2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

GRRRRR!!!!:irk I get so upset with myself sometimes. I was off to such a great start with my walks, going every day if not every other day and I realized this morning that it has been 10 days! This is why I need a CAL like this one to keep me motivated.

Maybe if I switched my project to one of the big Christmas presents that HAS TO get done I could be more consistent.

My congratulations to those of you who are making it work!:yay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello!

Congrats to all the lost this week! Hugs to all that gained!

I will have to try and catch up on reading the posts later. I am up a pound this week. Also woke up to snow this morning and for the south (memphis,tn) that is a big deal.

Everyone take care! Later!

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations on everyone losing weight....that is awesome.:clap

Great Job to everyone getting some form of exercise. It is soooo hard to actually put forth the effort EVERYDAY to move more than usual.:yay

My exciting news is that I am down 9 lbs. and I put on a pair of jeans were tight and now are comfortable!:cheer

I need to get crocheting!:crocheting

Healthy Thoughts!

Good afternoon all! Congrats to all who are doing well and big hugs to those who are struggling.

My weight has been holding steady for several days now. I need to be better at exercising. :irk I know that it's the key and yet I can't seem get off my tushy!

Good afternoon all! Congrats to all who are doing well and big hugs to those who are struggling.

My weight has been holding steady for several days now. I need to be better at exercising. :irk I know that it's the key and yet I can't seem get off my tushy!

I'm having trouble getting moving too. I was lulled into thinking things were going great because I've been losing, but I know that I need to exercise. Just need to get off my behind and do it!

congratulations to everyone who is losing and exercising. Keep up the good work.

I just made me a yummy Mocha Protein Shake! I find protein shakes very helpful when trying to lose weight.

1 cup 2% milk (I use Lactaid)

1/2 cup water

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (sweetened with Splenda and Ace K)

1/4 tsp espresso powder (or use 1/2 cup cold coffee instead of water)

Mix well in blender with crushed ice or blend well then pop in the freezer for around a half an hour. Stir and enjoy.

When my batch of protein powder is gone. I'm going to buy this rice protein powder I saw on http://www.bulkfoods.com. Why? Because 1) it is unsweetened and I can sweeten it with Stevia (too much Splenda causes me joint pain) and 2) I am lactose intolerant and the powder I have now is made with whey.

Now that Bulk Foods site also has unsweetened whey protein powder if anyone wishes to try that. They both come in 1 lb., 5 lb. and I believe 25 lb. bags.

I've ordered from Bulk Foods before and are very happy with the company. I use their 12 grain blend for baking multi-grain breads....different kinds of sprouting beans and peas for growing sprouts....and some of their chocolates and snacks (this was a while back, but they do have sugarfree candy and chocolates.)

Good morning all!

I am still here. Still smoke free. 29 days and counting! Plus I have been on my treadmill 6 times this month so far. I was going to try to start on my weight goal this week as well, but i am---ahem--retaining a bit of water this week, and was too scared to get on the scale, lol. So I will let that pass, and start this coming Monday. I have gotten a bit behind in my afghan, but I plan to try to catch up this weekend. Plus of course, tonite is a two hour Idol special, so I will be firmly planted at 7pm, hook in hand, for that! lol

Its almost Friday kids! Hang in there :)

That's great Gina! :yay

I have decided that I prefer Truvia in my coffee and I'll save the Stevia for cold drinks. For some reason Stevia doesn't taste as sweet in coffee or hot tea.

I found a great deal on ebay for flavored Stevia dropper bottles. They had many flavors, I got chocolate, toffee and orange.

Tia, I'm sorry, but I have changed my pattern again, lol. This is the last time though because this time I've actually started it. I decided that I really liked the frilly flower 12" square and thought it would be perfect. So I am working up 30 of those, which is my goal for this year and will put me into the non-overweight category. Not skinny or thin, but not overweight at least, lol.

Here is the link to the square:

http://dayna.tdgservices.com/ShowPattern.aspx?PatternID=29

I need to get 11 made because that is how much I've lost so far, but I don't have that many done yet. I'm behind.....always behind......lol.

Thank you and I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

Haven't been here for a while, but am still hanging in. Friday (tomorrow) is the first day for our weigh-in here in the office since we are all on the Special K diet. I think I need to get the lactaid milk- I am very bloated and "gass-y". Uncomfortable !!! Will let you know how it goes. Also haven't been able to get to the gym due to snow and ice. Horrible time of year !!!! :yes

CONGRATULATIONS to all that have lost and to GINA who has not smoked !!!! Good jobs !!!!

Good morning all!

I am still here. Still smoke free. 29 days and counting! Plus I have been on my treadmill 6 times this month so far. I was going to try to start on my weight goal this week as well, but i am---ahem--retaining a bit of water this week, and was too scared to get on the scale, lol. So I will let that pass, and start this coming Monday. I have gotten a bit behind in my afghan, but I plan to try to catch up this weekend. Plus of course, tonite is a two hour Idol special, so I will be firmly planted at 7pm, hook in hand, for that! lol

WTG on the not smoking!!!!

Good to hear from you Arlinka. Lactaid milk is very good. A little bit sweeter than regular. You save money when you buy the larger jug (half way between a half gallon and gallon size).

Still here, have been trying different medications to tackle the pain and swelling in my knee, have found one thats reduced the swelling, but still in a fair bit of pain.

Plan to start ww online again next week, really enjoyed doing it online before, can't go to meetings as I work nights and can never get to the same meeting each week and I end up having to pay for weeks I have missed:(

Then I might try swimming again, just need to figure out when I can fit it in too tired to do it after I finish work.

I thought about ice skating, but wouldn't be any good for my knee if I fell over:lol

It's Friday! :yay

Does anyone else have extra special trouble being 'good' on the weekends?

Yes on weekends, and every other day!:lol

I have no weight loss to report this week, and I didn't get much exercise in either. My only excuse is that I have had a cold and have absolutely no energy.

Maybe it's just as well, I'm still 3 squares behind. Hopefully I'll loose next week, and be caught up when I weigh myself next weekend.

Well, it's the end of the week, at work we were all on the Special K diet for 5 days and did a weigh-in at work. Happy to say we all lost at least 1 pound in that timeframe. Not the 3 they promise, but still a weight loss!!! So, that means a 4 pound loss for me!!! :cheer

So glad to hear others are doing so well !!!!! Keep it up.

GINA: great job on not smoking !!! :hug

Krazy-kitty: hope you feel better soon. I have terrible knee problems and they are so painful!!! Swimming is great as it is not weight bearing. good luck. :)

It is so hard going out to exercise after a full day at work- tired, cold and dark weather.... Thanks to Tia (who started this) and everyone who joined - you have ALL kept me motivated. If it weren't for you all I would be sitting alone, watching tv, crocheting and stuffing my face. I would have GAINED 4 lbs instead of losing it. (every pound counts !!) PLUS I would not have made as many online friends !!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE !!!!!!!:ty:manyheart:manyheart

I find this cal very helpful, too. Keeps me on my toes and accountable.

Tonight we're eating at a friends house. Hopefully I can be good. She always fixes lots of carbs and more than one dessert. :reyes

Good morning all!

Now see, that's what I need to do...quit smoking. I thought about doing a quit smoking afghan too....maybe I should just combine the two, and make on really awesome afghan. :yes

I'm still looking thru patterns, having trouble making up my mind on what pattern to pick. I thought about a scrap ghan of sorts, got plenty of scraps yarn. But that would negate the excuse to buy more yarn. :think And if I am going to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time, I want to be able to BUY YARN!!!! :devil

I always wanted to do one of those Catherdal window afghans....if I remember correctly it has a lot of pieces. I could do pieces daily as rewards for not smoking, and then assembly as I lose weight. Has possiblities.

Edit: Hmmmm....did some research on the Catherdal Window Afghan, and it looks so nerve racking.....might not be a good project for trying to quit smoking...lol. Just reading about how it is made, and problems people have encountered.....was enough to make me want a cigerette. So the search is still on for a pattern.

Edited by PassthePeace1
chickened out....lol