• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

th_Picture027.jpg

Image is clickable.

The bottom row is the first row with 2 rnds of edging. The top row only has one rnd of edging but is placed how it will join to the 1st row -- with teardrops connecting tip to tip or bottom to bottom. But I may stagger them if that works out best...we'll see.

I will see if I can connect the 2nd row to the 1st as I am putting on its 2nd rnd of edging.

Edited by Tia

I just updated my blog with pics and directions for doing the 2nd rnd of edging on the 1 st row of teardrops.

If anyone is doing this pattern, please let me know if you have any questions, or see mistakes in the pattern or if you think anything is worded funky. (I like that word - funky ;)).

I'll now start edging the 2nd row....

Hello Ladies,

Congrats to all that lost this week!

Teresa.... very pretty.

Oh, I gave the wrong name for my afghan. It is call the "Irish Chain". I just got finished graphing it out w/the similar to what I want to use. I like the idea of the exercise ghan. I think mine will be both for exercise and pounds lost. So for every 15mins of cardio I do I will make a square since my ghan will take either 1800 or 1575 squares depending on if I make it full or twin size.

That is all for now. Everyone have a wonderful weekend! :yay

It is call the "Irish Chain"...... my ghan will take either 1800 or 1575 squares depending on if I make it full or twin size.

Wow! Is there a link to this somewhere? I can't imagine joining that many squares!!!

I finally got my new purple today! I'm happy with it, so I get to keep the footballs I've made so far. Now I get to finish that row and start the next row. I'm going to work on it tonight! Once i get the first row done, I'll have 9 more footballs to make! :clap

Sigh, I haven't done anything to lose yet either. I'm just beginning to nurse a new baby, so I'm having to fight the starving feeling I generally get when nursing.

But I haven't gained anything so that's good at least :)

Great job to all those that have lost!!!! :)

Congrats on becoming a new mommy! :cheer Boy or girl?

The most important thing for you right now is to nourish that baby! It's very hard to lose weight while you are nursing. Just concentrate on eating healthy for you & your baby and exercise when you can. Don't ignore those hunger pangs! You need the calories right now for your little one :manyheart

No weight loss for me this week. No gain either. Exercise (or lack of it) really does make a difference. Last week the heater motor burned out and I sat huddled up under blankets for several days. Shivering didn't burn as many calories as I would've liked. The heater is now repaired and I am getting on the treadmill as soon as I finish typing this post.

Congrats to all who are sticking to their plan. Congrats to those who have lost weight.

Same for me :( I did forget to weigh myself this morning and didn't do it until late afternoon... technically I'm up one lb from last friday, BUT when I weighed in last week it was 1st thing in the a.m. so I'm not counting that lb! LOL We'll see what the scale says tomorrow...

I just updated my blog with pics and directions for doing the 2nd rnd of edging on the 1 st row of teardrops.

If anyone is doing this pattern, please let me know if you have any questions, or see mistakes in the pattern or if you think anything is worded funky. (I like that word - funky ).

I'll now start edging the 2nd row....

Looking good Tia! I'm really enjoying seeing it come together :hook

I might just have to make a second afghan! LOL

Congrats to everyone who lost this week! :cheer

I definately need to get into gear with the exercise. I've tried to eat a little more healthy, but I had already cut alot of the sugar and fats out of my diet, so there wasn't really too much more to do in that respect other than try to eat less. (A major accomplishment for me!)

I did score an awesome deal at Walmart today though. I happened to spot the South Beach book as I was walking past a book display. It was only 5 bucks so I grabbed it and have been skimming through it. It's the one that's geared toward a heart healthy diet, which is exactly what I need as I was diagnosed with HBP a little over a year ago... If I loose weight and eat healthier I will eventually be able to cut back or even eliminate the meds! With the doctor's approval, of course :)

The diet looks pretty easy. There are sample menus in the book and even an exercise guide that is geared towards people with heart issues. I think this book will be the best thing I ever did for myself! :D

Thanks April. I'm not going to be able to work on it any more tonight though. I've been making chili and doing laundry. We have a potluck to go to tomorrow. :eek There will be lots of goodies, I'm sure. :blush So I wanted to make something hearty and healthy that I know I'd be able to eat. Here is what I made:

Turkey Vegetable Chili

2 lbs. lean ground turkey, browned & drained (I used 97% lean)

3 cups water (more or less, depending on how thick you want it, I like it really thick)

2 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes

2 10.75 oz. cans tomato puree

1 15 oz. can soup beans (beans: great northern & red; barley, lentils)

2 4 oz. cans diced green chilies, mild

1 6 oz. can tomato paste

1/2 C brown and wild rice

3/4 C green peas

1/2 C yellow corn kernels

1 large zucchini, diced

6 asparagus spears, sliced

1 medium onion, coarsely diced

4 medium garlic cloves, minced

2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. chili powder (I like it mild)

Mix all ingredients in 8 qt. stock pot, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer at least 2 hrs.

I had a small bowl of it for my dinner (hey...had to make sure it was edible! :D). I thought it came out great.

Edited by Tia

I am reminded of a story of when our parents were away and my sister and I made a pot of chili. The recipe called for 2 tsp. chili powder and one of us mistakenly put in 2 Tbls.! :eek

It was so hot I couldn't eat....but my sister ate it all up. :lol

Wow, that sounds awesome and does look healthy! I was just thinking earlier that I'd love some chili but wondered if it would be bad... It's the sodium in the commercial soups that get you. So if I don't eat this with the ton of crackers that I usually have when I eat chili this will be quite healthy with all the veggies. :clap

I am reminded of a story of when our parents were away and my sister and I made a pot of chili. The recipe called for 2 tsp. chili powder and one of us mistakenly put in 2 Tbls.! :eek

It was so hot I couldn't eat....but my sister ate it all up. :lol

That's too funny! I'm the same way... I'm a total wimp when it comes to spicy foods. I usually have to add 2 tblsp to please everyone else, but I'd be much happier with just a dash! LOL

Edit to say: I've heard though, that spicy foods are supposed to help your body burn more fat... don't know how true that is...

Just drink an extra, extra ton of water when you eat something salty. I buy organic cans of tomatoes, beans, soup, etc. that don't contain any msg or preservatives.

Don't forget, the green chilies add a big kick, so taste it before adding the chili powder.

One thing you can do if you get hold a bowl of chili that's too spicy... top it with some low fat/ff sour cream.

Oh, and I stopped eating bread and crackers with soup/meals a long time ago. (okay, occasionally I'll pinch a small bite off my hubby's toast.:D) Instead I'll have some salad or fruit.

Edited by Tia

I have to be careful about the salt intake because of health conditions... but I shouldn't be eating the crackers anyway! LOL

I do love my bread though... it's a good thing I like whole wheat. I always look for the one with the highest fiber content and buy that one. I still try to eat it in moderation.

Thanks for the tip about the sour cream. I'll have to give that one a try. :)

Teresa, that chili receipe sounds good. Although I am not a zucchini fan but I do like spicy foods. I find that green chiles kinda bring a zing to a dish not neccesarily spice.

My dad developed HBP when I was a teenager and I am use to eating lower salt foods. I always buy unsalted top crackers because the others are too salty to me.

Oh and here is the link to the ghan http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html.

I am doing the second one using Simply Soft yarn in Off white, Chocolate and Autumn Red.

Teresa, that chili receipe sounds good. Although I am not a zucchini fan but I do like spicy foods. I find that green chiles kinda bring a zing to a dish not neccesarily spice.

My dad developed HBP when I was a teenager and I am use to eating lower salt foods. I always buy unsalted top crackers because the others are too salty to me.

Oh and here is the link to the ghan http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html.

I am doing the second one using Simply Soft yarn in Off white, Chocolate and Autumn Red.

Thanks. You can't really taste the zucchini with all the peppers and spices. My hubby doesn't eat asparagus, sharla. I'm not going to tell him it's in there and see how he likes it. ;)

That 'ghan is going to look gorgeous, Selanda! And the colors you chose sound scrumptious ....mmm...Chocolate :D. I updated the link you gave, thanks.

Thanks for the recipe! I like to sneak veggies like zucchini and eggplant into lasagna, casseroles, and soups because DH says he doesn't like them. ;) But he always has seconds. If only his metabolism was contagious. lol

I do the same thing for the same reason. I put lots of veggies in my homemade spaghetti sauce too, just whatever I think i can sneak in without anyone noticing.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down three pounds!!!!:clap:clap I did exercise a bit this week, (more than usual, anyhow), but I totally avoided sweets. It goes to show that small changes can have a big impact. So that means that I have earned the five squares I've already made for my afghan. If I exercise today, (and I will!!), I can make another square.

Hey Gardener! :clap Congrats on the weight loss. And also to all who are living healthier. :yay

I lost that 30 lbs. again! Finally. I so want to lose one more to say I've surpassed what I lost 2 yrs. ago but that lb. is being really stubborn. But I realize that Tom is coming so that's probably it. (And means I'll gain two now until it's over :(.)

My cousin is trying to get pregnant with their second child (has issues) and did a dietary change which included cutting out sugars and eating less processed foods. Just that simple of a change and she has dropped about thirty pounds.

If I concentrated on losing a pound a month, I would be down 12 pounds by the end of the year. When was the last time I lost twelve pounds?? NEVER!! :eek

Losing weight one pound at a time sounds far easier than I want to drop 40!