2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Bad news, I gained two more pounds. :(

I will be around to cheer you on while I keep up with watching what I eat.

I decide to keep the weight loss afghan on hiatus until I finish up xmas gifts.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel better now. I will try to be more active and eat less amount of food per meal. I'm trying to stick to vegetarian diet. It's not easy as I eat more starch and dairy lately.

See ya next week, we will see what the scale say on the weight-in day. :)

Hi all!

I know I haven't been here much, but I've been lurking :lurk now and then....

I'm getting ready to start a new plan, according to the book The Metabolism Miracle.

Has anybody tried this? I'm definitely a carb-fiend, and I recognize myself in the description of people with "Metabolism B" so I think I could really benefit from this.

I just wondered if any of you have tried it, and if so, what you think.

Hi all!

I know I haven't been here much, but I've been lurking :lurk now and then....

I'm getting ready to start a new plan, according to the book The Metabolism Miracle.

Has anybody tried this? I'm definitely a carb-fiend, and I recognize myself in the description of people with "Metabolism B" so I think I could really benefit from this.

I just wondered if any of you have tried it, and if so, what you think.

Hmmm, no I haven't heard of that book. I like my share of carbs too! And have fallen in love with whole gain/multigrain cereals, sandwich bread and pastas.

Let us know how that plan works for you.

Teresa, I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm kind of just gearing up right now....the first eight weeks are kind of strict, and I'm not sure I wouldn't just have to keep re-starting with the holidays upon us like they are.

I got some news today! Remember how I've complained about my knees, and said that the last Dr I went to attributed all my pain to arthritis? He told me to stay off of them or I'd need more than one knee replacement in my lifetime. He was just so full of bad news....but the more I thought about what he said, the more I thought he was wrong. So I went to another Dr for a second opinion and requested an MRI. The MRI results came back today, and I have torn cartilage in both knees. I doubt anybody has ever been more relieved to learn they've got torn cartilage! This, at least, is a problem we can work with. THIS is something that once it is conquered will allow me to move again....even REQUIRE me to move again. The pain is NOT all arthritis like the first Dr said. There is a little bit of arthritis, but NOT enough to cause the pain I've been having for years now.

So yes, I'm relieved to have torn cartilage! :rofl

I have to go back to see him on the 20th to discuss my options. I know it means surgery, but I'm so tired of being in pain that I don't mind.

I also don't hear about the metabolism book. I am sure it will be an interesting read. I read some reviews on the amazon link for this book. It's nice to know this book appeal to vegetarians like me. I will see if I can pick it up when I am in a bookstore next time. :)

I am glad that you got some answers about the knees. Hang in there. I will love to hear your progress, health and diet. :)

I'm back to exercising. Either raking leaves or playing my Dance Dance Revolution game. Maybe dh and I will go hiking this weekend.

I won't post any weight loss until I'm back down to where I was...which might take me a couple weeks. :blush

I'll just talk about my exercising. I should start an exercise project. A pair of socks. For every 200 cal burned or 2 miles hiked, I'll work on my socks for 10 min.

Today I've already burned 133 cal and I'm not finished yet. Break over...time to do some more dancing. :elle

Good idea, Tia.

I am more active than usual, mostly walking. I eat in smaller portions, all vegetarian. But I have to say I am not really doing things like heavy exercise such as hiking.

I don't know how to count calories burned, etc. I also saw two different exercise regimes which is similar to wii. They only use plugin on the tv where a person can stand on the 'pad' to do exercises. I don't know if they are worth 50-60 bucks. I saw them in CVS and Walgreen's. :shrug

Good idea, Tia.

I am more active than usual, mostly walking. I eat in smaller portions, all vegetarian. But I have to say I am not really doing things like heavy exercise such as hiking.

I don't know how to count calories burned, etc. I also saw two different exercise regimes which is similar to wii. They only use plugin on the tv where a person can stand on the 'pad' to do exercises. I don't know if they are worth 50-60 bucks. I saw them in CVS and Walgreen's. :shrug

See in my signature the link for caloriesperhour.com? You can use that to look up activities...hundreds it seems. You enter your weight, look up the activity and it tells you how many calories burned per hour.

Thanks for the tip! I will look it up when I am home. I am currently out of town.

See in my signature the link for caloriesperhour.com? You can use that to look up activities...hundreds it seems. You enter your weight, look up the activity and it tells you how many calories burned per hour.

I have to confess that my weight loss afghan has been languishing in a tote bag for 3 or 4 months. (I haven't lost any weight either) It's time to get back to work on both projects, the weight loss and the afghan.

You are not alone, my weight loss afghan is completely abandoned, don't even WANT to finish it. I gained back several lbs. and almost gave up. I'm just concentrating on exercising now and trying to eat more fresh produce.

I really was looking forward to seeing the shocked look on my mom's face when she comes to visit this Christmas. (Haven't told her I lost anything.) Now I don't know if she'll even notice. :(

I've worked out every day for several days now. I feel pretty confident I can lose several lbs. by Christmas, just not as much as I wanted. But that's okay, I can't let set backs do me in...got to keep trying!

My afghan hasn't even been started yet. I had every intention at the beginning of the year to work on it and myself, but... it just never happened. However, now I AM going to go out and buy myself some pretty yarn and find a NEW pattern and start again since I have managed to lose 40 lbs in the last couple of months. I guess I just needed to kick myself in the butt and I just didn't have the willpower before. Although I have been at the same weight for a few weeks now. I keep seeming to lose and then stay a couple of weeks and then lose again! So, now since I still have 100 lbs to go (or a bit more than that) I can't decide how many lbs/square I should do!

My afghan hasn't even been started yet. I had every intention at the beginning of the year to work on it and myself, but... it just never happened. However, now I AM going to go out and buy myself some pretty yarn and find a NEW pattern and start again since I have managed to lose 40 lbs in the last couple of months. I guess I just needed to kick myself in the butt and I just didn't have the willpower before. Although I have been at the same weight for a few weeks now. I keep seeming to lose and then stay a couple of weeks and then lose again! So, now since I still have 100 lbs to go (or a bit more than that) I can't decide how many lbs/square I should do!

Congratulations on the weight loss!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Its a great start!

Went on a fourteen mile hike in a drenching all day downpour yesterday. that HAS TO be worth something!!

The best part of the hike is when the deer chased my dog!:lol

Wow! Way to go...I couldn't do fourteen miles...the longest I've done is nearly 8. Keep it up!

Yay! That's great news. :yay:yay:yay

I was doing great with my exercising....using the Dance Dance Revolution game everyday. But then my tummy was upset for several days and I had to stop dancing. I feel better now, but gained back everything I lost last week. :(

And now Thanksgiving is upon us. I'll be doing laundry, cleaning and packing today. (Already been to work and back.) I'll try to get some dancing in if I can. We're going to my SIL's for a couple days. See you when I get back.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!! :ttalk

Oh, and our 10th anniversary is Friday! :yay

I've walked 36 miles since November 2nd. Surely it will all make a difference soon!

When I was weighing myself daily I noticed the weight going down slowly. We moved the scale to a different part of the room, I stopped weighing daily. Got on the scale this morning.:eek YIKES!! I really DID NOT want that weight back!!:angry

My goal is to come out on the other side of the holidays weighing less than I went into them at. I don't care if it is just by a pound! that's my goal and I'm sticking to it.:yes