being fun, I walk a lot, usually on different routes around downtown or marina. I didn't do orienteering yet because of my flu cold. I did yoga daily at home. I taped an hour worth of yoga tv shows. Each yoga show have its own style of yoga and themes.

Few weeks ago, I try to attend different festivals. Often, they are crowded which make me walk a lot. One festival was so crowded that I was forced to walk in shorter paces for blocks. My thighs love it! I usually walk from one end to another, one side at a time (a full round trip).

I went to the gym few times when my guests were here. They are gym fanatics. We went to different locations of same gym. Each gym is different, different classes and sometimes a pool is available. I should try to do it at least once per week.

I guess another thing is getting in the habit of doing something active during the weekend, preferably with family/friends in a group setting.

Ex: Walking/running, volunteering, going to an apple farm where people can climb and pick out apples from trees, hayrides, getting involved in some kind of sports/activities or a deep cleaning day where everybody do their chores at same time! Dog walking is good, at a dog park or anywhere that allow dogs to roam free.

I don't have Wii or anything like that. I live in an apartment where I can't afford to make a lot of noises like jumping. So, I tried to do things outsdoor or make my house chores fun. :lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, it feel great after weeks of a cursed plateau. :lol

I see that my weight is fluctuating a bit today. I am okay with it. I am sure it will be better soon.

See ya all next week, I will visit my parents this weekend. :waving

Thanks for the suggestions, Tahlara. I need to be more conscientious about getting exercise in, but I know very well that I won't actually DO it unless I find a way to make it enjoyable. So this is very helpful. I'll try out at least one suggestion this weekend and report back on the results. :-)

I must admit, though, that I don't know anyone whose idea of fun is to go around to different gyms. So I think that particular avenue of fun is closed to me at this time. ;-) Maybe not forever, though...

I never thought of going to a gym until my guests introduced me to Bally's few years ago. :lol

It's a way to ease boredom of gym routines, I suppose. It's something to get used over time. I don't go to the gym myself but they open my eyes to some possibilities if it's rainy and cold outside, etc.

I will be back next weekend with my own report. :) My parents told me they do have some fun activities/events they want to do, as it is Colombus Day weekend.

My favorite ways to exercise are hiking, climbing trees and cranking the tunes while I boogie around the house!

Climbing trees is my favorite, though.

Things I Have Learned While Climbing Trees.

You are never too old to do it.:yay

People will look at you funny if you tell them you climb trees, especially if you are over 50.

Good footwear is a must.

You are higher up than you think you are.

The route down is never the same as the route up and you usually get down faster. Sometimes a LOT faster!

It's rather quiet in this thread, so I bumped it up. :lol

I don't do much exercise lately because of my constant irritating coughs. But good news is....

I finally work on my tiles! :lol (3 tiles, 19 tiles to go) I will do about 5 tiles per day. My weight seem about the same. I will give an update next time I do the weight-in. :)

Yes it has been quiet. Sorry about that. I opened a booth at a mini-mall/warehouse and have been madly making things to put in there for sale. Mostly wintery stuff like scarves and hats a couple lapghans and baby afghans, oh and some dishcloths. Nothing Christmassy yes, but I should start to think along those lines. Any suggestions?

Okay i need to rant big time! :angry My hubby just called me and now I've decided to close down my booth. :(

I had mentioned to the managers that I wanted to sell hand spun yarn there, but that it might take me a while to get to that point and asked about selling crocheted and knitted stuff there in the meantime. She said it was okay.

Now today my hubby goes in there to put more stuff in the booth and she tells him he can't do that...that she's let me 'slide' for two months, and wants me to only bring in my handspun yarn!!! wth!!

I'm so mad right now I'd better stop now. Bottom line is I told hubby to go ahead and give 30 days notice there.

Only good news is I seem to have sold one of my afghans.

:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

Awww, I am sorry it happened to you. Did you have a contract with the manager ? I assume it listed things that you are allowed to sell. If so, you are good there.

Use up 30 days at the booth when you can. The afghan sold is a good sign! :hug

I did 5 tiles yesterday but I will do another 5 tiles later today. I did a lot of hilly sidewalk walking today, which counts as an exercise day. :D

See ya all on Tuesday (My weight-in scale day).

All of those weeks I weighed the scale was way off. Since the scale was on the carpet. I thought it was too good to be true I lost that much weight. Anyway I have been on Weight Watchers now for 6 weeks. I lost 8 pounds in that time. My 6th week was the first time I gained which was .2 pounds.

I still have 100 pounds to loose. I need to catch up on my afghan.:thair

I have also decided to work on another afghan to represent my exercise habits. I will be doing the Blood, Sweat & Tears afghan to chart my exercise habits. Each teardrop will represent 10 minutes of exercise. At least this way I will have a blanket that can chart my exercise habit and a blanket that charts my weight loss.

Crystal, way to go with the loss! I think it's good to lost weight very slow. It look like the body is adjusting to the loss itself. I believe it's normal to have .2 gain as long as the weight is gradually going downward.

I would love to see the blankets when they are done or in progress. :yes

Update: I decide to check my scale today. I found out I lost 2 more pounds! :cheer I still want to check the scale tomorrow, to make it official.

It make 25 tiles total. I did 15 tiles so far. I think I will finish it by tomorrow then put it aside for a while.

See you tomorrow. :)

Wow, :eek glad to hear somebody was inspired by my Blood, Sweat & Tears pattern. I never finished mine. When you finish yours, I'd love to have a pic of it!

I have also decided to work on another afghan to represent my exercise habits. I will be doing the Blood, Sweat & Tears afghan to chart my exercise habits. Each teardrop will represent 10 minutes of exercise. At least this way I will have a blanket that can chart my exercise habit and a blanket that charts my weight loss.

Just today, I discovered I lost another 4 pounds. I think it might be a temporary drop. I will see how I do tomorrow. I really hope it's permanent! :lol

I have 10 more tiles that reflect my previous weight loss and exercise days. I am not going to count current 4 pounds loss until it's real.

I plan to work on the weight loss afghan tonight, trying to finish 10 tiles. :yes

Hi Everyone! Well, I have been sick for what feels like forever and just realized how long it has been since I have posted anything at all on here. I am still following my "non-diet" and have now lost 25.2 pounds. It was exactly nine weeks today. :clap

Unfortunately, between feeling like crap and a great deal of stress that I have been under the last week, my motivation is waning. I am trying very hard to hang in there but... well, you know how it is, I get depressed and just can't seem to remember why I am doing it.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who is sticking to their plan and doing well. I am still here :cheer you on!!!

Hi there, I was sick with chronic brochnititis. My weight look about the same. I am taking a break from the dieting while I recover. :)

With my chest congestion, I can't exercise either.

I will be back when things are better. The blanket is on the hiatus for now. :)

Christine, that's awesome! I lost about ten pounds since I joined this thread. :yes

I've been battling a cold/bronchitis a couple weeks myself. Still coughing, haven't been able to exercise. I'm afraid to get on the scale. :(

Hope everyone feels better soon!

I am close to be all recovered. :) So far, I see that I gain a pound. I am going to watch what I eat.

The blanket is on hiatus as usual until I can add more tiles. I have no new tiles to add.

Here is the photo: I did add ten tiles after I took this photo. 2nd row is near done. Next color should be green for 3rd row.

post-10687-135897469059_thumb.jpg

I just finished hiking an avalanche chute to the 6000' elevation. Snow and high winds didn't allow us to linger long and enjoy the view. Did I say hiking? Rock scrambling!

How many calories did THAT burn??

Tia, any time you are out this way, I'll take you up!

How much calories burned ? I have no idea! I bet it's awesome. :yes Did you took some pictures ?

I just finished hiking an avalanche chute to the 6000' elevation. Snow and high winds didn't allow us to linger long and enjoy the view. Did I say hiking? Rock scrambling!

Tia, any time you are out this way, I'll take you up!

Oooo! May have to take you up on that one! :lol I'm feel much better too. Still afraid to weigh myself. When you're too sick to cook, you just grab stuff. :blush

I have same problem with getting sick part. I grab food and I didn't pay attention how much I eat during the day.

In fact, I think I gain few more pounds. :( Only tomorrow, the scale will tell me.