2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

As far as I know, only Nutrasweet and Equal have aspartame in them.

Thanks for the info.

Tia,

Could you please change the afghan I am going to do? I am going to make the Fireside Throw from the Jan/Feb. 2009 issue of Crochet Today!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I changed it Jempast.

I'm going to start counting the use of my knitting machine as exercise. At least when I have it set up 5 feet long to make an afghan.

About an hour ago I was sitting quietly crocheting and was comfortable in two sweaters, sweatpants, socks and slippers. Then I started using my knitting machine to continue the striped afghan I started on it. Moving the carriage back and forth 5 feet really works my sides, back, shoulders and a little in the neck and stomach. From past experience, I know I will be sore tomorrow from it.

And I got so hot using it! First one sweater came off, then the socks and slippers and now I'm in a t-shirt and shorts! It's 67 degrees in here according to the thermostat and it's snowing outside. I think any activity that works up a sweat and causes sore muscles deserves to be counted as exercise. :lol

Hello, checking in. :)

I managed to lost few more pounds, but I am not getting down to the original weight. I only have two more pounds to lose. I can start from there.

See ya tomorrow. I will do the scale by then.

Are there any sweeteners without aspartame? not sure if I spelled it right. I have a bladder disease called interstitial cystitis. I can't have aspartame or citric acid. Any ideas on any sweeteners that doesn't have those 2 things?

Splenda doesn't have aspartame. We buy Diet Coke w/Splenda for my husband, because aspartame doesn't agree with him.

I changed it Jempast.

I'm going to start counting the use of my knitting machine as exercise. At least when I have it set up 5 feet long to make an afghan.

About an hour ago I was sitting quietly crocheting and was comfortable in two sweaters, sweatpants, socks and slippers. Then I started using my knitting machine to continue the striped afghan I started on it. Moving the carriage back and forth 5 feet really works my sides, back, shoulders and a little in the neck and stomach. From past experience, I know I will be sore tomorrow from it.

And I got so hot using it! First one sweater came off, then the socks and slippers and now I'm in a t-shirt and shorts! It's 67 degrees in here according to the thermostat and it's snowing outside. I think any activity that works up a sweat and causes sore muscles deserves to be counted as exercise. :lol

Counts to me! :D But then I count heavy duty cleaning as exercise since you are moving around a lot. After all, activity is activity. :sheepjump

The fireside throw I am wanting to make has 127 motifs so I will make one every 2 pounds I loose. I need to loose over 100 pounds.

If my math is correct, 1 for every 2 lbs. lost will equal a weight loss of 254 lbs.:eek

I think you should make 1 or 2 for every pound you lose. Just a thought.:)

If my math is correct, 1 for every 2 lbs. lost will equal a weight loss of 254 lbs.:eek

I think you should make 1 or 2 for every pound you lose. Just a thought.:)

If she makes one motif for every 2 lbs, she wants to lose 63 1/2 lbs.

63.5 x 2 = 127 motifs.

Good luck Jempast! You can do it! :cheer

Tia, I have changed my pattern to just be stripes. I am going to call it the "Hot Chocolate" afghan. This is because of my inspiration. I bought a blank notebook to journal my daily food and points in. The name of the company is called "Hot Chocolate" It has pinks, lime green, white, and browns. Different lengths of color before the color is changed. For example, the first section might have 8 rows of pink then 1 row of green then 7 rows of pink and 3 rows of brown. On and on. My weight Watchers binder is lime green so I am keeping the weight loss "project" in a stripe theme! When I can I'll post pics. Now the first week of weigh in I lost 6lbs. This past week I only lost 1lb. So I will make 7 rows of my Hot Chocolate Afghan! Yay!!! I am so thankful to you Tia for starting this wonderful idea!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I am proud to say I lost 5.4 at last nights wi!

Tia, sorry about the gain. You may not eating enough. So if you are not already try to keep a food journal it does actually help. :hug

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Good morning all!

Congrats to everyone who has lost, and hang in there! to everyone who has not. I have reached my three week anniversary of being smoke free. I also got in another 30 min on my treadmill last night while watching Everybody Loves Raymond re-runs. Love that show! I've seen all of them at least twice, but I never get tired of them...lol

So I believe this puts me at 5 exercise hexagons and 21 no smoking hexagons! My girlfriend and I were counting and it looks like i will need a tad over 100 to make an afghan the size I want for my bed. SO! Got plenty more to go. I have made 6 so far, so i will try to post a pic tonite.

Congrats to all who have lost! And yippee! on 3 wks. smoke free. :clap

I re-lost those 2 lbs., so I'm back at maintaining. :) I'm definitely eating enough :lol. I guess I ate too much chili and not enough salad. And I haven't been doing much exercising other than using my knitting machine. I wake up sore every morning from it, guess it's not enough though. Gotta get back on that elliptical machine! I need that aerobic, heart-pounding kind of workout.

Good morning all!

Congrats to everyone who has lost, and hang in there! to everyone who has not. I have reached my three week anniversary of being smoke free. I also got in another 30 min on my treadmill last night while watching Everybody Loves Raymond re-runs. Love that show! I've seen all of them at least twice, but I never get tired of them...lol

So I believe this puts me at 5 exercise hexagons and 21 no smoking hexagons! My girlfriend and I were counting and it looks like i will need a tad over 100 to make an afghan the size I want for my bed. SO! Got plenty more to go. I have made 6 so far, so i will try to post a pic tonite.

I want to congratulate you on not smoking for three whole weeks. That is quite an accomplishment!

Ive made two more exercise squares, so I now have 8 out of 63 squares done. Who knows, I might actually finish this afghan someday!!

Thanks Cindy! It sounds like you are getting on track too!!!

I am going to attempt to post pics of my afghan progress so far. We'll see how it goes!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/ginamaria73/100_0214.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/ginamaria73/100_0215.jpg

I am using up stash yarn...pink, purple, red, white, and varigated so far.

Edited by ginamaria73

Congrats to all who have lost! And yippee! on 3 wks. smoke free. :clap

I re-lost those 2 lbs., so I'm back at maintaining. :) I'm definitely eating enough :lol. I guess I ate too much chili and not enough salad. And I haven't been doing much exercising other than using my knitting machine. I wake up sore every morning from it, guess it's not enough though. Gotta get back on that elliptical machine! I need that aerobic, heart-pounding kind of workout.

YAY! Good for you!:yay

Gina- saw your pics this morning.... so pretty !!!!! Congrats on your smoking progress. You should be so proud of yourself !! :cheer

Congrats to everyone on their losses. I have maintained the 3 lb loss and can't seem to go further despite not eating sweets and going to the gym for 1 hr every second day. :( Oh well. Maybe it will come off me all at once? :lol

Next week my office buddies and I are going to try the SPECIAL K diet. Has anyone done that one before? Seems pretty easy and with all of us doing it we will have lots of support from each other. I'm not a great cereal person but am willing to try anything - plus they say it's a 6lb loss in 2 wks. I can do that for 2 wks. (I hope) :yes

Anyways, I look foward to hearing from anyone who has tried this diet.

Thanks.