2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Morning. Sounds like everyone is getting started on their goals. That is awesome! I have now been smoke free for one week. Was using the patch for the first few days, but stopped...this will be my 3rd day without that. I have 6 squares done on the lionbrand sampler afghan, but I was looking at them last night, and they are all kinda...tilted. I dont mean they are un-even...cuz my stitch counts are correct. Its like they kinda pull to one side--they got the gangsta lean goin on i guess, lol..i wonder if blocking will help?

Well, i went to get dressed this morning, and could hardly button my khakis. THATS not a good sign..

I think for this weekend my goal will be to get on my dang treadmill!

Well, not sure about the pattern you are doing, but when I do granny squares I need to chain and turn after each round or mine come out tilted.

Maybe try that. Let me know if it works.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey gang...sorry I've been AWOL. My main new year resolution is to pay off some debt, so I've been focusing on The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (fascinating book, by the way). Now that I have my budget and things in place, I can sit down to crochet again.

I did my weekly weigh-in today, and I can happily report that I'm down 5 pounds! :cheer It might be just a fluke, but I'll take what I can get! Now, I can officially get started on my squares. :hook

No weight loss for me this week. No gain either. Exercise (or lack of it) really does make a difference. Last week the heater motor burned out and I sat huddled up under blankets for several days. Shivering didn't burn as many calories as I would've liked. :lol The heater is now repaired and I am getting on the treadmill as soon as I finish typing this post.

Congrats to all who are sticking to their plan. Congrats to those who have lost weight. :cheer

I got back to WW last night and I'm doing really good today! I even did my Jillian (from Biggest Loser) workout. She kicks my butt man! lol :kick But I love her! I didn't feel like going to the gym and was like " hey stupid you have a bunch of dvds, pull one out and get off your butt!" lol

Exercise for me is KEY! I don't think it matters what I eat....if I exercise I loose weight. After all these years I know I can loose weight by exercising daily. So what the heck is my problem with not ever "feeling" like it or finding the time? Anybody else feel this way?

Ginamaria73, I think you should allow yourself to make a square every time you get on the treadmill. Just think of how much faster your afghan will get done!:yes

Since Jan 1 I have taken the dogs for a walk four times. It would have been more but we are having flooding issues in Washington. Their idea of a walk is to run and run and run off leash while I walk as fast as I can to keep up. I can really feel it in my leg and butt muscles and the scale is starting to inch downwards. Next year, no eggnog in my coffee at the holidays! :eek

I was down 2.2 lbs earlier this week. Then the hormones hit and I had salt cravings like nobody's business. Coupled with the fact that I hardly drank any water for two days made the scale jump up 4 lbs in two days! :eek I'm going to pretend that didn't happen and wait a few days for everything to balance out. Even though I know it's not a real gain it's still in the back of my head, making me think twice (or three times) about what I'm eating. On the bright side, I'm upping the miles and days I'm running each week- well, starting next Tuesday anyway.

Exercise for me is KEY! I don't think it matters what I eat....if I exercise I loose weight. After all these years I know I can loose weight by exercising daily. So what the heck is my problem with not ever "feeling" like it or finding the time? Anybody else feel this way?

Only EVERYDAY. :lol

But Gina, are you turning your work? That was the key for me. Or are you just going round and round?

OH! Sorry. Its a back n forth rectangle, not agranny square where you go round and round. So, yes, you chain and turn.

Ginamaria73, I think you should allow yourself to make a square every time you get on the treadmill. Just think of how much faster your afghan will get done!:yes

Since Jan 1 I have taken the dogs for a walk four times. It would have been more but we are having flooding issues in Washington. Their idea of a walk is to run and run and run off leash while I walk as fast as I can to keep up. I can really feel it in my leg and butt muscles and the scale is starting to inch downwards. Next year, no eggnog in my coffee at the holidays! :eek

That's a good idea, thanks!

What kind of dogs do you have?

I was down 2.2 lbs earlier this week. Then the hormones hit and I had salt cravings like nobody's business. Coupled with the fact that I hardly drank any water for two days made the scale jump up 4 lbs in two days! :eek I'm going to pretend that didn't happen and wait a few days for everything to balance out. Even though I know it's not a real gain it's still in the back of my head, making me think twice (or three times) about what I'm eating. On the bright side, I'm upping the miles and days I'm running each week- well, starting next Tuesday anyway.

Oh gosh!! PMS is no joke! I easily gain about 5 pounds in water weight during that week! good idea to just put expectation on hold til it runs its course. as long as you arent eating like a maniac, next week will be MUCH better i am sure :)

OH! Sorry. Its a back n forth rectangle, not agranny square where you go round and round. So, yes, you chain and turn.

All I can think of is you're inadvertently increasing and decreasing. Do you count your stitches at the end of each row to make sure the count is correct?

Oh gosh!! PMS is no joke! I easily gain about 5 pounds in water weight during that week! good idea to just put expectation on hold til it runs its course. as long as you arent eating like a maniac, next week will be MUCH better i am sure :)

I always gain 2 lbs. before Tom and lose it immediately afterwards. I just ignore that weight gain.

Hello, I have no chance to work on my afghan. Last Tuesday, I found out I lost a pound. So it's 3 lbs loss. I am happy about it.

I watched the first episode of new season. (Biggest Loser) Wow, it is really a good one. It gives me the shivers.

My internship ends on Jan 16th. So I would start running during the week. I already start running once per weekend. For now, I took walks during my lunch breaks which is 30 mins walk around the blocks.

I decide to tweak the plans on my afghan. I think I will do 1/2 square for each pound. So, it will be doable - 1/2 afghan focused on weight loss and another 1/2 focused on long term maintence. The exercise afghan sound like a good idea. I might do it with my WIPs. It would help me to finish them up once I did the exercise goal of the day. :lol Ex. 30 mins of running or walking = 30 mins working on a WIP/any project. Two birds with a stone. :P

I have two Dobies, both rescues. They LOVE to run! Our favorite route takes us up and down (twice) a very steep hill that we lovingly refer to as ButtBuster, aka BBH.

Heck, I can gain and lose 4 pounds in the course of a day! It has been really interesting to get on the scale a few times a day just to notice the trends. I weigh more in the morning than I do at night!

I worked on my Blood, Sweat & Tears 'ghan today. . . finished the second row and thought hard about how to put the rows together. It was looking mighty holey and I tried to figure how to fill in the gaps while connecting the rows together.

Finally I gave that up and decided that the thing to do was put a second rnd of edging on the individual rows first. So now, one row has one rnd of edging and the other has two.

I'm too tired now to update the instructions on my blog, and I'm not home much tomorrow or Sat...unless we get stuck inside (calling for ice pellets and freezing rain.) I'll get to it...and a pic...as soon as I can.

I have two Dobies, both rescues. They LOVE to run! Our favorite route takes us up and down (twice) a very steep hill that we lovingly refer to as ButtBuster, aka BBH.

Heck, I can gain and lose 4 pounds in the course of a day! It has been really interesting to get on the scale a few times a day just to notice the trends. I weigh more in the morning than I do at night!

Oh yes! A friend of mine has dobies, and they can go forever!!:yes