2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Thanks Diane :hug.

Yippee for losing weight! :yay

I noticed in your signature that you have listed a different afghan for this cal. I have you down for Diagonal Tiles. Do I need to change that?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tia, I'm sorry about your mice. Hoep the rest survive.

I am down 3 more pounds, which is amazing, since I wasn't all that careful about diet this week, and we went out for Chinese food last night. I did manage to get my three days of exercise in though.

This means 3 more square for me.

I can't tell the white ones apart, except one is fatter than the others. Maybe I'll call her Snowball.

You'd better keep an eye on Snowball! She may be expecting! :eek

I'm sorry about your second mousy.... :hug

It sounds like everybody is doing great! My weigh day was Thursday, but I maintained. That's OK, though. I was getting too far behind anyway! :lol I'm sure I'll do better next Thursday!

I wanted to recommend a book to you all. It's one my Dr told me to buy. It's called "Younger Next Year for Women." If you want to order it, you can use the coupon code 172free0109 for free shipping from Booksamillion. I called the store yesterday to see if they had a book I wanted, and the clerk told me that they didn't have it in the store, but that if I wanted to order it online, I could use that code for free shipping without a minimum purchase. So it's the perfect time to tell you all about the book and share the coupon code! :cheer Of course there's nothing to stop you from buying a crochet book, instead, but for only $10, that's a really good book. I really recommend it.

Keep it up, everybody! We're healthier every day! Gina, congratulations on staying smoke-free! You can do it! :cheer

Thanks Cindy :hug. Congrats on the weight loss! :cheer

happy stitcher - thanks, :hug and I sure hope Snowball isn't expecting. I don't think she's ever been exposed to males in her life. Maybe she's just a little older...or scarfing up the nuts and not eating her veggies.

Thanks for the coupon code!

Ah, Tia. That's the original afghan. I will change the signature to Diagonal Tiles. Thank you for the reminder!

The hiking was fun this morning. However it's more challenging with muddy hills. :lol It was so cold and muddy after few days of rain earlier this week. I enjoyed it. My legs didn't! :lol

Hi Ally, good to hear from you. Sorry you had a rough week. Hope next week goes better for you. :hug Don't give up.

Diane - I wanted to go hiking today too. When I got up it was 36 degrees and so I waited to see if it would warm up but then it started SNOWING :lol. I'm a wimp so I stayed in. :P However, I did do 45 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Hi Folks! Tomorrow is my weigh in day! I hope I at least lost a pound. Anyone that is doing weight watchers points......How many points are the new Little Debbie Vanilla Frosted cake 100 cal pack? I saw the converter equation but I don't remember enough algebra to figure points out in that way!!!

I found a WONDERFUL website with an online points calulator. You can find the points of anything as long as you know the calories, fat, and fiber!! I'll try and post this link. Here goes:

http://www.wikiweightwatcher.com/content/weight-watchers-points-calculator

PS. You do NOT have to register to use this! BONUS!!!

Edited by jelepe75

I use ticker central. You can't add it to your signature because you aren't allowed to have html there. So you have to add it using the little earth w/link button to each post. Then it adds it in twice :blush and you have to delete one.

Congrats to all those who have lost weight! :yay

I did good today eating out at Glory Days after church. I ordered a side salad w/vinaigrette on the side. I took off the croutons and half the cheese and used VERY little of the dressing. Then I got the seasonal vegetables. They were very good, but I could tell there was butter on them. :blush But I knew if I sent it back they'd throw it out. That's all I had...and water.

1.png

Edited by Tia

I found a WONDERFUL website with an online points calulator. You can find the points of anything as long as you know the calories, fat, and fiber!! I'll try and post this link. Here goes:

http://www.wikiweightwatcher.com/content/weight-watchers-points-calculator

PS. You do NOT have to register to use this! BONUS!!!

Thanks for the link.

Good afternoon everyone! I don't have much to report. I had origanally lost 5 lbs, then put it back on and now have lost 2 again. So far those have stayed off. Unfortunately, I have not been able to make any progess past my first two rows on my 'ghan. I really have to start moving around and exercising more. Sitting in an office all day and then going home and just sitting around watching tv is not getting the weight off. :( But, it is nice to see all of you that are doing so well. I don't want to get discouraged but it is hard sometimes. It seems that I have been battling these same 5 pounds for over a year. I go to the doctor on Thursday, maybe she can give me some guidance.

Have a wonderful evening and keep up the good work!

Renee

One thing I found helps me to get exercise is a simple kitchen timer. I have one that hangs on a cord around my neck. When I head out for a walk, or find myself procrastinating on taking one, I set the timer for 5 or 10 minutes. When that puppy goes off, I turn around and head back. Little by little I increase the time.

Renee - yes, exercise makes a world of difference for me. It will get easier when it warms up this spring. I don't know where you live, but I don't get much hiking done here in the winter time.

Kellie - thanks for the timer tip. I wish I could go walking in our neighborhood, but the dogs around here have to guard their section of the road.

Edited by Tia

Exercise is a problem for me in winter too. Part of the problem is that I don't fell much like doing anything when its gloomy outside. I don't feel at all depressed, I just don't want to do anything but sit around and read or crochet.

As soon as nice weather returns I will be up and at it again, but in the meantime, I pretty much need to force myself to exercise.

I added a video on my blog on making the teardrops. It's not a very good one. I only have the little camcorder setting on my cell phone. I tried all the different settings and the high and medium resolutions don't give you enough time, so I had to go with the lowest setting. (has to be less than 1 mb file for me to email it to my computer).

I don't know if I will do more. I wanted to show the 1st and 2nd rows of edging and joining the rows together. But I'd have to do them in several parts. :blush And the picture quality probably doesn't make it worth it.

Some news to share: Lost 2.6 pounds total over the last 3 weeks. That is a big deal for me. Before the holidays I was up & down. So I get to do more on my afghan! Yea!

I'm still doing the circles from the Lion pattern, but I've changed my colors. Light purple/purple varigated/dark purple. The green and pink with the dark purple just were not working. This is not helping my stashbusting efforts.

Cheri

I lost a few more lbs (down 5.6 overall), but I haven't decided what to do for my weight loss ghan. I'm going out for a run tomorrow to test my knee. I can't stand not working on my exercise ghan. I've been trying to sign up at the Pound for Pound Challenge website, but it just isn't working. :(