2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I just did two hours walking at the marina, right next to the ocean. I am thinking about trying the different area tomorrow. The marina have a lot of miles for the walking trail along the ocean side.

I will try to do an hour of yoga later. I am working on the daily routine where I can been active in many various forms. For now, I can do daily yoga and weekend hiking/walking. I should get back to daily walking habit. I live in downtown area. I have no excuse to drive anywhere. Most of my errands are just several blocks away. :blush

Do you ever add an exercise point for the deep cleaning days (or any chores that is a lot of work) such as oven cleaning or windows washing ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just write up the cleaning/declutter chores for each room. I find it rather overwhelming. So many things to do! I think I will try to break it down into reasonable tasks. It really look like an exercise regime! :lol

Welcome! :hug I'm off to bed now, was just about to turn off the computer. I'll add you to the list first chance I get.

Hi all! I would like to join this CAL if it is okay. I could really use the support and motivation.

Wednesday when I began my diet I weighed in at my highest ever weight, a whopping 302 pounds. :eek My goal weight is 135 pounds so I need to lose 167 pounds.

With this new diet I have lost, in the last three days, 6.4 pounds! :clap

I want to do this afghan. http://www.*********************/crochet/scrofbea.html Now I can kill 2 birds with one stone... stash-busting and fat-busting!!! :rofl

I am going to do 1 row for each pound I lose until it gets to big. Then I will come up with another project!

:yestahlara - Good for you on getting out and walking the marina!:clap I used to live aboard and marinas are so much fun to explore. I miss the sound of the rigging in the masts.

Here are a couple of tricks that have helped me to stay motivated with my hiking.

First, I was honest with myself about my physical state and started out slowly. I got a timer I could wear around my neck, set it for ten minutes and off I went. As soon as it went off, I turned around and headed home. That way I didn't try to do too much to start with and get discouraged.

Secondly, I don't focus on the walking, I focus on what there is to see, what is new and different, how the air smells and whatever it takes to keep my mind off of how far I still need to go. Each time we go out there is something I didn't notice before. Going to different places instead of the same place every time is another great way to keep it interesting.

I really need to get off my duff and order the pattern for the Winter Drems capelet. I can't wait to get started on it!

Thank you for the encouragement, Kellie! I tend to tune out while I walk. Each time I went to the marina, it's always different yet it's same.

My legs are still achy. So I will do an hour of yoga stretches today. I will do the dining room today. :yes

Welcome to the CAL! Tia can give you some suggestions about how it works in this CAL. Please let us know what you plan for the afghan. We are here for you. :cheer

I'm interested in giving this a try. Are people doing one row/unit per pound? How does it work?

I have a lot of pounds to lose, a little less than KnK. I'm confident I can do it, but I might as well take every opportunity to keep myself motivated. ;-)

Last night on "Ruby", they had a Women's Fat Night meeting, and each woman told something she's doing to lose weight. One woman said she learned to crochet, and she's making one square for each 5 lbs she loses! I was so excited! I thought, "Somebody needs to tell her about Crochetville!" :lol Then of course I thought, "Maybe she's already here!!!" Judith, if you're in this CAL, let us know! ;)

Stitchaywoman, you can do whatever will fit your pattern....1, 2, 3, 4, etc rows per lb, one square per 5 lbs; whatever you want. If you have a lot to lose, you'll want something that keeps you encouraged along the way. So you can decide if you'll feel more encouraged by making something for each lb, or for each several lbs lost. Choose your pattern accordingly. :welcome to the CAL!

Welcome! :hug

We are really laid back here, we do what works for US. Some do rows, some do squares. The title is weight loss AFGHAN, but you can make whatever you want. You decide according to your pattern how many rows/squares you make to represent the number of lbs. lost. Some are even making exercise 'ghans to help motivate them to workout/walk etc.

We are glad to have you join in! Let me know what pattern(s) you choose and I'll add that to the list. Now, I'll go add your name down. Happy pattern hunting!

I'm interested in giving this a try. Are people doing one row/unit per pound? How does it work?

I have a lot of pounds to lose, a little less than KnK. I'm confident I can do it, but I might as well take every opportunity to keep myself motivated. ;-)

Good evening all. Tomorrow's Friday!!! :woo

How are everone's projects going? I've been searching for a baby sweater pattern to learn on, and I think I've found the sweater that I eventually want to knit for myself. But I haven't looked at everything and I'll probably change my mind several times over the next several weeks.

I took my spinning wheel apart somewhat to try and put a 2nd treadle on it. Having a tougher time than I thought. :think

That's awesome about "Ruby". I don't have the channel, Style on my basic cable. What is the show about ?

I did some yoga this week. Also, I lost three lbs this week. Look like my plateau is broken. :D

For tiles, I have like 6 tiles to add to the afghan. It's rather warm outside so I will wait more until I can add more tiles to it. :yes

Congrats to everyone on their hard work and awesome weight loss!!! :clap :clap :clap

Another four pounds down for me this morning bringing my weight loss total on this new diet to 10.4 pounds in the ten days I have been on it.:clap

Now I have to get to :crocheting and add those four rows to this beautiful "cuddle blanket" I am making for me and Sawyer. (As Mommy's lap gets less cuddly, our blanket gets more cuddly. :lol It's great!!!)

You go, girl! I assume the diet is from the doctor's recommendation as it seem like it's working well for you. :yes

Another four pounds down for me this morning bringing my weight loss total on this new diet to 10.4 pounds in the ten days I have been on it.:clap

You can do it! From what I heard, WW is a great support system of its own. :)

Well, I am finally going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday. This will be my second & last time joining. I am determined to get lifetime membership.

You go, girl! I assume the diet is from the doctor's recommendation as it seem like it's working well for you. :yes

You can do it! From what I heard, WW is a great support system of its own. :)

I probably shouldn't admit this but I have not involved the doctor in this at all. My health was getting so bad and all the doc would say is "you need to lose weight", but he gave me no suggestions on how to go about it and I am not a candidate for surgery sooooo... I was reading a magazine and found a life change that seems to be really working for me. :yay

I know that I don't belong here, but I was lurking in the background, and I read about someone joining weight watchers. I have to say that I highly recommend that program. I joined last December, and I've now lost 60 pounds. I should make my goal weight this evening.

I wish I had found you guys a long time ago because this is just an awesome idea. I wish you all well.

Alicia

Hi Alicia! Anybody is welcome to post here. And it's not too late to join us! This is on-going, some joined just a couple days ago. We'll start a new thread at the beginning of the year. Probably will just call it 2010 Weight Loss Cal, since it's not required that you do an afghan...any pattern will do.

I know that I don't belong here, but I was lurking in the background, and I read about someone joining weight watchers. I have to say that I highly recommend that program. I joined last December, and I've now lost 60 pounds. I should make my goal weight this evening.

I wish I had found you guys a long time ago because this is just an awesome idea. I wish you all well.

Alicia

I am glad that it works for you, Christine. :yes

I am sooo bad about my exercise. :sigh I don't know why I don't want to exercise. How can I fire up my accountability for exercise ?

I know I have good eating habits. I notice after few days of a daily hourly session of yoga, I got in good shape and lost a lot of weight. I am not sure why I stopped. :shrug

Alicia

Congrats! I hope the weigh-in was all you hoped it would be!