2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edit: Hmmmm....did some research on the Catherdal Window Afghan, and it looks so nerve racking.....might not be a good project for trying to quit smoking...lol. Just reading about how it is made, and problems people have encountered.....was enough to make me want a cigerette. So the search is still on for a pattern.

:rofl You'd better find a different one, then! :lol

I think it's great that people are using this CAL to stop smoking. That's the very best thing you can do for yourself! :cheer

:rofl You'd better find a different one, then! :lol

I think it's great that people are using this CAL to stop smoking. That's the very best thing you can do for yourself! :cheer

I know, don't know what I was thinking...:kick I am still trying to decide if trying to lose weight and stop smoking at the same time is wise, I might be setting myself up for failure if I try to do two difficult life changing things at the same time.

Meanwhile, back to looking at patterns...:gallery

Okay, found my pattern:clapIt's called Starbright Afghan, I ordered the booklet from Herrshners....already had some of the yarn in my stash, so that's a plus.

It's a piecework type afghan, so I can start out with making the pieces to quit smoking, and then move on to joining it together for weight loss. :hook

Pam C.

Hello Ladies,

Congrats to all that lost this week!

I have finished a couple of blocks of my DIC done. I will have to take a pic and post them. I have a pic of squares I used and here they are.... http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z23/selanda1/Crocheted%20Items/Picture249.jpg

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Hello Ladies,

I have finished a couple of blocks of my DIC done. I will have to take a pic and post them. I have a pic of squares I used and here they are.... http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z23/selanda1/Crocheted%20Items/Picture249.jpg

Your squares are great, I love the colors.

Hello Ladies,

Congrats, and I love the colors.

Thanks ladies for the compliments.

Ok, I made a photo album for my DIC here .

That is coming along so beautifully! :yay It reminds me of my exercise 'ghan -- the Chains & Diamonds quilt 'ghan I'm doing from the Happy Yellow House website - here. Nobody has made that one yet and she said if I made it and got a good pic of it, she could use it on her website.

I've been much better at exercising the last few days. :clap And drinking my 8 glasses of water a day. I now need to make 18 squares for my exercise 'ghan to catch up. I'm making 2 squares (saltines really) for each 15 min. workout and 4 for each day that I get my 8 glasses of water.

Okay, found my pattern:clapIt's called Starbright Afghan, I ordered the booklet from Herrshners....already had some of the yarn in my stash, so that's a plus.

It's a piecework type afghan, so I can start out with making the pieces to quit smoking, and then move on to joining it together for weight loss. :hook

Pam C.

I added your afghan choice. Is it this one?

Hello, I lose one more pound last week. Slow and steady work well for me. :yes

I did up to 7 tiles. I should do two more tiles, one for pound loss and another for an hour-long walk. I will see how I am doing on next weight-in. (Next Tuesday - 1/3)

Hopefully, the Superbowl party would not blew me. :worried

Edited by tahlara

Congrats everyone! I'm finding this CAL helpful with holding myself accountable. I've been doing pretty well. I'm going out for a run on Tuesday- for real this time. I'm going to do some kind of cross-training tomorrow. I'll be taking it easy because I really don't want to make it worse. I haven't been drinking my water at all, but hopefully I'll still see a loss tomorrow. :worried

After trying different methods of keeping track of my water intake and measuring how many ounces my glasses hold, I finally settled on a method that's easy for me:

I picked a glass that holds exactly 8 oz. I drink 2 glasses before lunch, 1 with lunch (that's 3). Then two before dinner, 1 with dinner (that's 6). And the final 2 after dinner.

sorry, I have been sick....head cold, sore throat, larengitis and then decided I should take some time off work when I got the flu. So needless to say I have not been eating or exercising or drinking water. I'm hoping with the antibiotics things should be better soon.

Good Morning! How is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been JOB hunting. :(

No, I didn't lose my job. I now have to try to get back into the job force after staying at home the last several years. (darn economy)

I'm going to put my exercise 'ghan on hold because I'll have less time for crocheting. And I want to get some almost-done wips finished this next couple weeks.

Good luck on your job hunt. I hope you do plan to resume work on the afghan when time allows.

I'm having trouble staying focused on this weight loss thing, and I am also having difficulty finding time to work on the afghan. At the moment I am only one square behind, but that's essentially because for the past 10 days I have not exercised once, nor have I lost any weight. However, my plan is to continue on it and the weight loss journey. I'm going to lower my rules for making squares. I'll make a square for each two pounds lost, and one squares for each hour of exercising, until I have a little more free time.