2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Wow!! you are just cooking on the cats afghan, Julie!:eek I can't believe that you are more than a third of the way done already!

Oh, I started before I posted abut it, don't worry! I do well to get 3-4 rows done on that monkey in a day- I have a houseful of kids and just don't get that much time to work on a graphgahn that big! Nope, no speed demon here! :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rofl I always have that problem with my jeans. :heehee

Okay, I guess the weight loss is starting to be real. My underwear keeps falling down!:eek

Welcome to the thread! I am using my afghan for weight loss, exercise and long term weight maintence. My afghan have so many tiles. :lol I really like the Kaleidoscope afghan.. :yes

oooo guys, i am so tempted to give this one a shot...

I just have a facination for the Kaleidoscope 'ghan.

So here is my tentative plan: I need to set myself a goal. Is anyone else using this CAL as an exercize challenge?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kaleidoscope-7/people

My update: I did four more days of exercise. I expect to do two more days as my health freak guests are still here. :rofl

I check my weight on mom's scale other day. It said I lost 1 pound. I want to wait until my weight-in day. I feel more comfortable with my scale.

I think I will work on the afghan later this week. I plan to finish 2 squares first. I am still on the second row of the afghan.

Yay! Two days of exercize, two hexes for my Kaleidoscope! I really like the way the colors are going to play together. I have about 40 different colors, mostly in blues and greens, purples, burgundies, with cornmeal, gold and carrot for a little pop. I am edging each hex with aran (which I am also putting in the mix), but I am only doing sc to make the border between the motifs a bit tighter. OOO it's gonna be purty! And ya know what? It is working- I caught myself thinking, "I need to walk tomorrow so I can do another one with that yellow..." teehee!

It's so beautiful! :)

I got a mild case of sinus cold. So I spent the whole day resting up. I am not in right mindset to work on weight loss afghan. So I try to finish up a LTK square, 1 repeat to go.

The afghan is tunsian crochet and it will take me some time to work one a tile at a time.

So here is my tentative plan: I need to set myself a goal. Is anyone else using this CAL as an exercize challenge? I'm considering treating myself for pedometer benchmarks or time spent walking... hmm, gotta think on this one.

After you think about it awhile, you'll have the aha! moment where the project and the goal match up. For me, after reviewing my stash and realizing I had a very large amount of worsted-weight yarn in greens, blues, and purples, I decided to just do a chevron-stitch afghan and improvise the color changes as I go. I calculated doing a row per pound I lose until I hit my goal. Since I have a lot of weight to lose, that will work out. For someone with less weight to lose, going with motifs would probably work better.

Edit -- I hadn't read long enough on the thread -- your project looks beautiful! Perfect -- if you love it you'll be motivated to finish it.

Thanks ladies! :hug

I think I am gonna love this 'ghan. I wound up going for a walk last night after dark in the rain just to get another motif done! I think doing the pedometer challenge was definitely the right move for me, and the instant gratification and tangible reward is a perfect combination. Fun!

Hi everyone! My weight loss is up to 18.3 pounds now. :cheer Even better, I have lost 1-2 dress sizes!!! :clap I am so excited to be wearing some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!!! I am going to work on my afghan tonight during the biggest loser and will try to post a picture tomorrow of what I have done so far. :c9

Christine - That's great! :clap

I finished a LTK square, already working on another. I am resting up all day while my guests explore the area. A lot of crafting time for me. :D

I planned to watch Biggest Loser tonight as well. :yes

Hi everyone! My weight loss is up to 18.3 pounds now. :cheer Even better, I have lost 1-2 dress sizes!!! :clap I am so excited to be wearing some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!!! I am going to work on my afghan tonight during the biggest loser and will try to post a picture tomorrow of what I have done so far. :c9

Good work! Keep it up! Success is a great motivator, isn't it?

Your wish is my command, darling.....

Beautiful!

Awesome, way to go! :yay

I don't do any exercise much this week. I was supposed to start the orienteering this weekend. But I got hit by a flu cold earlier this week. Instead, I have to take it easy this weekend. Maybe, I will do an easy walk at the marina tomorrow or Sunday.

I have one more repeat on the second LTK square. Once it's done, I plan to work on weight loss afghan this weekend. :D

Edited by tahlara

Hope you feel better soon!

I don't do any exercise much this week. I was supposed to start the orienteering this weekend. But I got hit by a flu cold earlier this week. Instead, I have to take it easy this weekend. Maybe, I will do an easy walk at the marina tomorrow or Sunday.

I have one more repeat on the second LTK square. Once it's done, I plan to work on weight loss afghan this weekend. :D

Just a quick update... I have now lost 20.8 pounds as of this morning. It will be 6 weeks tomorrow since I started this "non-diet, new way of life". :clap Not bad for 6 weeks...

Can't wait for The Biggest Loser tonight!!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying success this week! :cheer

Christie! That is amazing!! Holy Cow, that is some quick weight loss.

It is great to see another Mama of many here- I have five kids, ages 18, 12, 10, 8, and 7. It's a great life, isn't it? :)

Well, I got the first glove done for hubby yesterday, and the wool is much thicker than I had thought it would be (from a recycled sweater). Hmph. Well, I hope to finish the other one today anyway, and know that at least he will be warm.:) I need to get my fanny moving and o walkies tonight fer sure!

Way to go, Christine! I am glad it works well for you. :)

My update: I lost two pounds since I start my gradually vegetarian diet recently. I also take daily vitamins, one per day, starting yesterday. I used to be a nearby vegan for two years. I was a vegetarian for four years total.

I was in my best shape/weight in my 20's. What get me back to meat is doctor's orders to eat animal protein, along with plant protein. Recently, I found out there are another ways to get around animal protein/latcose intolerance. Why not going back to vegetarianism if it worked for me in the past ? :yes

I didn't do my weight loss afghan. I was distracted by the LTK stuff. :blush I have three more squares to do though. Anyone ever work on their afghan (or weight loss project, any kind) ?

The scale keeps inching downward. I'm not so sure the weight loss isn't from the tumor shrinking but, hey, I'll take what I can get!

Now it is time to ignore the scale and concentrate on making the jiggly fat areas smaller. Time for physical activity..

How do other people make exercising fun?

:cheer Yay! That's great to hear. About fun ways to exercise - I think dancing to my Dance Dance Revolution Game (Playstation 2) is a lot of fun. Or just put on some good music. If I had a good place to do it, and my bike was in good working order, I think it would be good fun to go bike riding. Hiking is fun if it's not too strenuous, especially in the spring when the flowers are in bloom or when the fall colors are out. Swimming is fun, wish I had a good place to do that all year 'round. Playing ball with my cat is fun. (I end up chasing the ball as much as he does). And when I cook I try to do as much my hand as possible...so my veggie chopper, hand mixer, blender and food processor don't get used very much.

The scale keeps inching downward. I'm not so sure the weight loss isn't from the tumor shrinking but, hey, I'll take what I can get!

Now it is time to ignore the scale and concentrate on making the jiggly fat areas smaller. Time for physical activity..

How do other people make exercising fun?