2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Yes, a picture would be great if it's not too much trouble. Thanks Krystal.

I got some pet mice the other day:

th_All5Girls.jpg th_GottaRun.jpg

Click photos to enlarge.

You should have seen the cats eyes when they saw the mice...like saucers! :lol Wish I could have taken a pic of that! They are already used to them, but still like to sit on top of the couch and watch them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately for me I am a professional horticulturist by trade and plant obsessed by choice. I can already see how it is going to look cleaned up with woodland underplantings. These rhododendrons are now big enough to qualify as small trees. I'll keep the ones with the best shapes, eliminate the ones that have fallen over and enjoy my very own botanical garden. After lots of back breaking labor, that is!

As big as the rhodies are, the Himalayan blackberries are going leaps and bounds over the tops of them. Those will be my biggest challenge to get under control, especially since they have really wicked thorns!:eek

My muscles are telling me this morning that, yes, it really is a lot of exercise cleaning that place up. Thank goodness I get to crochet at the end of the day for some relaxation!:crocheting

Hello. I was bad last weekend. I gained back 3 lbs. Ah well, it happened.

I don't touch my afghan. Now I'm thinking about changing patterns.

I will let you know when I'm ready,Tia.

I know how you feel. I had lost 5 pounds and have now gained 3 back. I'm not even sure how I did that. :( I get discouraged easily and haven't went back to my exercising. But I am going to start again tonight! Of course I told myself that yesterday also, but I couldn't tear myself away from watching American Idol. Better luck tonight though!

Renee

I got my hands on three books last night when I went back to the bookstore. :blush

I'm glad about it though. I found a good afghan where I can do a bit by bit as I go. It's "Diagonal Tiles" on pg. 36 in "All-American Crochet Afghans". Originally, it use four colors. It has 37 strips total. The total of tiles is 1027 roughly.

I think I go ahead and use my yarns which are 5 colors. I will go for 41 strips. My estimate will be about 1056 blocks.

My plan is doing a block each for a pound loss, an exercise day (15-20 mins or up sessions or an active day), and good eating diet for the day.

It feel like a right thing. It blend all three things that help me stay healthy for a long term period. I could guess I would lose all the pounds half way through the afghan. The rest will be long-term maintence.

I already did the sample. I think I got the instructions figured out. I think I will start it next Tuesday which is my next weight-in.

I am trying to figure out a way to get my gazelle out here to the living room i wont use it if i cant see the tv while i do it i may have to move my yarn out and put it in its in place (GASP) i hate the thought of moving my yarn i like it right here by me (the sacrifices we make) LOL

Janny

Good morning everyone. I have decided that I am going to change my afghan choice. I am going to do this pattern:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60153.html

I think in pink, red and white...maybe purple. Like those valentine conversation hearts colors. I have pink, and will go to joanns this weekend to get the rest of the colors. But I think tonight I will start on solid pink ones. I have some catching up to do ! 15 days smoke free, and an extra 1 for the 30 min session on my treadmill i finally accomplished this week so far.

I am starting to feel a little less desperate for a cigarette the last couple nights.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Good morning all. Woke up this morning to a snow-covered winter wonderland! Alas, it's already melting.

That's great Gina! Glad you're feeling better. :) I changed your afghan choice.

Did you get your gazelle set up grannyzkraftz?

My mom reminded me of a theory that it's better to eat more at the beginning of the day and less as the day goes on. She put it like this, Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a Pauper.

I've been doing that the last several days and I think it helps with hunger.

Gina- I'm so glad you're feeling better! Keep up the great work!! :cheer:cheer

I'm loving that hexagon, too. I might have to try it out. :)

Congrats on the losses everyone! :clap:clap

I'm doing a home version of WW and I've been doing really well. I wasn't going to get on the scale until Monday (my new weigh in day), but I did today and I've officially lost all of my hormone weight. :whewAnd a little extra. We'll see on Monday.

I started a new healthy eating plan ( I hate the word diet!) this week. I've already lost a couple of pounds. I love the idea of incorporating crochet into my plan. It will be a great visual aid to keep me motivated in the many months to come. I think I will try the yo-yo afghan so I can use up all of the bits and pieces I have around here.

Good luck to everyone who gives it a try. And thanks for thinking of such fun and motivational plan.

Mel:yay

Well, it finally happened !!! I am DOWN 3 lbs !!!! :yay I also started going to the gym. Doing about an hour every second day to start. This weekend I will have the time to start on my afghan. Whoopee, I can't wait.

CONGRATS to all those who have lost so far..... It is such a hard job to take it off, but it sure does go on easy. :lol I see lots of determination as I read what everyone writes. We should all be proud of ourselves !!!!!

Gina- congrats on not smoking. I know it is hard but keep it up !!!!!

My weigh day was yesterday, and I'm down another 2 1/2 lbs, for a total of 23 1/2. I'm behind on my afghan because of other projects, but I'm looking forward to catching up. That's almost two strips of footballs! I'm doing 12 balls to a strip. :D

Everybody have a good day! Teresa is right - eat your bigger meals earlier in the day, if you can. That really does help!

:cheer

Well, it finally happened !!! I am DOWN 3 lbs !!!! :yay I also started going to the gym. Doing about an hour every second day to start. This weekend I will have the time to start on my afghan. Whoopee, I can't wait.

CONGRATS to all those who have lost so far..... It is such a hard job to take it off, but it sure does go on easy. :lol I see lots of determination as I read what everyone writes. We should all be proud of ourselves !!!!!

Gina- congrats on not smoking. I know it is hard but keep it up !!!!!

:clap YAY!!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations to all the winners...er.... I mean losers!!:lol

Not much progress for me this week, one pound down and only 1 hour of exercise. In my defense, I have a terrible cold and have absolutely no energy. Still it means that I can crochet 3 more squares for my afghan. Actually, I have already made 5, but I've only earned 6 so I'll make one more, and work harder next week.