2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I weighed in this morning and have now lost 2 pounds. I will be working on the first two rows of my afgan tonight. I also just got the wii fit today and can't wait to get started on it. My DD and i are both going to be using it to get healthier.

Have a great evening!

Renee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it is okay with all of you, I would like to be added to the list, and be a part of this crochet-a-long. I will be focusing mainly on stopping smoking to start out with...but it would kinda work--if I did a square a day for each day i dont smoke? there really isnt another one going on right now that i can make it fit...?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I weighed in this morning and have now lost 2 pounds. I will be working on the first two rows of my afgan tonight. I also just got the wii fit today and can't wait to get started on it. My DD and i are both going to be using it to get healthier.

Have a great evening!

Renee

Yay!! :cheer Congrats!

If it is okay with all of you, I would like to be added to the list, and be a part of this crochet-a-long. I will be focusing mainly on stopping smoking to start out with...but it would kinda work--if I did a square a day for each day i dont smoke? there really isnt another one going on right now that i can make it fit...?

It's fine with me Gina. I've added you to the list. Welcome! :hug

Hi everyone, back after a few days of running around with family. Read all the posts to catch up on everyone's results. CONGRATS to everyone who lost. KEEP IT UP to those that didn't. We can do it !!!!! :cheer (hahaha) I lost 1 lb since I started on Thursday.

And I also took the South Beach Diet book out of the drawer and plan to read some every day !!

Now that I am back home, I plan to go to the community center gym tomorrow to start walking on the treadmill. Motivation is the hardest thing for me, but once I get going I'll be ok.

GINA: CONGRATS on not smoking!!!!! That is harder to do than losing weight in my opinion. Food can be considered an addiction, but smoking IS an addiction. Once you kick the smoking the rest will fall in place. Your health will be better too. Good luck and keep up the wonderful work !! (been there, done that & am here for you if you need to vent).

Okay, Tia, I found my "just for me" project.

It is the Jamaica Ginger afghan from www.freevintagepatterns.com .

I'm thinking of doing it in a bulkier yarn and I think if I do the colors right, I could make it look like basketweave. Being all single crochet, it should be thick and warm!:yay

Now, if I can only keep from giving it to my sister for Christmas.

I updated the list...though I couldn't link directly to the pattern since I am not registered with that site. But I included the link you gave.

You all have motivated me to do something for exercising. For me, it's critical that I exercise when trying to lose weight...so the more motivation, the better!

Not an afghan though. Have to think on that....:think.

:clap I weighed in last Thursday (the 1st) and was down 4.5 pounds from the doctor's scale on Dec. 18th! Since I go back to the dr. tomorrow (the 6th), I got on my scale again today....down another 1/2 pound! That's my first 5 pounds!!!!! Yippppeeeeeeeee!!!!! :c9

I have NO idea how I lost weight over the holidays!!!! Guess I didn't eat as much as I thought I did!!! :devil

So now I can start my squares! Must decide on pattern #1 and get going on them!!!! :hook

Good morning ladies!

I have not started on my afghan yet. I don't have my first wi for 2009 until Tuesday. I am doing the weight watchers plan. I have not been to wi in 3 weeks so I will get to see how much damage I have done over the holidays and this will be my starting number for this challenge.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Congrats to all who have lost weight! :cheer I am down another pound myself. :yay I am surprised whenever I lose weight over the weekend. I seem to do more cooking, splurging and eating out then, cause hubby is home and most every Sunday, some of us go out to eat after church.

Saturday I splurged some eating pizza :P. Yesterday I was extra good (needed to compensate for Sat.), we ate at a Mexican place and I got a small chicken/black bean/rice salad with no cheese or sour cream, and only salsa and hot sauce as the 'dressing'. I drank water and only had vegetable soup and banana for dinner.

I didn't get much exercise in though this weekend, so got to do extra today, or this weekend might catch up to me tomorrow (I find that sometimes, it takes a day or two for a splurge to show up on the scale.)

Congrats everyone!

I jsut did my weight in, but I'm dubious to the results. It says I've lost 2 lbs but I have been falling off and on my diet/weight watchers plan for the last few days. I'll be doing really well and then bam, I fall off again. Pick up the pieces the next day and then I do it all over again. I think I'm going to need a little extra help this time around unlike last time.

Our leader say you don't "own" a weight loss until you've weighed in at that level for two weeks in a row. She's not trying to discount our efforts, but she says if you hit that number (or lower) for two weeks in a row, then you can count on it not just being a fluke.

On-again-off-again good is still enough for a loss as long as your overall total stay lower. Congratulations!

Can you add my name to the list, please?

I clicked a link posted on this site... about BMI, how many calories you burn w/ certain activities,etc and I need to lose about 25 pounds to be in the normal range.

I don't have a pattern picked out, yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Today I started the South Beach health plan...it to me is NOT a diet, it's more of a healthier plan for life.

Our leader say you don't "own" a weight loss until you've weighed in at that level for two weeks in a row. She's not trying to discount our efforts, but she says if you hit that number (or lower) for two weeks in a row, then you can count on it not just being a fluke.

On-again-off-again good is still enough for a loss as long as your overall total stay lower. Congratulations!

That makes pretty good sense to me! Thinking of it that way acutally makes it seem more all right for looking at the numbers for me. Now, I get to look forward to next monday to see if my efforts really pans out. And this week, I plan on acutally sticking to the healthier part of my eating a lot more.

HI, I will join in too... don't know which pattern I will choose, maybe the one that was made for the Olympics, it seems very... I want to loose 50 pounds and I am starting next monday !!!

Hourray for a support group !!

HI there all! I have lost 6 pounds!1 I am wondering if some is cause of my clothes so I am doing it every Sunday.. instead of at the dr.. so we will seee!!

I have started a ripple blanket.. I think I will do 16 rows for each pound.. until it is done!

WOW! Way to GO!!

(I find that sometimes, it takes a day or two for a splurge to show up on the scale.)

Yep, me too. I think that's why WW has you weigh once a week, instead of daily. You can bet that when I reach my goal I'm going to weigh daily, though. :yes I don't ever want to let my weight creep up on me like this again!

I agree with this, too. Last Thursday I had a 4 1/2 lb loss (according to the scale)...but I just don't really believe it. I'm being extra good this week, though, and we'll see what the scale says this Thursday. I'd love for it to go down further, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be lucky to maintain that. :P

Happy New Year Everybody! :) Sorry it's been so long. The kids were on break and husband was home also so mom did't get much time on the computer. :(

I'm officially starting today. I definately need to get back to working out on a regular basis. I am the kind of person that has to workout regularly to keep the weight off, but I also need to keep an eye on the junk food that I have been slowly eating more of lately. I don't like to deny myself but I have to watch it or I will eat a lot of it.

I was reading through the posts and I think I will reward myself for everyday that I do some form of exercise along with each pound that I lose. I have a big bed so the bigger the better ;)

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight so far and also for not smoking :yay

Keep up the good work:cheer

I'm hesitantly putting myself down for a 2.2 lb. loss. We'll see how the scale looks in a few days though. :)

Congrats Gina on not smoking! :cheer:yay

I've decided to make myself something using Tunisian stitch... something smallish for my weight loss project. And I owe myself 4 squares for my exercise-ghan! :clap