Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job you guys! :cheer

For the weight losses and smoke free days! I have yet to get to exercising, but I think I have the ww plan back on track. We are on day 5 and all seems to be going well. So much easier with dh doing it too :clap I am down 3 lbs, I think I will do my swatches for the first 5 lbs, then away I will go once that is done.

Are we all planning to do photos as we go along? I would love to see what everybody is up to. :yes

:yay I did a workout last night! So I made a square last night and it was a nice reward for myself instead of junk. I am actually looking forward to doing another workout tonight so I can make another square.:D

I will not be weighing myself again until the weekend. However, I did 30 minutes of exercising yesterday and today, so I am going to make a square for that.

I think it's a great idea to make a square each time you exercise. I may hafta use that idea too...

Today is the 6th, so I owe myself 6 squares. So far, I have 4 1/2 done. They're pretty simple patterns..but the texture looks so nice.

Hi everyone! I think this is a great idea and I would like to join in! I have 15-20 lbs I would like to lose this year, so I I think I will do a scarf just for me. I haven't picked a pattern yet but I like my scarves long, so I will plan on 80 inches, which means 4 inches for every lb I lose.

I joined a gym last night and went with DH, I ran a mile and did weight lifting with him. today I got up and walked the dog a mile or so. I am also going to start doing fresh juices. I don't think juice fasting is a great idea, but i do think including fresh juices is a great way to get your body in gear. I will let you know how it goes.

Congrats to all of those who are already losing weight!

I am down 3.4 lbs since my last weight watchers weigh in (which was two weeks ago). I have a total of 11 lbs lost so far and so I'm going to start working on my hexagons soon.

Congrats to everyone on their accomplishements. I really need to start adding back in some exercise.

so I cannot do math, if I did 80 squares at two pounds each I'd lose 160 pounds....well then I'd just be a box of bones, literally. It would put me at 26 pounds. I really don't think I want to do that right now. So now with my current figures I want to do 2 squares for every pound and that would put me at 40 pounds.....right?

Hi everone I also lost a few poundsw but I will know for sure when the doctor weighs me. My clothes are real lose on me and especially on my waist. I am not looking for a hugh weight lose for I am on meds that sometimes cause my weight to go up, I have not started my afghan as of yet but I do plan on starting it soon. I am so very happy to hear about all the weight lose in this group for it is an encouragement for us all especially I love hearing about those who are trying to quite smoking for they are working toward a healthier lifestyle for I have been down that road before. Have anyone heard about Paul Mckena book "I Can Make You Thin?" The next time I go into a bookstore I will check it out. I am cheering you all on in your weight lose and cease smoking endeavors. :cheer:cheer:cheer

so I cannot do math, if I did 80 squares at two pounds each I'd lose 160 pounds....well then I'd just be a box of bones, literally. It would put me at 26 pounds. I really don't think I want to do that right now. So now with my current figures I want to do 2 squares for every pound and that would put me at 40 pounds.....right?

Yup if you have 80 squares to do and you want to lose 40 lbs, then 2 squares per pound!

I finally started my squares! And by that I mean I got the first one done- I still have 4 to go before I'm caught up. Hopefully I can get all the squares I need out of one hank, otherwise I'll have to adjust the pattern. I'm making my ends really short, just in case. :D

Congrats on everyone's accomplishments. I lost another lb. :cheer

It's been freezing rain all day and hubby stayed home. I made myself a couple of much needed dishtowels. I fixed us a steaming pot of chicken and vegetable soup for lunch, I even used some homemade chicken broth that I made a couple days ago. After the broth chills in the fridge, you can scrape off the fat that floats to the top.

Now that the holidays are over, the guests have gone and the house is back to normal, I can get back to my Blood, Sweat & Tears Afghan. Haven't touched it in a couple weeks now and getting way behind.

I still need to figure out how to attach one row to another....as soon as I do, I'll update my blog with the instructions.

:mdust

Have anyone heard about Paul Mckena book "I Can Make You Thin?" The next time I go into a bookstore I will check it out.

I watched something from him on Discovery Health and it actually looked pretty interesting. I think it was a show based on his book. IT was about how to make sure your mind is in the right spot with you and not hindering you in wanting to do it. The part I was watching had to do with visualizing. I didn't get to watch too much of it, but it definatly seems worth a look. Not one of those "Eat or drink only this and loose 10 pounds!!!"

this is a very good idea

i need to lose 10 kilose which are 22 lbs :eek

i`m really soooo dispered

i`ll thin about an afghan to do to match my weight lose :think

i`ll be back for sure

ok put me in <<< that was very quick thinking

10 kilos to lose - stripped afghan - 150 rows to do

i think i`ll make 15 rows for each killo i lose , making these row will make me lose even more hehehe :lol

do anyone make exercises?? i have walking 5 miles for lislie sanson

and cindy crofford workout (with the red swim suit on the cover) i`m thinking of doing each one day after day

Thank you everyone for the exercise tips! I'm leary of the videos because we are on the second floor and I'm afraid the neighbors will think I'm trying to break through! LOL The fold up treadmill is an excellent idea... I'll check into that. Hopefully I can get a good deal :)

For any one that lives in a two story house, start taking the stairs two at a time. It is really hard to do the first week but it gets progressively easier...

Yikes! :eek It soounds like a good idea for a younger person, but there's no way my knees could take that! :lol

Like many of you have said, it's all about moderation for me too. If I want a cheeseburger I'm better off just eating a small one and moving on, otherwise I will pick and snack until I've eated everything but what I wanted in the first place! LOL

Welcome all the newbie's. I agree the SB diet is a lifestyle change doesn't feel like a diet to me either.

Hmmm :think I've hear alot of buzz about this diet but don't know the details. Is there a website with the particulars, or do you have to buy the book?

do anyone make exercises?? i have walking 5 miles for lislie sanson

and cindy crofford workout (with the red swim suit on the cover) i`m thinking of doing each one day after day

Walking usually works good for me, but where I live now it's not very safe because there are no sidewalks, plus it's winter and very cold! I plan to look into a treadmill, and maybe some exercise videos from the library. It would be nice if we had a local gym... but we live in a very rural area where something like that is at least an hour drive. :(

Congrats to everyone who has lost and/or maintained weight! Woohoo :cheer

I've gotten kind of a slow start. I started on the first as planned. I weighed myself to get my starting weight and the good thing is that I weigh almost exactly what I did 6 months ago, so at least I haven't gained back the 25 that I lost at the beginning of last year! That's a huge step in the right direction. :D

I wish I could say I've been doing great on the diet, but I slipped up & had a couple of slices of homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I guess it could have been worse though... I've been trying to eat salads most days for lunch and continue to drink water & crystal light. I think my saving grace will be a good exercise routine! :haha

I will do a small granny square afghan in 2,5 inches squares that look like a quilt when it's done? ... I don't know the colors and the layout yet ... I am starting the diet next monday, still pigging out !!! Yep !