2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome site! I did alright at the family gathering. I had two plates, but I used small plates and stuck to the turkey, hummus & guacamole (and gravy, pita, & chips :embar and a few glasses of wine :embar:embar:embar) But I counted that as lunch and dinner. And I got a hat done for myself! I used Manos in a variegated purple colorway and I love it! DH actually wants to steal it. :lol All in all it went pretty well. I am so glad to be home though.

Picture this....I felt I should get on the elliptical machine for a while, but didn't want to stop crocheting. So I thought, hmmm.....and grabbed my yarn and hopped on the machine. I wobbled for a bit until I got used to it, but soon I was doing both!

When hubby got to a stopping point on watching tv, I said, "Look at what I'm doing." He turned around and started laughing, and said, "You should put up a youtube video of you doing that, that's funny."

:lol

Count me in - I have 20 lbs to lose for my Cardiologist & the support from everyone will definitely help. Losing weight is the hardest thing to do alone !! I tried doing crochet projects in the evenings to keep my hands busy and STOP myself from eating. Doesn't work. It is amazing how I can "fill up my mouth" with M&M's and still crochet while they melt. I am amazed at all the charity work I do for others but never take the time to do something for myself. This one is for ME !!!!! :cheer I am not sure what project I will do - have a few days to decide, but will let you know soon. Thanks Tia for bringing us all together and for thinking about health at the same time.

:hug

Weight loss is my primary New Year's resolution. Visiting Crochetville daily is next on my list of must-dos. I would like to be in on this CAL. Perhaps I can combine it with some stash-busting. I've always wanted to have one of those classic granny square afghans with 4 multi-colored rounds and a black fifth round. Since at Weight Watchers we weigh in at .2 pound increments, that would work really well for keeping track of weight loss. I have quite a stash of RHSS and plan to be at WW on Friday, Jan. 2nd. Yes, I'm in on this!

Tia, that's great !!!! Hopefully in a month from now I will be able to say the same. However, at this time I am going to the store to buy the next LARGER size. Still trying to find a pattern I am interested in making. Will be posting some pictures of past projects soon - when hubby teaches me how to do that. Anyways, enjoy your new and SMALL jeans !!!!!

FOUND IT !!!! FOUND IT !!!!! This pattern will be a challenge to me, just like losing weight !!!!!! The "brain dead afghan" pattern. :eek

http://stashaholic.com/2005/10/12/stashaholics-brain-dead-afghan.aspx

I plan to make it in white, lavender & purple.

I just had to go buy a new pair of jeans. I was down to one pair. Hopefully, my next pair will be a smaller size!

I haven't decided what pattern I will use, yet. Still working on that one. I don't think I've ever made an afghan for myself. Always for someone else. This one will take some thinking.

This was a great idea, Tia! Thanks for the motivation boost!!

This is a great idea! I'd like to jump in on this if I could. I was working out pretty well for several months lost a good 50 or 60 pounds and then I started slacking off when I hurt my back. I've gained about 12 to 15 lbs back :( but I was waiting until after the holidays to get back into it.

I think I'll make the basic granny square. I have one started that I did a while back and I would finally like to finish it. I think its made with Bernat Chunky yarn in a brown, a blue/brown varigated and white.

Can't wait to get some more yarn and make some more!:yay

Ok, I am going to join this. I really need all the help I can get to get back on track with my weight loss. I am going to do a Irish Circle afghan using saltines (2 round grannies).

I am going to shot for a 100lbs loss or close to it in 2009 .

I just got a "come back to us!" email from weight watchers. Just need to run it by DH to make sure we have the money to do it again. I can't wait! I know that losing all this weight isn't going to change the world but I want to get pregnant in the next few years and I know that it'll be a lot easier for me (and the baby from the near/nearish future) will be happier from it. Also, I guess it is a bit conceited of me but I want people to be able to see a baby belly! One of my biggest fears is that I'll get pregnant and no one will know. Silly, yes, but it's important to me!

Has anyone tried out this new Momentum thing from weight watchers online? I'd love to hear someone else's opinion on that aspect of it.

I just got a "come back to us!" email from weight watchers....Has anyone tried out this new Momentum thing from weight watchers online? I'd love to hear someone else's opinion on that aspect of it.

Hi Kiwikitti!

Join us over at the "Weight Watchers Support Thread" in Off Topics!

There's some info about Momentum, but we've found that it's not that much different from the points system.

We've got a great bunch, and we'd love to have everybody doing WW there! :cheer Several of us are doing the weight loss CAL, too!

:D

Judy

I want to join, sounds like a great motivator and a wonderful way to be reminded to stay away from the cookie jar or cookie aisle, lol.

I want to lose roughly 53 pounds, (well actually 63, but that would put me at SKINNY for my height and after 7 babies I'm not sure that will ever happen, lol) but I'm not rigid in that it has to happen all in 2009. I just want the scale to go down consistently next year, as I learn better habits and remember how to eat like the thin person I used to be.

It's been way too many years of eating fast and furious before I was needed by some little person to do something, lol. I need to re-learn how to eat slowly and only when I'm really hungry.

I don't know exactly how many stars I'll need to make for each pound lost. I want to make a coverlet for my bed. I have to choose the yarn and measure and make a sample star to see how many I'll need to make.

I have chosen this pattern:

Cyan Coverlet or a yo-yo coverlet, I have to fool around with them to choose.

Edited by bigfunfam
adding another pattern option

I just got a "come back to us!" email from weight watchers. Just need to run it by DH to make sure we have the money to do it again. I can't wait! I know that losing all this weight isn't going to change the world but I want to get pregnant in the next few years and I know that it'll be a lot easier for me (and the baby from the near/nearish future) will be happier from it. Also, I guess it is a bit conceited of me but I want people to be able to see a baby belly! One of my biggest fears is that I'll get pregnant and no one will know. Silly, yes, but it's important to me!

I have to lose weight before I can get pregnant. Long story that can't be disclosed on here. I'm open with my issues, but some aren't. PM for details. I'll share.

And it's not silly to want people to see your baby belly and know. Nothing worse than having someone ask when you are due, and you're not even pregnant! Yeah, that sucks.

Anyway, goodluck, everyone!!!!

I started a marathon training blog, which is going to be my main form of weight loss. I've been doing really well on my water intake since Christmas Eve and I went for my first run yesterday. I'm down 1 lb. since 12/24!! :yay

I drink 16oz glasses of water and yesterday I had 6. :yay:yay It's the best way for me to curb my appetite. If I'm properly hydrated I'm able to listen to my body better about when I'm actually hungry v. bored and looking for something to do- the curse of being a SAHM.