2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Hi have been awol for a bit, my diet is on hold for now as I have torn a ligament in my knee and I can't exercise too much without it hurting for days after (eventhough it hurts most of the time anyway), diet alone never really works with me.

I have been weighing myself and have only put on 1lb, but I put it down to the swelling in me knee:lol:blush:devil

Well done to all those who have lost weight, keep up with the good work, DR said it could take up to 2 months for it to get better, so will pop back when (if) it gets better and the swelling and pain have gone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gina- saw your pics this morning.... so pretty !!!!! Congrats on your smoking progress. You should be so proud of yourself !! :cheer

Congrats to everyone on their losses. I have maintained the 3 lb loss and can't seem to go further despite not eating sweets and going to the gym for 1 hr every second day. :( Oh well. Maybe it will come off me all at once? :lol

Next week my office buddies and I are going to try the SPECIAL K diet. Has anyone done that one before? Seems pretty easy and with all of us doing it we will have lots of support from each other. I'm not a great cereal person but am willing to try anything - plus they say it's a 6lb loss in 2 wks. I can do that for 2 wks. (I hope) :yes

Anyways, I look foward to hearing from anyone who has tried this diet.

Thanks.

Hi I havnt tried the Special K diet, but have tried the crunchy nut cornflake diet, which says about the same, drop a jean size in 2 weeks.

I did loose weight, but got a bit board with eating cereal twice a day for 2 weeks, I have to be in the mood for cereal, usually only eat it for my supper and at work (I work nights).

Hope it works for you and your work friends:hug

Good Morning!!!

Congrats to all that have lost!!! :cheer

Congrats to not smoking!!! :clap

Well I tried something new yesterday. I went to the Zumba class at our wellness center. It was challenging and I was able to 1/2(30mins) of the class. I plan on going back friday because it is kinda fun and it makes you really sweat.

Well everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Morning everyone!

Arlinka-Thanks! weight loss is a strange thing. So many factors involved, especially when you have to take hormones and water retention and everything into consideration. You never know when you are going to hit a plateau. As far as the Special K diet goes...all those fad kinda diets can make you lose weight, but for health reasons can't be done long term. Not to mention, once you stop doing it, and try to incorporate other foods, weight comes back fast. Be careful! hugz~

Selanda- what is Zumba?

Gina - great start on your 'ghan, very beautiful! :cheer

krazy-kitty - hope you're knee heals fast! In the meantime you CAN workout. There are many exercises you can do sitting or laying down. Ones that work the arms, shoulders, neck and back.

I do better eating more at the beginning of the day. If it were me, I'd do the 'Special K' diet in the evenings AND I'd pick a different cereal...one with whole grains and no high fructose corn syrup and I'd add fresh berries to it. Hmmm...this gives me ideas. ;) Oh, and I add cinnamon to my cereal, it's very good for you. My mom is convinced that it helped lower her cholesterol.

To all those working out...just want to put a reminder out there that you'll gain some muscle weight so you can't go by the scale alone. You'll want to record your measurements too.

Edited by Tia

I just discovered this neat website: The Daily Plate. Enter a food into the search box and it gives you the nutrition facts label for that item. It includes restaurant foods too and complete dishes like salads, so you don't have to look up individual ingredients. A big time saver when you're trying to count calories, fat, carbs, fiber and protein.

WTG, Diane!

I agree, Zumba sounds like a fun way to exercise.

Here is a picture of the 8 sampler squares I have done so far. They are a little difficult to see, but I couldn't take another picture as my camera batteries need charging.

th_DSCF0014-5.jpg

Picture is clickable.

Congrats tahlara! :yay

Beautiful squares Gardener! :clap

I am working on my Blood, Sweat & Tears 'ghan. My new yarn arrived and I made more teardrops with the new colors. Now I'm about to put another strip of them together, then I'll figure out how to attach it to the first row.

I'll let you all know when I update my blog.

Congrats for the losses and not smoking! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I sprained my knee last Thursday so I've been MIA feeling sorry for myself... It's getting better but it will be a while before I can run again so my afghan is in limbo for now. DH caught the flu and passed it to me. I've dropped an amazing amount of weight from that! :lol But I know it will start climbing back up once my appetite fully returns. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go.

Cindy- beautiful squares!! Thanks for sharing. It is going to be a beautiful afghan & I'm sure you will get good use out of it for many years !! :c9

Sharla- hope you are feeling better.. that flu is a miserable thing to have. Fortunately it has not gone thru my family, but from people at work who had it, they say it spreads fast and furious. Take your time to get your strength back so you don't relapse. :sick

I have been going to the gym and seriously working out for the past 2 wks and have NOT lost a pound. Thank goodness I am holding my 3lb loss. I am getting very frustrated!! So.... TIA - as well as the weight loss I think I will add my gym visits into the blanket so I don't stop going. If ithis blanket is for the weight loss only I don't think I will ever finish it. Is that ok with you???

Congrats to all that have lost and hope I can say the same in a few days. :lol:think

Sure Arlinka, that is fine. I'm having the opposite trouble....trying to make myself workout. I was doing pretty good until this week. But it's been a rough week with two of my mice dying. I gained 2 lbs. and had to re-lose those. Maybe I can do better next week.

I did manage to lose another lb. this morning.:cheerFor a total of 36 lbs.

Definitely keep working out! I'm sure it's just muscle gain.

I also haven't been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day. I think I'll work that into my exercise 'ghan as that's very important too.

Thanks Gina....yes, unfortunately a 2nd mouse died on Wed. :( I think the others look okay. Hopefully they didn't catch any diseases from the sick ones. I have four girls now, one black and three white ones. I named the black one Cocoa. I can't tell the white ones apart, except one is fatter than the others. Maybe I'll call her Snowball. Maybe in time I can tell one from the other.

OK, I have finally earned myself the right to work on a motif of my afghan.... I worked out yesterday! :cheer My eating has been sloppy, but I'm trying to rein it in yet again. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

That's great Krystal! Can't wait to see some pics of your 'ghan.

Tia - I'm sorry about your mice. :(

Hope my news will cheer you up a bit. I am down to 5 lbs from my original weight number. So, I have to do 5 tiles plus one for the hiking trip with dad tomorrow morning. :)