2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is everyone doing this weekend? One of my mice didn't make and I had to bury her this morning. :cry

My weight has been holding the last couple days. I have hesitated in adding the second row to my 'ghan. Though I am still making lots of teardrops. The thing is I'm starting to run out of scraps so I ordered more yarn. I need to incorporate the new yarn into my 'ghan. I didn't want to put together several rows then start using different colors and have one part of the 'ghan one set of colors and the rest another.

Make sense? Hopefully by next weekend I'll have the instructions for adding the 2nd row.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.

Gina- congrats on keeping up without the cigarettes !!!!! Yes, it does get easier but still a challenge for the rest of your life. I still can't believe that you took on 2 challenges at the same time - BOTH the smoking and weight loss. I gained 15 lbs when I quit smoking 19 yrs ago. You are AMAZING !!!! :h5

Truth be told, when I don't feel like going to the gym or if I want to give up, I remember that you are taking on both and I only have one.... it keeps me going. Thanks. :hug

Congrats to everyone who lost !!!!!!! I've maintained despite going out to an all you can eat Chinese buffet party to say goodbye to my nephew who is going back to college - Virginia Tech. Boy can I eat.... it amazed me how much went down. :lol

Tia - sorry to hear about your mouse. Losses hurt no matter how big or small as they are personal. Will you be getting another mouse?

Edited by Arlinka

Thanks Arlinka. Is it silly to cry for a mouse you've only had one week? I guess I'm sensitive that way.

I went to the pet store to get another mouse. There was one black one that wasn't there before (they were all white). I had to get her. She is exploring her new home now. The others didn't blink, so I guess they've accepted her.

Gina- congrats on keeping up without the cigarettes !!!!! Yes, it does get easier but still a challenge for the rest of your life. I still can't believe that you took on 2 challenges at the same time - BOTH the smoking and weight loss. I gained 15 lbs when I quit smoking 19 yrs ago. You are AMAZING !!!! :h5

Truth be told, when I don't feel like going to the gym or if I want to give up, I remember that you are taking on both and I only have one.... it keeps me going. Thanks. :hug

Congrats to everyone who lost !!!!!!! I've maintained despite going out to an all you can eat Chinese buffet party to say goodbye to my nephew who is going back to college - Virginia Tech. Boy can I eat.... it amazed me how much went down. :lol

Tia - sorry to hear about your mouse. Losses hurt no matter how big or small as they are personal. Will you be getting another mouse?

Arlinka-wow! Thanks. I don't think that I have ever been anyones inspiration before. That makes me feel good too.

Got on my treadmill again. Three times this week! I've been watching what I am eating,but not trying to restrict myself too much. I think I will weigh myself on 1/26(on a Monday, and the day after my 36th birthday), and start really getting serious about losing this 15 pounds or so that I have gained in the last year and a half.

Tia, I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how long they were yours, the fact is that they were yours in the first place. I know how that goes. I'd feel the same way. :hug

I am interested. I have been wanting to make this snowflake afghan for my house. Every 5 pounds I loose I get to make a hexagon snowflake for the afghan. I know we don't have to put how much we want to loose. I need to loose 120 pounds the afghan calls for 59 hexagons. Every five pounds I loose I will make a hexagon.

Jempast - what a pretty afghan !!! Welcome aboard - this is a great site and thanks to Tia, weight loss has brought us all together. There are so many wonderful people here. Look foward to seeing some of your work. Good luck !!! :cheer

Mamabear272- So great to hear you lost 5 lbs.!! How did you do it??? Wish I could do the same.

Arlinka, I started back to weight watchers. It was my first week, that's why such a big loss. I don't expect that every week. lol But I'll take it this week!

Tia, I'm sensitive too. We had a big fancy goldfish named Spot. Had him for about a year and a half. Got some other fish that gave Spot "the ick" then he got fin rot and died. I had to flush him and cried like a baby! lol A fish!! Whatever! lol So I'm sensitive too and can relate. Sorry about your loss!

Congrats to all the losers and quitters lol and to those who gained or maintained, hang in there!

I am having a HARD time trying to post a picture of the START of my afghan.:think

I think this link will work?:xfin

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/ajandbellasmom/?action=view&current=IMG_3554.jpg

I'm using the Caron SS Eco in Wine Country. I think the color is pretty.:)

I was just wondering does anyone use the Wii Fit? Since I joined a gym with my aunt with whom is my workout partner I just use the Wii Fit for weighing. On days I don't get to go to the gym I at least still have the Wii Fit for exercises.

I'm thinking I might change my afghan choice. I'm using up all my scraps in a round ripple right now since it's my DH's favorite type of blanket. I'm thinking of doing the kaleidoscope afghan from the book Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs. I have some bright pink, bright blue and bright yellow yarn that would look amazing that way and has been calling out for a use. I think I'm going to make it a bit bigger than what's called for but I'm not quite sure of all the details.

Kiwikitti - I updated your afghan choice. Sounds colorful!

Congrats to all who have lost lbs. I lost one more lb. too.

Sweetleaf Review (0 cal, natural sweetener from the Stevia plant) - Earlier in this thread I gave a Truvia review. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and needed to get more Truvia. But instead I saw Sweetleaf. It doesn't contain any Erythritol (sugar alcohol) that gave Truvia 3 grams of carbs per packet. Instead it has Inulin soluble fiber and contains 0 carbs. I tried it in this morning's coffee and am very happy with it.

Inulin it turns out is very good for you. Here is an article about it at the Atkins website: http://www.atkins.com/Science/ScienceArticlesLibrary/ArticleDetail301/Inulin---a-soluble-fiber---has-a-growing-reputation-for-health-benefits.aspx Here is another article about inulin: http://proteins-carb-fats.suite101.com/article.cfm/what_is_inulin

i am here and i do plan on working on my weight loss afghan, once i get everything else settled. i think i'm going to make a heart square for every pound, and then put them together into an afghan. seems to be the best choice. but yeah, i just wanted to say i am here and i am a part of this CAL. :D

Hello Ladies!

Congrats to all that lost and on not smoking!

I have made 10 exercise minutes squares for my DIC. Hopefully this week I will have a loss and can make some pounds lost squares. I still have 14 more exercise squares to make.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

How is everyone doing this weekend? One of my mice didn't make and I had to bury her this morning. :cry

Sweetleaf Review (0 cal, natural sweetener from the Stevia plant) - Earlier in this thread I gave a Truvia review. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and needed to get more Truvia. But instead I saw Sweetleaf. It doesn't contain any Erythritol (sugar alcohol) that gave Truvia 3 grams of carbs per packet. Instead it has Inulin soluble fiber and contains 0 carbs. I tried it in this morning's coffee and am very happy with it.

Inulin it turns out is very good for you. Here is an article about it at the Atkins website: http://www.atkins.com/Science/ScienceArticlesLibrary/ArticleDetail301/Inulin---a-soluble-fiber---has-a-growing-reputation-for-health-benefits.aspx Here is another article about inulin: http://proteins-carb-fats.suite101.com/article.cfm/what_is_inulin

Teresa, I'm really sorry about your mousie. :cry Unfortunately, since most pet store mice are bred as food for other animals, not much care is taken with their health or genetics. I had rats for many years, and finally got to the point where I couldn't take another death, so I had to stop getting rats. Most people don't realize what wonderful pets rats can be. I still miss them, but I just can't see putting myself through it again. :hug :hug

Thank you for the info about Sweet Leaf! I'm going to check my store for that and give it a try. I just bought a big bag of Splenda, but maybe I can find a small one of Sweet Leaf.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/ajandbellasmom/?action=view&current=IMG_3554.jpg

I'm using the Caron SS Eco in Wine Country. I think the color is pretty.:)

Your afghan is off to a great start! It's going to be beautiful! :cheer

Teresa, is this the product you were talking about?

http://www.healthyshopping.com/Sweetleaf/

Yes happy stitcher, that's it. I didn't know it came in so many different ways. I might get that big container of it. It'll be cheaper that way. I spent $6.99 on a box of 50 packets. Thanks for listing that website, I bookmarked it.

I pretty much stopped using Splenda. It was starting to make me dizzy. I only occasionally have a soda sweetened with Splenda and I'm trying to use up a bag of chocolate protein powder that has Splenda in it.

Are there any sweeteners without aspartame? not sure if I spelled it right. I have a bladder disease called interstitial cystitis. I can't have aspartame or citric acid. Any ideas on any sweeteners that doesn't have those 2 things?