2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mother said same thing when my father was away on business trips. :lol I feel the same way. My family is full of Italian foodies. My mother feel more comfortable eating alone. She can watch what she eat. She have diabetes type 1 since she was a little child.

My weight is still the same. :sigh I went out to do deep house cleaning for a friend twice last week. I am not sure what's wrong with me. :shrug

Nothing wrong with you at all. Seems like I stuck at one weight forever even with upping my exercise and changing my eating. I noticed the pants were getting looser but the scale didn't drop below that mark. I didn't know what was wrong with me but one day I was down four pounds. Inched down to the next ten pound mark, stuck there forever, upped my exercise some more, stayed the same weight, got frustrated and a few days later I was down three pounds. Now I am stuck halfway in between the ten pound mark, but my rings are very, very loose, pants are even looser yet and the scale IS NOT MOVING!!:blush

Just don't give up, don't expect overnight results and do come here when you need support and encouragement.:yes

Edited by KellieD
Spelling correction

Nothing wrong with you at all. Seems like I stuck at one weight forever even with upping my exercise and changing my eating. I noticed the pants were getting looser but the scale didn't drop below that mark. I didn't know what was wrong with me but one day I was down four pounds. Inched down to the next ten pound mark, stuck there forever, upped my exercise some more, stayed the same weight, got frustrated and a few days later I was down three pounds. Now I am stuck halfway in between the ten pound mark, but my rings are very, very loose, pants are even looser yet and the scale IS NOT MOVING!!:blush

Just don't give up, don't expect overnight results and do come here when you need support and encouragement.:yes

just remember muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue so even though you are getting skinnier you aren't losing because you are gaining good muscle tissue while shrinking the fat cells

Thank you for the encouragement! I went through same thing before. I simply forgot how it was like building up muscle mass under fat layer.

I have like 7 tiles to go... I am going to work on the afghan when I reach about 15 tiles or so. I should work on it by next week. :D

Hi, how is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm super busy trying to establish a business selling my own handspun yarn.

I've been doing some exercising, but really haven't lost anything in a while. I need to kick it up at notch (or two!). I wonder how many calories you burn while spinning :think:lol.

I did like three days of exercise. I didn't check the scale yet.

Today, I took a whole day off - sinus cold, migraines and time of the month's first day attacked me at once. Things should be better by tomorrow or so.

I watched the first episode of Biggest Loser's season 8. It should be an interesting season. It motivates me to keep up with my weight loss. :yes

I will be back next week with updates. I have to visit parents for a couple of days, starting tomorrow. :waving

Hi, how was everyone's weekend? Dh and I went to a picnic on Sat. and I didn't eat any hot dogs or hamburgers....just some side dishes, and maybe a little too much dessert :blush. But overall I didn't do too badly. I left there hungry and went to bed hungry. And I made up for all that by eating exceptionally well on Sunday. So I actually lost one lb. this weekend!

I got a large order of fiber in yesterday and will be spinning a lot this week. That should burn some calories!

I just got home from a long weekend. I did a lot of walking with parents in locations such as golden gate park (two different sections of the whole park), mall, huge museum, and the beach. They tend to do excessive walking during the weekends.

I add up three days of exercise. I will do the weight-in tomorrow. In October, I will start up the orienteering weekends with my father. We are the members of BAOC, "Bay Area Orienteering Club". They do the hiking, mostly in the state parks in the bay area. They have the timed events where people use compass and map to find the certain flags within good time. It's fun. :yes They usually offer one day event each weekend except for summers and winter holidays. I did orienteering for two years. I can't wait!

If you are interesting in orienteering, here is a good resource website for US-based orienteering.

http://www.us.orienteering.org/

Click on the 'Clubs' on the left column, then go from there. It will go to a USA map with red dots on it. It's easy to navigate to find a nearest location and the contact info. :)

Day 28 of my "non-diet" and I have now lost 14.6 pounds!!! :clap

I am way behind on getting rows done on our "cuddle blanket". Hoping to find some time to work on that today.

Hope everyone else is doing AWESOME!!!

Have a great one!

Woo-hoo! You go, Christine! :cheer

I saw that I only lose 1/2 pound. I am okay with it. This week will be crazy, a lot of running around. Today and tomorrow, I have to get the place ready for the guests. Then my guests who are health freaks will stay with me for almost a week. I always lose some pounds after their stay. :lol

1/2 a lb. is a 1/2 a lb.! Keep it up!

Woo-hoo! You go, Christine! :cheer

I saw that I only lose 1/2 pound. I am okay with it. This week will be crazy, a lot of running around. Today and tomorrow, I have to get the place ready for the guests. Then my guests who are health freaks will stay with me for almost a week. I always lose some pounds after their stay. :lol

oooo guys, i am so tempted to give this one a shot...

I am leery of jumping back on the weightloss bandwagon since I have a tendency to try and reform every area of my life at once, get overwhelmed, then throw in the towel! I haven't gained in a long time, but here I sit with at least 70# holding me back from making other changes that are necessary- you all know how it goes!

I also have a 'ghan that I have been eyeballing for quite awhile that has a tendency to get bumped off the list for one reason or another. I just have a facination for the Kaleidoscope 'ghan.

So here is my tentative plan: I need to set myself a goal. Is anyone else using this CAL as an exercize challenge? I'm considering treating myself for pedometer benchmarks or time spent walking... hmm, gotta think on this one. Meanwhile, I can organize my lovely scraps and the frustration of not being able to get started on stitching will spur me out the door!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kaleidoscope-7/people

tahlara

I saw that I only lose 1/2 pound. I am okay with it. This week will be crazy, a lot of running around. Today and tomorrow, I have to get the place ready for the guests. Then my guests who are health freaks will stay with me for almost a week. I always lose some pounds after their stay.

Way to go with the 1/2 pound!!! :cheer

KellieD

Okay, I guess the weight loss is starting to be real. My underwear keeps falling down!

stitchaywoman

Congrats! I'm having the same problem with my pants.

I feel for both of you!!! Having similar problems here myself!!! :lol

Julie B in WA

I am leery of jumping back on the weightloss bandwagon since I have a tendency to try and reform every area of my life at once, get overwhelmed, then throw in the towel! I haven't gained in a long time, but here I sit with at least 70# holding me back from making other changes that are necessary- you all know how it goes!

I also have a 'ghan that I have been eyeballing for quite awhile that has a tendency to get bumped off the list for one reason or another. I just have a facination for the Kaleidoscope 'ghan.

So here is my tentative plan: I need to set myself a goal. Is anyone else using this CAL as an exercize challenge? I'm considering treating myself for pedometer benchmarks or time spent walking... hmm, gotta think on this one. Meanwhile, I can organize my lovely scraps and the frustration of not being able to get started on stitching will spur me out the door!

:clap for the exercise ghan!!! You can do it!!!

As for me, day 31 and I am down 16.3 pounds total! :yay

Congrats everyone! I gotta get :crocheting Have a great Friday!!!

Welcome Julie! :hug Yes, some of us are doing exercising 'ghans. Great minds think alike! :lol I will add you to the list.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kaleidoscope-7/people

Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

Well, I hit my pedometer goal two days in a row, and I am certain today will make three. Yipee! I get to go stash diving! I was gifted an amazing stash a few years ago, and much of it was tiny little golf ball sized ends. I have made five scrapghans plus my daughter has pilfered for doll and stuffie clothes, but I am still using it up. Of course, I also have plenty of my own scraps to add, because I find it almost impossible to make a scrap 'ghan without buying just a few skeins to round out the color profile, doncha know!

My day is jam packed and I don't know if my back is up to rooting through my stash today, but as soon as I get it sorted I'll post a picture. (I know how to earn points around here!)